• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP13: The Name's N!

Hahaha, N sounds a bit like a pervert when he says "You're a cute one!", but I guess the creepy voice works for the character. I honestly only watched to laugh at the awfulness of N's voice, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Hahaha, N sounds a bit like a pervert when he says "You're a cute one!", but I guess the creepy voice works for the character. I honestly only watched to laugh at the awfulness of N's voice, but it's
not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I was honestly expecting TPCi to give him an unfitting voice, so I was shocked they did a good job with him. XD.

N's voice is that good? Gee, I wish I could hear a clip of his American voice!! XDD

I saw the new OP and they did a good job with the new scenes.

At least it's not misleading.

Other things I realized I forgot in my initial review:

1. N reeeaaallly seemed like a psycho when he said he may have only convinced himself he could hear the voices of Pokemon...damn that voice is good.

2. This is the first time in a loooooong time that Ash has said something that I really found funny, and that was: his little dialogue about how "Whenever I'm hungry, I look at Pikachu and then, OMZ, Pikachu is hungry, too. We're totes NSync!"

3. Finally, from N's initially calling Team Rocket fools to Meowth's questioning of N's Sanity, that whole moment was both badass and simply hilarious.

I just have to say, I find N much more likable in the Anime than the games, which is usually the opposite case for me. Maybe it's because he's jumping in front of Shadow Balls...?

So...the new opening. Pretty cool. I just had to rewind and watch it again.

N himself? Not bad so far. Can't wait to see more of him.

Well, I think they did fine job with making new clips to fit the opening song. Points for using Charizard's Flamethrower (since Char is awesome).

N...he sounds like a bored teenager. No offence. At least it's hundred times better than his voice in animated BW2 trailer.

A few things that bothered me about this episode:

N doesn't talk fast, like in the games (both dub and original).
Iris (both, but mostly dub).
Alomomola's voice SUCKS (dub).
The updated intro was choppy (dub).
The title wasn't even centered properly. Who *centered* it for this episode (dub)?
"To unite the people within our nation (dub)."

Last edited:
i thought that everything from his badass voice to just him in general was perfectly amazing! he was everything i thought he would be!

This was one of the dub episodes I was afraid of, mainly because of how N's voice would be handled. At least the new OP was pretty nice - well done, in my opinion [though I don't keep track of dub OPs, but I still like them].

And then there was N's voice. Oh man, I was pleasantly surprised! A nice mix of maturity and stalker-creepy all at once... but it worked well to me. I agree, it's way better than BW2 trailer!N. It was a good choice and I will definitely be watching the rest of the dub N episodes!

Quick question: I'm not the only one that was laughing at some [read: most] of his lines [Lawl, potential double entendre much?], right? [Thank you, Pokemon dub writers, for giving me a reason to listen to his lines with Ash and co. - they are so... heheh, perfectly refreshing.]

I thought everything else was okay. I really think the writing's not bad, and even funny at some points... but it's decent enough for me to start watching the dub again [even though I'm watching this set for all the future eps, but meh]! Team Rocket's motto was... uh, awkward, if only for the "To unite THE people within our nation" line. Strange how only that line bothered me about them.

Also, I have this feeling there is a dub blooper track that exists for this episode and TCPi, I seriously want to hear it. [mainly for any lines where N is being extremely creepy and when anyone says "Alomomola" - I'm sure just for the name, there's got to be so many retakes and flubs to be had.]

- Juuchan17

James should wear a ponytail more often. He looks quite good like that.

I agree with this! I've thought James looked kinda hot with a ponytail for ages. lol

Also, N was pretty cool! But yeah, I thought it was odd how he didn't address Pokeballs. Maybe he's saving that for later. I also don't REALLY like how Team Rocket seems to gradually be returning to their old selves. I liked their badassness and seriousness. It was nice and fresh and their goofy personalities were getting old. The original motto coming back is fine though.

Oh, and at least they didn't start shouting "we're blasting off again!" again. xP

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom