• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP40: Celebrating the Hero's Comet!

Nymphia

Reaction score
Fucking Serebii for not updating. Because it's really Clebrating the Comet Hero's Commet. Next week is the same though.

Discuss the dub of the episode who aired today in CN US.

Summary (pokemon.com)
Ash and friends turn their attention to the night sky to catch the passing of a rare comet, and at the same time, Team Rocket are turning their attention to nabbing Pikachu! With the comet comes a wave of odd events, including the appearance of some threatening Ghost-type Pokémon. This is no time for our heroes to get caught stargazing!

All future contents from the Japanese version of the show should be in spoiler tags.

re: S16 EP40: "Celebrating The Hero's Comet!"

Now we know Jessie does powerlifting. A lot of powerlifting. Everything else is barely relevant

Nice how it ended on a cliffhanger.

The Episode was Pretty Good I Guess.

Noivern was REALLY Cool I Think and Biting Meowth's Head was Hilarious I Thought.

I Give this an 8.2, could have been Better but still Enjoyed it.

I like how many brushes Alexa has.

I usually like episodes revolving around Ghost-type Pokemon because I expect them to be some kind of mysterious and creepy. Unfortunately, this ep didn't really live up to my expectations. The plot itself was too unspectacular for my taste and too many questions remained unsolved. For example, how come the hero's statue moved without any of the Pokemon causing it to move? But in my eyes the biggest question is the following: Isn't the appearance of a comet supposed to be a unique event? In the episode, however, it was said that it could be observed every ten years. In that case it sure can't be the same comet, so what's the point of celebrating it in the first place?

As I said, too many open question and a rather lackluster plot. The cliffhanger at the end was very good but I doubt it will be explained next week.

But in my eyes the biggest question is the following: Isn't the appearance of a comet supposed to be a unique event? In the episode, however, it was said that it could be observed every ten years. In that case it sure can't be the same comet, so what's the point of celebrating it in the first place?

Uh, no? Comets tend to go 'round on orbits that take them past earth's orbit cyclically, Hayley's comet being one of the best known out here in meatspace.

Anyway... historically, there have been times when one country used its knowledge of astronomy to predict a comet appearance, eclipse or other such thing, then used that knowledge to intimidate another country by making it look like they caused the event to happen. Interesting to see that mirrored here, though apparently the "tricked" party correctly surmised that Conley knew about the comet rather than thinking he summoned it.

Also, I initially misheard "Conley" as comely. Rather amusing that way- boy, Comely's comet sure is comely, huh?

I usually like episodes revolving around Ghost-type Pokemon because I expect them to be some kind of mysterious and creepy. Unfortunately, this ep didn't really live up to my expectations. The plot itself was too unspectacular for my taste and too many questions remained unsolved. For example, how come the hero's statue moved without any of the Pokemon causing it to move? But in my eyes the biggest question is the following: Isn't the appearance of a comet supposed to be a unique event? In the episode, however, it was said that it could be observed every ten years. In that case it sure can't be the same comet, so what's the point of celebrating it in the first place?

As I said, too many open question and a rather lackluster plot. The cliffhanger at the end was very good but I doubt it will be explained next week.

Didn't they say every 100 years?

I, for one, preferred the dubbed version of the cliffhanger scene rather than the Japanese one. Not only because the music they put was more mysterious, but also because after everyone was puzzled, the To Be Continued text remained there after the fade out... glaring at me, like yeah... this ain't finished yet.

This episode was very interesting and mysterious! I hope the unanswered questions are answered in the next episode! :eek:

I bet I know who that ghostly woman is though.

She was Conley's wife. I actually thought of this the moment she first appeared too. I was like "Ooh, she's so pretty and majestic, I wonder if she was Conley's wife?" lol I guess she could've also been his sister or the leader of the people that had populated the island though.

This episode was ok. I like the couple of funny moments, where Noivern was biting Meowth's head and Meowth's mouth being on fire, plus the statue falling right on top of Jessie.

Boomburst looks really cool. I like how the episode ended on a cliffhanger of who that woman was. She was probably either Connelly's wife or girlfriend or something.

The episode was pretty fun to watch. It had some mystery elements in it, especially the most mysterious, Anima (Conely's partner) and sudden erasing of the video shot by Alexa, sudden disappearance of the medal Ash was given, etc..

The Ghost Pokémon's dance at the end was pretty funny to me. :LOL:

So Ash finally gets to see a Noivern. Guess he'll remember it when...
Ash's Noibat evolves into Noivern in the XY series (though I highly doubt that; he will still check his Pokédex regardless. Or perhaps Serena will do the trick.)
(Though I don't really think this spoiler is needed, because the anime watchers like me (though I did stop watching the BW series due to some reasons but regardless here I am watching (not here, obviously!) and reviewing on the remainder of the BW series) most probably know that. But still, just in case, perhaps for a newbie to the franchise who decides to watch all the episodes there currently are or for someone who has not yet begun watching the BW or XY series.)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom