• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP16: The Light of Floccesy Ranch!

This episode was like a bad Johto filler, from the bland character of the day to the relatively stupid problem.

That's exactly what I was thinking as I watched this episode. It reminded me a bit of "Octillery the Outcast", though like that episode, it also managed to be quite cute.
To think I only got five hours of sleep (I was really busy last night and went to sleep around 3 AM) just to wake up at 8 to watch this episode. :-( That's two episodes in a row that N isn't in, and I'm really hoping he or Team Plasma are in the next episode (don't spoil it for me if that's true).

Still, Ampharos is ultra cute and it's one of my favorite Electric types, so it was nice to see one in a major role, which I think hasn't happened since Johto. I still can't get over the pronounciation; I always thought it was pronounced "am-PHAR-os" (as in, "phare" is French for lighthouse) not "AM-pher-OSS".
TPCi mispronounces Pokemon names a lot.

If that's true, then how the heck are we supposed to know how to correctly pronounce the English names?

OK, I hate to say it but this episode was felt pretty bland and unnecessary.

The plot and today's problem seemed so cheap and kind of forced, it almost reminded me of Johto fillers. And, is it me or was this episode just meant to reaffirm the prejudice that sheep are kind of...slow-witted?

The only two good things about this episode were first Dragonite acting as a coach (and being pretty good at that) and second that we finally got to see inside a Pokeball. If you ask me, it looks pretty narrow and sterile inside those Pokeballs, though. Well, at least we now know that Pokemon mustn't suffer from claustrophobia.

Well, I can't really say much more about the episode apart from the fact that I think the writers should have spared us this one and make the Team Plasma introduction a two-parter instead.

we finally got to see inside a Pokeball.

Actually the inside of a Pokeball has been seen before. I believe it was Misty's Psyduck at the end of the episode it was caught in. But that was years ago so I guess it's easy that one could forget. Besides the inside of that Pokeball was just an empty white space.

I thought this episode was rather cute! Especially because of Pikachu and Axew's cuteness in it lol. Dragonite acting as a coach was neat too. And though I didn't like how there was no explanation for Team Rocket turning more serious, I liked the change. Their old selves got old. They were entertaining for a time, but the goofiness got boring for me.

And as for their method of capturing the Mareep, yeah, it was really slow, but I doubt just rushing over in front of everyone would've been a much better idea.

This episode was like a bad Johto filler, from the bland character of the day to the relatively stupid problem.

That's exactly what I was thinking as I watched this episode. It reminded me a bit of "Octillery the Outcast", though like that episode, it also managed to be quite cute.
To think I only got five hours of sleep (I was really busy last night and went to sleep around 3 AM) just to wake up at 8 to watch this episode. :-( That's two episodes in a row that N isn't in, and I'm really hoping he or Team Plasma are in the next episode (don't spoil it for me if that's true).

Still, Ampharos is ultra cute and it's one of my favorite Electric types, so it was nice to see one in a major role, which I think hasn't happened since Johto. I still can't get over the pronounciation; I always thought it was pronounced "am-PHAR-os" (as in, "phare" is French for lighthouse) not "AM-pher-OSS".

If that's true, then how the heck are we supposed to know how to correctly pronounce the English names?

TPCi's pronounciations are actually Nintendo of America's official names. Despite this, I must agree with Lord_Mewtwo that I'm personally not as fond of them as much as I was the 4Kids pronounciations. They seemed to roll off the tongue more easily to me. Then again, I miss a lot of things from the 4Kids dub sometimes (especially VT's Ash), even if I'm used to the TPCi dub now. Sorry for going off topic for a bit there, but I think that's the case.

Last edited:

TPCi's pronounciations are actually Nintendo of America's official names. Despite this, I must agree with Lord_Mewtwo that I'm personally not as fond of them as much as I was the 4Kids pronounciations. They seemed to roll off the tongue more easily to me. Then again, I miss a lot of things from the 4Kids dub sometimes (especially VT's Ash), even if I'm used to the TPCi dub now. Sorry for going off topic for a bit there, but I think that's the case.
For the record I pronounce Ampharos Am-far-os. Always have since G/S came out, and that's how I'll keep pronouncing it.

Did ash just say "what is that" with Mareep even tho there was a johto episode of marreep years ago where he seen a bunch of them.

Did ash just say "what is that" with Mareep even tho there was a johto episode of marreep years ago where he seen a bunch of them.

Remember how many times he's battled James' Weezing, and yet he had to scan Roxie's Koffing with the Zukan/Pokedex? Seriously, it's Ash, you know him all to well to think he'll remember stuff! JK. :)

Remember how many times he's battled James' Weezing, and yet he had to scan Roxie's Koffing with the Zukan/Pokedex? Seriously, it's Ash, you know him all to well to think he'll remember stuff! JK. :)

yep i agree, although in unova he seems to do this mess more tho. I still sorta blame that on the fact that he has the only pokedex in the group whereas in AG and DP the girls usally scanned the pokemon that ash already seen.

If i recall correctly, He pokedexed gengar every time he met one.

What a different take on the inside of a Poké Ball. It looked more like a computer system instead of the empty sphere seen other times.

And who serves soup in regular coffee/ tea mugs?

Although some things didn't really make sense, this was a cute episode. I always like seeing Pokemon having their own conversations with each other, in the way Dragonite and Ampharos were. Ampharos' expressions were comical, and the scene with Dragonite actually blushing in its Pokeball was an unexpected surprise.

I liked this episode (but then I like almost all episodes of the anime). Glad Ampharos learned Thunder Punch in the end. But I still wonder how does learning Thunder Punch help it build its confidence to keep a check on the Mareep. :confused::confused: Also I wish Flaaffy also appeared along with the other members of its evolution line, but then it's fine with me both ways.(y)(y)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom