• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP38: Mystery on a Deserted Island!

A Gut-Busting Filler Episode with Adventure and Treasure! I LOVE IT!

This Episode was Good, Good Plot, Nothing Wrong with it.

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHO KE VOICING Alexa because she Sounds Great. Alexa was Good in this Episode. I Think Helioptile is Starting to be more Brave just a little bit, not by much but is Improving.

Team Rocket was Hilarious in this Episode. I LOL'D, FTW, and ROFL'D when Woobat and Yamaskmwere Exhausted from Battling. The were good in this Episode SOOOOOOOOO MUCH I Think.

Honchrow one of my Favorite Pokemon of Sinnoh great that they showed Him Again.

Kazie Rogers was SOOOOOOOOO MANY Pokemon Today: Axew, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Ninetails. WOW THAT IS A LOT OF ROLES FOR TODAY.

I will give this Episode a 9.5 Not quite a 10 but it is a Good Filler Episode.

Last edited:
Wow, an episode where Ash doesn't do anything stupid and Iris doesn't do anything annoying. In fact, Ash had a few genuinely good ideas, like figuring out how the stone puzzle worked. Why don't we get more eps like this? Although the TRio were in incompetent mode. I'm still not sure TPTB have a handle on some of their longest-running characters. And why do they still fight straight-up battles against Our Gang when they know that Super Special Awesome Charizard could reduce them to charcoal?

Speaking of the Big C, I'm glad they didn't have him get owned by Ninetales. It looked like it might've gone either way for a while.

There was a brief time when I thought this might turn out to be a redux of "Mantine Overboard!" but the pirate ship was a red herring. It did still have a few shades of "A Shipful of Shivers," but it wasn't blatantly obvious when I watched it. I still think there might've been source material from another prior ep, but it's just not coming to me.

Usually, I like episodes with adventures, expeditions, deserted island, treasures etc. but honestly, I wasn't very happy with this one. Neither was the plot very exciting nor was it in any way complex. In fact, it was predictable through and through. I mean, after so many episodes with pirates and treasures the writers simply can't go on with the well-known, old scheme. Of course our heroes had to solve a puzzle which btw was way too easy! Sliding around rocks...as if we hadn't had that before! Then they were kept from getting to the treasure by some random guardian Pokemon and finally they were able to find the treasure of course.. Well, nice little story, but somehow not spectacular. Plus, there were lots of scenes that seemed really illogical to me, like moving away that rock by just filling the trench with water.

It's really a pity! Episodes like that could be much better.

They should've caught an Eevee each.

Also they should've told everyone about the island/the treasure for shits and giggles.

I Found this Filler pretty Entertaining, and I Got some Laughs from Certain Scenes.

Jessica Paquet was REALLY Good as Alexa here once Aagain.

Anyone notice the reference to the old games when Meowth was talking about the treasure? "Gold, Silver, Rubies, Sapphires, Emeralds, Diamonds, and Pearls!"

It was nice to see Ash using different Pokemon to battle each of the Pokemon that were guarding the treasure. Team Rocket sure forgot about Amoonguss and Frillish when they recalled Yamask and Woobat :p .

It was very cute seeing the Pokemon run around with the Eevee.

Well, this adventure had its fair share of mystery alright. Those Honchkrow staring at the group and then flying way, I knew something mysterious was going to happen.

*v* Bonus points for showcasing Mismagius.

That Ninetales was pretty scary. Alexa moves her camera and it appears out of nowhere. SCARY! :eek::eek: Not to mention, it was pretty strong as well.

Jessie and James holding off on their own against the wild Pokémon was pretty cool. I really liked that. Also, the evolution of the three Eevee each into Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon was pretty magnificent.

Overall, a pretty fun episode with some elements of mystery. Great! ;)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom