messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.
For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.
Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
Dat Professor Oak, doe’! Glad we get to see him in person, finally.
Alright, so this episode just adds on to that hatred of Iris I realized last week.
“Forme changes are an excellent topic!”- Cilan. Yes they are! Let’s stop making them.
That Katakana and Kanji on the TV!; how long has it been since we've seen that? Sinnoh Now? Pretty nice.
I thought it was funny how Pikachu reacted when talking about good tasting electricity.
So wait, nobody needs their washing machines or refrigerators on this island? They just, gave them all to the Rotom to play on? It’s stuff like this, I mean, if this was in the real world and for animals, no one would give a damn about them enough to give away a whole washing machine.
Also, did Rotom always say its name? I though it just made, like, laughing sounds in DP. No matter, though.
I love how those two Rotom were just chilling when their friend got almost captured. More importantly, shouldn't Oak be better at catching? Maybe that’s why he never gives the tutorial…Plus, I think he ate the Gum Gum Devil Fruit.
The Rotom don’t like Stunfisk’s electricity? Wow, even the anime makes Stunfisk lame.
Is this like, the first time genderless Pokémon have been referenced? Because, they sort of made it seem like Phione was male back in DP.
They ran all over Stunfisk! I feel bad for him! T~T
How come the Rotom didn't change forme forever ago anyway?
Why doesn't Oak have any Electric types on him? This man is not prepared! Except for the whole, Gum-Gum thing.
“Oh yeah, you can’t help here.” – Cilan. Wow…poor Stunfisk…
Team Rocket is getting pretty pathetic again…=~= Like, laughably so…That seal was piece of paper…and now we’re on how awesome duct tape is?
“I finally caught Rotom!” – Oak. Yeah, you finally caught it because you WEREN'T PREPARED!
WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST GO WITH OAK?! I DON’T WANT TO ENDURE ANY MORE OF THIS!!
Ok, they said “Best Wishes!” again~ Yay~
Awesome, Oak ended the episode. And on this note, this episode wasn't bad, but like the last one, I can’t exactly say that it was that good. Once again, Team Rocket tries to still act serious while behaving like goofballs. They clearly can’t do both simultaneously, so I’d prefer if they’d pick one. Also, you'd think that if Oak went there, full well knowing he was gonna try to catch a Rotom and that it liked to eat electricity, that he'd have brought and Electric-type with him, or something to weaken a Rotom with. But it was much better than the previous ones, so it gets a 5/10.
Okay. This episode was just a large combination of weird. Weird plot, weird events, I even found the dialogue weird. Not to mention the fact that they used the Episode N intro. Basically, Oak is on this island just to catch a Rotom.
Iris is really getting on my nerves with this rudeness. Oak could see her perfectly fine, she didn’t need to push in front of Cilan. And she called Rotom a brat?
Ash pushing the lawn mower and saying it was fun? I just can’t.
For some reason everyone seemed really unenthusiastic to me at the beginning of this episode. Iris said she was surprised to hear about Rotom’s forms, yet she sounded really bored to me. Oak also sounded pretty dull.
I admit, Oak getting repeatedly shocked by the Rotom and feeling no pain while continuing to have a conversation with them was kind of funny.
The first part of Team Rocket’s plan was actually okay. But then putting on tape and calling it some sort of magical device was really lame. I miss when Team Rocket was always serious.
As expected Oak catches one of the Rotom. I don’t think this episode was really bad, just weird and kind of predicatable. 2/10.
Wow, so they really kept the Japanese text from Oak's Lecture. Well, that was impressive. It makes me wonder if the Japanese staff will notice that TPCi don't act like 4Kids so they could feel more free to put their Japanese-y stuff in there without fearing it will be edited out. The dub in general was rather good, I actually dislike Carter Cathcart as Oak, but he didn't screwed it up as usual. The end was a bit akward, but it actually sounds like if the narrator was impersonating Oak to me, even if their actors are different.
Also, it's kind of funny how Ash is yelling at the Professor, asking him to say hi to everyone. Because, you know, Oak was in a airplane, Ash. He can't hear anything.
I'd call them brats too, if they ganged up and attacked my Pokemon, lol. But that 'brattiness' is why I like the Rotom species.
I never noticed until now that Ash and his friends all have Ground types. I don't know why, I just never noticed it until this episode. I also didn't notice that they all had Electric types until the Joltik episode.
- Porter's voice actor is reading off his lines yet again. "Aaaaaahhhhhh." Abysmal voice overs from this actor the last 3 out of 4 episodes he's been in: emotion, man, have you heard of it?
- Carter Cathcart's Professor Oak was...surprisingly...average. The guy is off and on so much this episode, though. Either he blew it (beginning when introducing himself; as my friend Misty Calls Masquerain put this part, "when he was screaming from the Rotom shocking him, you could hear James's voice, little distinction"; ending scene when he said "I caught a Rotom!"), or he did surprisingly good (when talking to Ash, Iris, and Cilan in that lobby or center; when talking to the Rotom and asking if it wanted to be his Pokemon).
- Sarah started off good as Ash in the first half of the episode, and started regressing to her DP Ash (aka her voice was too deep) in the second half of the episode (e.g. "I hear you!"). She still needs to work on her consistency, but she did an average performance all around today.
- Eileen had the same problems Sarah had today: consistency. All around average from her today.
- Jason, as always, does good work as Cilan. No problems with him: great work today.
- Team Rocket are spouting so much garbage that I don't know where to begin: awful dialogue from them today. Alliterations abound! (See what I did there-- well, assonance, but you get the idea...)
- As for the vocal performances for TRio, James sounded more nasally than usual, but better than usual: that's...weird. Meowth sounded WAY better than usual. Jessie sounded worse than usual: Michele's overacting the part too much. Both Michele and Carter did average work today for the three characters.
- The dialogue...smh...so bad, today:
"The electricity is delicious!" -- Nurse Joy (Nurse Joy, do you eat the electricity? How do you know it's delicious? O_O)
James mumbling some nonsense about something being "veritable" and such.
Voices: 7/10 (Average: Sides + Main)
Voice Acting: 6.5/10 (Slightly Poor: Sides + Main)
Plot: 8.5/10 (Great)
Script Writing/Dialogue: 5/10 (Bad)
Lack of Edits: 10/10 (Excellent: Great Job, TPCi, for not editing anything out with the Live Caster Segment).
Dub Music: 7/10 (Average)
I have to agree with everyone who's tired of hearing Carter Cathcart (I'm more used to calling him Jimmy Zoppi) as Professor Oak. Especially since Stan Hart is still around. Hell, Giovanni got his old voice back with Ted Lewis, so why not Oak?
The moment the lights in the Pokémon Center went on the fritz, I knew it was Rotom. Also, once I saw the non-surprised reactions of everyone else, I knew it had happened several times before. Pity that Our Gang never catches on so quickly.
Oak apparently got ahold of Ash's Idiot Ball, since he tried to catch Rotom without battling. (TVTropes has enhanced my life.) You'd think a professor would know better. And speaking of not battling, does he still have that Dragonite from the Mirage Pokémon special? Bet Iris would've loved seeing it.