• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP33: Butterfree and Me!

They rushed through the Team Plasma arc for stuff like THIS?!?! D8<

Cute nostalgic episode, though I actually expected that we were going to see Ash's original Butterfree again rather than a new one. Still, nostalgia everywhere!

*me at start of episode, somewhat annoyed by its somewhat pandering use of nostalgia*

Hmm, you won't get to me, anime!

*moments after Caterpie comes out, and does its adorable little cry*

TheSaddestGuy.png

There was some problems with lip-sync in this episode, in my opinion...

Aaaand the ending scene wasn't nearly as emontional as in japanese, dammit TPCi and you replacing the best pieces of BGM.

I like the further acknowledgement of Ash's past Pokemon, especially telling his current companions about it. It wasn't as much as he did in the Charizard episode, but then again, he didn't have Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree for nearly as long of a time either. It seemed that they spent an unusually long time on that island, but I guess those cruise ships must come by on a regular schedule, so they could technically stay as long as they wanted. Must be nice.

I know this is belated, but I haven't mentioned it yet: I like the "rocket exhaust" look to Team Rocket's new "blasting off" sequences. I see what you did there, animators.

Oh, such a wonderful and nostalgic episode. It is similar to Bye Bye, Butterfree! in a number of ways but with Iris and Cilan in place of Misty and Brock, and I liked that. I remember, when I first watched Bye Bye, Butterfree! at the age of 7 or 8, I wrote a poem to express my emotions that day (I do not remember how good or bad it was nor can I read it now as its whereabouts are currently unknown :p; I intend to do no such thing now!). Ah, the memories. :)
Nevertheless, about this episode, I liked Iris being in-tune nature again while playing with Caterpie, gladly swinging on vines, with Ash and Cilan experiencing troubles. Oh, I so love that girl. :love: Another interesting part was when the group was running up the mountain and Cilan commented that the feat was tough, but Iris said that he must be joking. That's what you expect from the wild girl, Iris. :love::love:

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom