• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP20: Team Plasma's Pokémon Manipulation!

This episode just didn't cut it for me..
Does writers ever stop and think, wtf does a group of 10 year old kids have to do with a rampaging pokemon, Where there are Nurse joys, jennies, Other kind of police and adults "Trained" For such situation. This makes as much sense as Me, a 100% complete civilian go and try to arrest a serial killer alone.
Yet when the group got there, it was ghost city, As if everyone abandoned the city. "Oh noes, Haxorus is rampaging! We should evacuate immediately and seal off the city while he is destroying our town.. Well, better go find a new place to live.."
Atleast loker was there, It would be total awkward if ash and co. were the only good guys around
Also, in the end of the episode, How did they end up in a forest? Well the weather was foggy, But from that sky picture we saw in the episode, It would have atleast take them several hours to get there. Now if N was in bad shape, Would he survive a few hours of levitating in such shape? Wouldn't it make more sense if they sent him to a hospital rather than a mysterious lake? yea ok.

It had some good moments as mentioned in the topic already. But i couldn't really enjoy this episode.

Sorry, This episode was a waste of time. 2/10 But that's me. I generally don't enjoy villain episodes of pokemon because they don't make sense at all. (Which takes a whole new thread to talk about)

Then she and the others directly disobeyed an officer’s orders. Not that they haven’t done that before, but it was still annoying. Especially when they stole that boat.

Actually, they didn't disobey Officer Jenny. She told them that they weren't allowed to cross the bridge, and they didn't. Actually, I was hoping they'd fly in on Charizard and Dragonite, but Jenny didn't tell them that they couldn't do that. Or ride a boat across.
Well think about it, the bridge was obviously not closed for repairs. Officer Jenny did that so nobody would go in.

I sorta like this episode. :) And many other episodes of episode N.

After watching the episode, I wish I had asked to go back and record the first couple lines; was sort of cleaning out the vocal cobwebs in the beginning. I thought I did alright, I was more just grateful to finally do an episode of Black & White.

Hope you guys have been enjoying this arc so far. The actors for the new BW2 characters are fantastic. Eli was a big highlight on this one as Colress.

You are friken lucky, you achieved a dream that I always wanted to do as a kid. :D And that's VA a pokemon episode.

After watching the episode, I wish I had asked to go back and record the first couple lines; was sort of cleaning out the vocal cobwebs in the beginning. I thought I did alright, I was more just grateful to finally do an episode of Black & White.

Hope you guys have been enjoying this arc so far. The actors for the new BW2 characters are fantastic. Eli was a big highlight on this one as Colress.

So you only got to see the end result now? You didn't get a look before-hand?

I sorta like this episode. :) And many other episodes of episode N.

You are friken lucky, you achieved a dream that I always wanted to do as a kid. :D And that's VA a pokemon episode.

Yeah, or in Kirbopher's case, three episodes. I think he deserves more than your standard COTD to demonstrate his abilities, but that's just me. XD.

He really has quite the broad range. It's quite impressive.

Khoury was an okay example of his work, and I thought good sometimes as well. It's one of the very few voices in the DP dub I did not cringe at in disgust to say the least.

Even if I thought it was not his best work, Kirb's voice was still a big relief from the "Sean Schemmel-Lisa Ortiz-Marc Thompson" COTD Pattern the TPCi dub has been accumulating in recent episodes of the dub (akin to its predecessor the 4Kids dub).

Last edited:
Who The Hell Voices Jenny Now it is getting annoying with her. Eli James is just perfect as Colress.

Who The Hell Voices Jenny Now it is getting annoying with her. Eli James is just perfect as Colress.

Agreed on both accounts.

Pretty sure it's still Emily Bauer/Emily Jenness voicing her, but in a different tone than in the earlier BW eps.

I get that the whole "Unova Jenny is diff from the other Jenny" thing, but never understood why she received a different seiyuu and VA from the ones in Kanto-Sinnoh. Maybe because since Unova is more based on the USA, whereas Kanto, Johto/Jouto, Hoenn/Houen, and Sinnoh/Shinou were based off of the different parts of Japan like Tokyo Region, Kansai, North part of Japan, etc? IDK.

Maybe since Unova Jenny looks more like a dike or a lesbian? JK.

Honestly, my favorite Officer Jenny voices were Lee Quick (4Kids) and Emlyn/Emily Morinelli (TPCi). I have to agree E. Bauer is really flat in the role to me, but I don't really know how the seiyuu in Japanese plays the Isshu Officer Jenny, so to be fair I can't judge her based on that little to go on. Personally, I don't like her voice that much, either.

On the other hand, Colress' voice is simply fantastic. TPCi really outdid themselves on that one. I can't think of a single thing I don't like about Eli James' performance. He's perfect for the role!

I'd like to add he did a pretty awesome Damian in the dub of BW116. It was a bit different from Maddie's version, but close enough that I still enjoyed the performance he did a lot. :D

One more thing I want to bring up, am I the only one that laughed at Meowth's "It's a cliffhanger!" line? I've heard worse Team Rocket dialogue but that line completely caught me off guard XD

-goes on again about how perfect Colress' voice is-

One more thing I want to bring up, am I the only one that laughed at Meowth's "It's a cliffhanger!" line? I've heard worse Team Rocket dialogue but that line completely caught me off guard XD

-goes on again about how perfect Colress' voice is-

Guess this was your evaluation time, right? :D

Yeah, usually Jimmy Zoppi's Meowth agitates me, but I was laughing when I heard that bit of dialogue. XD.

Last edited:
At the end, with N unconscious in the pond, and Anthea and Concordia staring at him, only one question can be brought up:
What the fucking fuck is going on?

The conclusion of the episode was terrible.

So Angie's Liepard hits the airship with a Shadow Ball... and it damages Colress' machine which is inside the ship? What? Specifically, It seems that when the attack hits the airship it causes electrical problems which affects Colress' machine... not that that's any more coherent. After that, Team Plasma just up and leaves. One of their objectives is to retrieve N, who just happens to be unconscious and severely injured. Is there a better opportunity to seize him? Are they incapable of doing anything just because Colress' machine is damaged? No, they're not, as we see in BW114 and the next episode. It's like the writers just crapped out a resolution because the episode was almost over.

Last edited:
Colress' voice is really excellent, both in sound and delivery. Very fitting, very well acted.

N's I usually like, he's fittingly quiet and awkward, but he could stand to make his cries sound a bit more pained.

The script is also really good! I love Colress' lines.

The Great Intelligence: it'll make sense come next episode, which is also one of my favourites for this arc (for all the backstory and development, as well as the pretty art).

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom