• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP35: Searching for a Wish!

They got the "unite all people within our nation" line right, cool. As well as getting the opening right... guess they started to pay attention. Voice Actress of Jirachi was very very familiar, what else is she in?

Whilst it was a meh episode, I'd say debuting Jirachi was important.

Alright, so they corrected the intro and also James' line in the motto?

I clearly heard him say 'To unite all people within our nation' and not 'the people'.

Is it just me or did Gemma look a lot like Gwen Tennyson?

This episode was very been there, done that. I love the Jirachi movie and all, but they could have tried to make the episode a little more unique from it. I did like the implication that Ash recognized Jirachi, though, even if it wasn't stated outright.

Also, seeing as Chiisaki Mono was kept by 4Kids and TPCi multiple times (the movie, Ambipom's release episode, other episodes around that point in DP), it was kind of weird that they'd replace it now. I guess they're never really consistent with that stuff, though.

Ya see, this is why I liked it when a Legendary appears in the Show over the Movies. This Jirachi played a role and had some fight in him, unlike the Mary Sue In Distress from Movie 6. It's always nice to have a COTD with a good (and in this case quite stirring) storyline. And hey, the TRio actually went after a Legendary and were willing to endanger/kill a little girl! (Now if they'd just get rid of that damn balloon again)

Mainly changing the music at the end kinda ruined the enjoyment there to me. Chiisaki Mono fit so well there in the original and made actual sense plus it gave a whole load of emotion to that scene. All emotion was lost with that scene in the dub, to me at least.

To me, It's All Inside of You is emotional too... but educational. It tells me to "Be brave, be strong, and be honest." That's what I will and always wanted to be.

The episode however is barely enjoyable. Jirachi FTW. 8/10

Before I review the thread, I have a little something to say. Man, writing in plot summaries for episodes on Bulbapedia is a taxing task, isn't it? I mean, while watching the episode I literally wrote on every minute detail of this episode on my notebook, even though it took me a one hour to completely watch the episode. But anyways, if my edit removes the 'incomplete plot' tag from one of Bulbapedia's episodes, then I don't mind the trouble at all.

When it comes to reviewing the episode, I ABSOLUTELY liked this one, and give it a 10-on-10 from my side. From searching for Jirachi to its shy personality to Gemma's backstory to Jirachi's transformation, I liked each and every part of this episode. I felt quite sad when Jirachi had to transform back into the 'egg' and sink in the lake. LOVED this episode. :love::love: Easily one of my favorite Decolore Islands episode.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom