• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP36: Capacia Island UFO!

It was a okay episode had a few funny moments as well. But overall it was better then that Dream Thief Beheeyem episode.

The Episode is Good I Think, a Filler, but Still a Good Episode.

The ONLY HOOD Voices were Sara Natochenny, Michele Knotz, Jason Griffith, Kazie Rogers, and Surprisingly Carter Cathcart were all Good.

Meowth for Who's That Pokemon=FTW

Dr. Beeheeyem REALLY CC, U DID A GOOD JOB VOICING TODAY BUY U CANT GWTHR WRITING DONE JUST WOW!

Lipica Shaw U ARE JUST BAD AS Officer Jenny and Eileen Stevens was Not Good.

I give this an 8.5 Very Entertaining.

As if last week’s episode about the Wishing Pokémon wasn’t enough, this episode stars out with a falling star, that Iris wishes to wish upon.

Are you serious? Wishing on a star? Iris is a frickin’ hypocrite. Actually, I think we've known that for some time now, but still, pisses me off about her character. And I don’t really know why I’m pointing this out since I know she’s about to be gone, but dealing with her become more and more annoying in this final stretch is just completely irritating.

Well, who liked that Cilan opening anyway? I’m now highly curious as to if this changing of openings is intentional.

Is this another weird alien episode? Because...why? We've already had two, and for this same evolutionary family. What's the point of another one? Now, granted, that Beheeyem one was rather uninteresting due to the similarities to the DP Mismagius episode, but...that doesn't mean I want another one.

Cilan’s good night sleep is an uncomfortable position on the couch?

Beheeyem faces. ._. This episode is creeping me out…is this…like not a dream? What the hell’s with the faces? Why did Pikachu just shake his off? What the hell did her go to Officer Jenny for? Also, did her voice change this episode, because I really liked it.

Oh boy, so this is also a Team Rocket truce/missing Meowth episode. Well, let's just see where this goes.

Meowth is the Who’s that Pokémon? Well, I guess there really weren't any other options but...

I…don’t have much to say here…like, in general…this episode…

How did Meowth escape by pulling his head through, rather than the back of him, which is smaller?

“Now! Take us to your leaders!” – Ash. Ash is enjoying this.

Dammit, they’re using Meowth to talk. That poor slave.

LOL Pikachu is an idiot! These guys are total morons. And it's being acknowledged. They acknowledged that Ash is an idiot. Am I the only one who finds that hilarious. I'm basically more shocked that they did it to Pikachu. And then they believe Beheeyem meant smart people. These guys...

=~= Where did Beheeyem get a ship? Yeah, it's late but, I forgot to wonder about it since this episode is so weird. Though, I think some Clefairy had their own ship once, if I'm not mistaken, so...

One of a kind? Meowth has one on his head right NOW! And Team Rocket always lies! Ash is an idiot.

How the Fokko did Cilan and Iris find Ash?! Where did Axew get the mask? What happened to everyone else? So many questions left unanswered. I guess there was no reason to elaborate since everyone seemed to forget this all happened (I'd like to, too), but still...

Y’know, Ash freaking out was probably the highlight of this episode. It really was the best part.

…I really have no idea what to say about this. It was more interesting than the last Beeheeyem episode, yeah, but…it just seemed…overly…something…

It wasn't perfect by any means, but I can't really say anything in particular really bothered me. Except Iris. Even Team Rocket fit well into this episode, rather than feeling stuck in for the purpose of having a villain. I admit, I found myself not totally interested throughout much of the episode, though. I'll give it a 6/10.

As if last week’s episode about the Wishing Pokémon wasn’t enough, this episode stars out with a falling star, that Iris wishes to wish upon.

Are you serious? Wishing on a star? Iris is a frickin’ hypocrite. Actually, I think we've known that for some time now, but still, pisses me off about her character. And I don’t really know why I’m pointing this out since I know she’s about to be gone, but dealing with her become more and more annoying in this final stretch is just completely irritating.

Well, who liked that Cilan opening anyway? I’m now highly curious as to if this changing of openings is intentional.

Is this another weird alien episode? Because...why? We've already had two, and for this same evolutionary family. What's the point of another one? Now, granted, that Beheeyem one was rather uninteresting due to the similarities to the DP Mismagius episode, but...that doesn't mean I want another one.

Cilan’s good night sleep is an uncomfortable position on the couch?

Beheeyem faces. ._. This episode is creeping me out…is this…like not a dream? What the hell’s with the faces? Why did Pikachu just shake his off? What the hell did her go to Officer Jenny for? Also, did her voice change this episode, because I really liked it.

Oh boy, so this is also a Team Rocket truce/missing Meowth episode. Well, let's just see where this goes.

Meowth is the Who’s that Pokémon? Well, I guess there really weren't any other options but...

I…don’t have much to say here…like, in general…this episode…

How did Meowth escape by pulling his head through, rather than the back of him, which is smaller?

“Now! Take us to your leaders!” – Ash. Ash is enjoying this.

Dammit, they’re using Meowth to talk. That poor slave.

LOL Pikachu is an idiot! These guys are total morons. And it's being acknowledged. They acknowledged that Ash is an idiot. Am I the only one who finds that hilarious. I'm basically more shocked that they did it to Pikachu. And then they believe Beheeyem meant smart people. These guys...

=~= Where did Beheeyem get a ship? Yeah, it's late but, I forgot to wonder about it since this episode is so weird. Though, I think some Clefairy had their own ship once, if I'm not mistaken, so...

One of a kind? Meowth has one on his head right NOW! And Team Rocket always lies! Ash is an idiot.

How the Fokko did Cilan and Iris find Ash?! Where did Axew get the mask? What happened to everyone else? So many questions left unanswered. I guess there was no reason to elaborate since everyone seemed to forget this all happened (I'd like to, too), but still...

Y’know, Ash freaking out was probably the highlight of this episode. It really was the best part.

…I really have no idea what to say about this. It was more interesting than the last Beeheeyem episode, yeah, but…it just seemed…overly…something…

It wasn't perfect by any means, but I can't really say anything in particular really bothered me. Except Iris. Even Team Rocket fit well into this episode, rather than feeling stuck in for the purpose of having a villain. I admit, I found myself not totally interested throughout much of the episode, though. I'll give it a 6/10.

No, Officer Jenny's Voice had been Changed since Plasma's Debut Gal

This episode was actually pretty funny. The plot was good and it was entertaining for the most part. But most of all, this episode probably had some the funniest lines I’ve heard in a while.

Iris: What, is something wrong with my face?”

Ash: You bet there is!”

Funniest lines ever. Okay maybe not ever, but funniest lines in BW.

Ash: “C’mon those masks look really stupid”

So dumb, it’s funny.

Anyway, on to the episode. It was great. I was worried that teaming up with Ash would make team rocket act more like comic reliefs than serious. But they were actually serious throughout almost the entire episode! Awsome!

So, when being confused by the Beheeyem, Iris and Cilan still remembered Ash? And all they cared about was capturing him? Not even converting him into a Beheeyem? Whatever, maybe it wasn’t that important.

Meowth was so swag just jumping out of the box and being like “Yeah, I’m cool.”

Ash: “Take us to your leaders.” Wow Ash, really. This boy is just cracking me up today.

Meowth controlled by Beheyeem: “Unfortunately hypnotizing doesn’t work on idiots.” Lolwut? Did they really say that? Oh, wait no it doesn’t work on “gifted people”. That makes sense. But seriously, I never thought Jessie and James to be idiots. Incompetent maybe (sometimes), but not idiots.

Okay so it turns out that the Beyheeyem’s all magical power devise looks like an amulet coin. Okay, what really didn’t understand why it was necessary for Ash to find one if it wasn’t even the one the Beyheeyem needed. Anyway, James had it, trys to escape, fails, Ash returns it, Beyheeyem leave.

Overall, hilarious episode. Probably the funniest lines in the history of this series. 8/10.

Admittedly, an episode where everybody is turned into manipulated zombies sure is a good idea and also felt a little bit creepy.
Nevertheless, I think the plot lacked complexity and was too easy, especially the scene where Ash finished off Team Rocket felt so forced that it almost hurt. And, of course, James had to drop that amulet coin so that it fell directly into Ash's hands...oh well. Speaking of the amulet coin, that small think being able to power a huge flying saucer? Really? Come on writers, you already proved yourselves to be more creative than that in the past.

All in all, the idea behind the episode was good, but the way they put it into practice left a lot to be desired.
However, let's not forget one really great scene that cracked me up: "Idiots are hard to hypnotize", followed by that priceless expression on Ash's and Team Rocket's faces. Really hilarous!

Probably my favourite BW filler. Story was funny and bizarre, Ash was great, Team Rocket were great, and adding Meowth to WTP was awesome (a reference to how the Japanese version did something similar with his entry in Episode N 01?).

The Episode is Good I Think, a Filler, but Still a Good Episode.

The ONLY HOOD Voices were Sara Natochenny, Michele Knotz, Jason Griffith, Kazie Rogers, and Surprisingly Carter Cathcart were all Good.

Meowth for Who's That Pokemon=FTW

Dr. Beeheeyem REALLY CC, U DID A GOOD JOB VOICING TODAY BUY U CANT GWTHR WRITING DONE JUST WOW!

Lipica Shaw U ARE JUST BAD AS Officer Jenny and Eileen Stevens was Not Good.

I give this an 8.5 Very Entertaining.

There's more to discuss about the episode than just the dub voices. I don't want this thread to be derailed with the discussion of how good or bad voice actors were, so for all future dub talkbacks, try to not focus so much on the voices and talk about the actual episode. This is a general warning for everyone, so keep this in mind for future talkbacks.

This episode was off the walls bizarro! It reminded me of something they'd write in OS.

At first, I was really disappointed that we were getting a Elgyem/Beheeyem episode again, but I changed my mind the second the whole everyone has a Beheeyem face thing happened. I really liked how Ash and the TRio just kinda went with the whole thing, too. Usually I like the series to be a little grounded, but I think having an episode like this once in a while is really worth it. There were a lot of weird plothole things (Why could Ash snap Pikachu out of it but not Cilan/Iris? Why was there a huge, convenient box of Pokémon masks just lying around?), but the strangeness of the episode allowed me to just go with it, too.

I liked the "It's hard to hypnotize idiots" thing, although all I could think of was the evil brains from Futurama. So are Ash and the TRio their own grandfathers? :p

On Another Note, this Episode Very Hilarious and this DA Filler I can Watch again on My TV and the Interactions with Ash and Team Rocket were Hilarious.

The Beheeyem were just trying to find the Thing on their Ship that Looks Like an Amulet Coin, and the Charm on Meowth. The Beheeyem Trying to get the Charm off of Meowth was Pretty Hilarious, I Think, and they just wouldn't Stop LOL

Ash Working with Team Rocket was Probably the Best Part of this Episode and the Masks were just TOO GREAT I THOUGHT.

Also I don't know if Meowth actually Escaped because why did the Beheeyem use Psychic as soon as they were in the Control Room because if No that is the Worst Lure My Friends here and Get Myself Captured Plan I have Ever Heard in a While.

Ash, Jessie, James, and Pikachu Reactions to IDIOTS WAS JUS TOO PRICE LESS AND = FTW and the 2 Beheeyem Coward behind the Possessed Meowth and he even was Scared Just LOL to Scene.

Axew at the end with Mask LOL!

Just a Good Episode Overall and I change My Rating to a 9.4 because I Watched it Again and I Laughed more the 2nd Time so HOORAY FOR THIS EPISODE BEING REALLY GOOD AND ENTERTAINING FOR ME LOO.

Last edited:
How does tying up Beheeyam with a rope and asking it to take them to their leader work? Does tying limbs make a Pokemon not able to use any attacks?

And right after that, Meowth says the Beheeyem don't understand what they're says, but how did the first one understand?

"I'm afraid idiots are hard to hypnotize".

Team Rocket didn't make their submarine thunderbolt proof? Don't they always do that? Time saver I guess...

And this was pretty funny.

How does tying up Beheeyam with a rope and asking it to take them to their leader work? Does tying limbs make a Pokemon not able to use any attacks?

I assume it was just being polite. These guys don't want to make any trouble, after all, they just want their ship's power source back.

They need to make their mind up on the opening.

Bit of a silly episode, still decent. Least It's the last one before
Gen 6 stuff!

I like how the coin conveniently landed into Ash's hands...

And where did Axew even get the mask.

The idiot part was the best thing in Pokemon ever.

Last edited:
I didn't like it much, but I did crack up at the jokes like..

Ash: Officer Jenny! You gotta help! Everyone's face looks so weird!
Jenny: Weird? (reveals face) How weird?

Ash: Take me to your leader!

Cilan: Ouch! That hurts! That's my face your tugging at!

8/10

It was an ok episode. There were some things I did like.

* The comical stuff.
** Everyone walking around like zombies and falling on each other when failing to get Ash and Team Rocket.
** Ash's reactions when running around frantically from everyone with the Beheeyem faces.

My favorite moment was when the Beheeyem said that Team Rocket and Ash weren't hypnotized because they were idiots, then took it back. That was amusing.

"It's hard to hypnotize idiots"

Just LOL. XD

Awesome episode for that alone!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom