• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP26: Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!

Parker's dub name is Porter

and yet Ash calls him Parker the second after Porter introduces himself XD

So Reshiram appeared in the lackluster Team Plasma finale while Zekrom served only to de-power Pikachu (with no explanation) and appear in a whimsical dream sequence. Hmmm, who do you think got it worse?

Team Rocket's plot was fairly elaborate this time around, which I like. The fantasy of throwing the protags overboard was funny.

I'm a little disappointed the dub removed the Battle Subway music used in the climax, since it fit so well.

Last edited:
At least they didn't just ignore the whole Adventures in Unova thing, but unless it's a retroactive change for the whole series, why call it Unova and Beyond when this episode is 'Farewell Unova' and presumably they won't return?

I know this would destroy the plot point totally, but when the Team Rocket fake tickets clearly look like the ones for the big ship - wouldn't someone checking them say something more than that you can't get on the ship with them? Wouldn't they know about the other ships that depart from the port? Wouldn't there be a port authority to stop the Rocket ship?

After just accepting things like that, this episode is a nice change of pace over the previous weeks, and it is good to get a slight bit of a goal from Iris and Cilan - though perhaps Ash could finally mention to Iris that she could see his Dragon type at Oak's (okay, I'll accept that as well).

Oshawott is amusing as always, especially with the animation on his eyes - and I really liked seeing Pikachu having fun on the slide. Team Rocket were nice here - I like the extremely over-elaborate plots, especially when it has been a while since a Pikachu theft plot. This TR is good in small doses - say once a month at most?

They kept it because it's the same season. They added "And Beyond" to the Show title. The opening.sequence changed, though.

Also, enjoyed the episode.

I DO NOT KNOW WHO Voices Parker here and I really just want to call him that because it is betterin my Opinion. And why was Zekrom Who's That Pokemon I guess they had to choose that one. I also liked Ed Paul as Giovanni again and Persian Cameo. Meowth was good in this One.

It's funny how in the opening sequence, they kept Ash, Pikachu, Iris and Axew running but cut out Cilan and Pansage. Are they not important now?

It's funny how in the opening sequence, they kept Ash, Pikachu, Iris and Axew running but cut out Cilan and Pansage. Are they not important now?
I found that funny too! Out of a 30 second theme song they could just put all the main characters xD

This was a good Episode and had some Laughs I think and it was Good with Team Rocket and Oshawott who stole the Show JUST Like when John Malkovich Stole Red 2 And The Minions Stole Despicable Me 2.

I really hate how TPCi have handled season 16. The theme song is awful, and the OP footage is very poorly done in the N and DA arcs. The name is also horrible. Adventures in Unova was bad to begin with, and then they go and change the title to something that still has Unova in the name when they're not even there any more.

Rival Destinies should have covered the Pokémon League. First of all, the title is appropriate since the League is all about Ash's rivals, and it's much more fitting as a season finale rather than being shoehorned into the first 10 episodes of a season. They could have given BW a few more episodes to even out the count. Not like the subway arc is in any way a satisfying season ender. Season 16 should have started today, with a better song and footage for DA. Episode N should have been promoted as a special mini season. It's what they did in Japan and it worked perfectly.

I know season titles and OPs don't affect the content of the episode itself, but it still annoys me that we've been given pure crap this year when the original is so much better.

TR's plan may have been somewhat inventive, but it made Ash look like an idiot for swallowing it hook, line, & sinker. Especially since it brings back the see-through disguises that make me question Ash's eyesight. And hearing. And survival instincts. You'd think after being snookered so many times, he might try being on his guard for once, but no...once again TPTB have to keep him dumb. Of course, neither Iris nor Cilan can question his intelligence if they fell in the same trap. (Iris might, anyway, at some point...)

When Giovanni was praising the TRio for taking out Team Plasma, I figured that either he was BSing them or they didn't tell him the whole story. And I doubt he would've believed them anyway.

I did enjoy the little 'colored pencil fantasy' that Team Rocket had, along with the high-pitched voices. I cracked up when he said his name was Porter and Ash called him Parker. All in all, one of Team Rocket's more elaborate traps. Although, I'm still trying to figure out how they even got a cruise ship. Though it wasn't very good quality...(Lol)

But I wonder... where the heck did Cilan's Pansage go? I don't think you see it much after Beauties Battling For Pride and Prestige... maybe its ego was permanently damaged and it's going to spend the rest of its days in a Pokéball?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hate how TPCi have handled season 16. The theme song is awful, and the OP footage is very poorly done in the N and DA arcs. The name is also horrible. Adventures in Unova was bad to begin with, and then they go and change the title to something that still has Unova in the name when they're not even there any more.

Rival Destinies should have covered the Pokémon League. First of all, the title is appropriate since the League is all about Ash's rivals, and it's much more fitting as a season finale rather than being shoehorned into the first 10 episodes of a season. They could have given BW a few more episodes to even out the count. Not like the subway arc is in any way a satisfying season ender. Season 16 should have started today, with a better song and footage for DA. Episode N should have been promoted as a special mini season. It's what they did in Japan and it worked perfectly.

I know season titles and OPs don't affect the content of the episode itself, but it still annoys me that we've been given pure crap this year when the original is so much better.

I agree, IMHO they should have chose a much better name for season 16.

As for the rest, they are under some 52 episode rule, that prob the reason why that happens.

This episode was okay for the most part I guess. Though there were some things I disliked.

So after defeating Team Plasma, Ash wants to go back home. Iris's reasons for going with him are believable. But Cilan says he wants to go to other reigons to broaden his connoisseur skills? He's not even doing that now! And after Team Rocket aids in defeating an evil organization, they just want to go back to catching Pikachu. Why? Why can't they do something important?

So while Ash talks to Oak, Oshawott just pops out of his Poke Ball for NO REASON. Seriously, what was the point of that? He did nothing. Was that just so Juniper could mention transferring Ash's other Pokémon? Weird. Well, at least it was nice to see Muk again.

So Team Rocket is back to using disguises? Ugh. Well at least they had a good, well thought out plan, so I'll give them some credit. What was up with Pikachu in this episode? He seemed so...childish. Getting all excited for a playroom. Then not listening to Jessie when she told him and Axew to stop running. I found it so odd and hilarious how Axew was the one trying to get out of the room while Pikachu was just playing around.

One of Ash's Pokeballs falls. And of course it's Oshawott again. Well at least he actually does something useful by letting that gang and the Pokémon out of the room. Then comes the battle. Did Iris really tell Excadrill to use dig on a boat? Cilan already said that battling wasn't a good idea and then she just puts a hole in the boat. Then Team Rocket's idea to fix the hole is to plug it up with Amoongus's body with little Woobat on top. I miss their intelligence in early BW when they actually had good escape plans.

So the gang gets on the right boat, Ash calls Porter Parker even though he'd said his name a few seconds before, and episode ends. All in all, it was okay, but not great. 6/10.

[video=youtube;zAN2Rx5ERUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAN2Rx5ERUY[/video]
What was that? They shouldn't have used the water shot at the beggining, that way the different shots would fit into the beat of the song. And what the heck at the end? They look above to the sun and the image suddenly changes to the logo out of nowhere, they could at least put a flash transition to make it less weird.

Porter is a nice name except that it's too obvious. But Parker sounds like someone who parks cars to me so I wasn't seeing them keeping the name either. I was hoping that they would rename him to have a "J" or "G" as the first letter of his name, though.

Yeah agree! The shot switching from looking at the sun should have faded to white for like less than half a second and then from there fade into the logo. I really think that TPCi really mismanaged this season.

Parker is an okay name, but it remids me of Spiderman's boss yelling PARKER! Porter reminds me of a port side of a boat.

The updated opening felt very lackluster indeed. Had TPCi been in better contact with the Japanese producers then maybe the season's could have been managed better as a whole. Also, LOL at Ash calling Porter, Parker, a script error on the dub's part though honestly, why the change? Didn't they get the Thunderbirds reference like they did with Virgil. This unnecessary change of names from the Japanese version always bothers me.

Other than that, a good dub.

The updated opening felt very lackluster indeed. Had TPCi been in better contact with the Japanese producers then maybe the season's could have been managed better as a whole. Also, LOL at Ash calling Porter, Parker, a script error on the dub's part though honestly, why the change? Didn't they get the Thunderbirds reference like they did with Virgil. This unnecessary change of names from the Japanese version always bothers me.

Other than that, a good dub.
I believe several of the change of names they do is to avoid reusing names from other CoTDs or characters, thus explaining why any English-like names like Angie is Aldith, Brad is Barret, etc.

I Actually liked the Opening I think, not the Best Editing, but it was Good and the Basculin Submarine looks good in the Opening.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom