• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP31: To Catch a Rotom!

That would be a rubbish Island to live on. You're mid way through a game on the Xbox, the Rotoms turn the power off.

Or in the middle of watching a fave show. Or fixing lunch. (the islanders say the flickering means lunch, but wouldn't it be delayed?)

It was just another DA episode. Meaning it tries to be like the Kanto episodes...and fails (with the added annoyance of references to the Oak lectures/seryus :-|).

And if I didn't know better, I'd swear the writers admitted they hate Stunfisk in this episode...

Last edited:
The last time the show had Japanese in it was the 王 symbol on the back of Kurotsugu's jacket. The time before that? The 一 symbol on the drums that the Plusle and Minun had in that one cheerleading episode of Advanced Generation. Before that? Sometime during the early Orange Islands.

There was also the recent New Years' special, but I'm sure the production staff knew there was no way that was going to get dubbed anyway.

Well I was talking more about regular, numbered episodes of the TV series. Specials aren't counted in this, of course :p

Poor stunfisk. He looked so sad being all but useless this episode. I did like some of the throw backs to earlier eps in this one though. Im surprised now one else has mentioned the 'magic seal' they put on the box holding Rotom was referring back to that really early episode with Ghastly and the ghost of the young woman.

What the hell is up with tpci? first they aired the wrong intro, then they didn't use a paint edit, on an obvious japanese text

What the hell is up with tpci? first they aired the wrong intro, then they didn't use a paint edit, on an obvious japanese text

The wrong intro is a rookie mistake, but the Japanese text? Who really gives a fuck about it?

Seeing actual Japanese text in the dub is awesome. Nice blast from the past to see both "Oak's Pokemon Lecture" and a poem in this episode. :) The Rotom not liking Stunfisk's electricity was funny, as was its faceplant reaction when Cilan started to use it but remembered it wouldn't do any good.

This episode featuring Rotom was a very enjoyable episode indeed, especially, since I did not watch Get Your Rotom Running! properly, nor did I bother watching it later on.
Stunfisk hopping all the way to Cilan, only to be informed that it is not very helpful was hilarious. Also, the group using their Ground-type Pokémon was a nice touch.
Perhaps, the Magic seals Jessie was referring to date back to The Ghost of Maiden's Peak!.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom