• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP41: Go, Go Gogoat!

I Was Bored to Death when I saw the Japanese Version with Subtitles Last Week so I was Worried I would NOT Like it but, I was NOT as Bored to Death as I was but still Not a Good Episode, it's Just ANOTHER DA Filler that's All.

Alexa was Good, her and Gogoat were the Best Parts really, I have to Admit that.

The Story and Plot i found Boring as Hell Sadly just NOT Good.

Jessica Paquet as Alexa, Unsho as Gogoat, and Eli James as Tony's Father were the Best Voices, I Think they were the Best Voices.

The One thing that MADE ME REALLY MAD AND PISSED OFF WAS WTP, and it was Gengar, THIS IS A FAIL, Gengar WAS NOT EVEN IN THIS EPISODE. FAIL TPCI JUST AN EPIC FAIL ON YOU'RE PART TPCI. Sorry for the Outburst but I was Mad about this Scene, Rant Done.

Overall, a Boring DA Filler I will Give it a 6.2, Could have been Much Better but, what can I say, it's a Filler Episode.

So, TPCi avoids to all costs repeating a WTP from a previous BW episode, something that is really hard as they started featuring the eyecatch 60 episodes prior to its Japanese return (explaining why the WTP for BW133 was Meowth and not Beheeyem). They also avoid going 4Kids by featuring a Pokémon that isn't in the episode.

Due to this, they had three choices: using Pikachu, using one of the Kalos Pokémon, or using Growlithe who only had a cameo. So they choiced to not use any of these choices, but break one of their two taboos. The taboo they choose was the one that made less sense...

I actually really liked this episode. But what I want to know is how does Tony's Dad get to work and back everyday. The journey seemed just too dangerous unless he flies there (maybe on a Braviary?). And how did Tony's Mom and Officer Jenny get there so fast? I assume they only started to the observatory once Tony was reunited with his dad, which was already at sunset, and they had been in the city the whole time. Also, why was the journey to the observatory a "secret" and they couldn't tell Iris? Was this just a weird edit in the translation?

I'd assume there's a road, but Gogoat would have just known the direction and tried to go directly there because it can climb over stuff instead of going the long way around via a road. I imagine a row of Foongus are less of an issue when you're inside a car.

Odd that Ash was wondering in the early part of the episode what Gogoat's moves were but when he asked Alexa it was about how they met.

Would have liked to hear Ash talk a bit more about going home and waiting for his father...

A nice episode indeed!
Although there have recently been some plots that seemed forced, cheap or not really logical, this episode had a story that could easily have happened in real life as well: A boy who wants to see his father at all costs, his worried parents, our heroes looking for him and having a little adventure while doing that and last but not least, a very helpful and reliable Pokemon. To sum up, a nice little heart-warming story!
Also, I always like episodes focusing on Pokemon and people making some kind of connection because it reminds me of Cynthia's great words: "When every life meets another life, something will be born"

This must be the first episode where the who's that Pokemon isn't in the episode. (BW version). Was a fairly bleh episode, Gogogoat must run away all the time.

Wonder where Alexa actually caught that Gogoat, I don't think there'd be a Ducklett in Kalos and there wouldn't be a random wild Gogooat in Unova.

Didn't get the secret thing at the end.

Not a bad episode at all, I homestly htought it was heart warming and touching to see Tony care for his dad so much,I did think however that it would have made more of an impact if Alexa and Gogoat had become friends when Gogoat was a skiddo, and was it just me or did Iris seem jealous over Ash and Alexas trip when as Ash said it was no big deal, or am I reading to much into things. Anyways good episode could have been better a solid 8/10 in my opinion.

My favorite thing about this episode is that team rocket doesn't appear at all (thank God) because there really isn't any reason for them to appear in every episode and I think the writers are pushing things a little by having them appear in the majority of the series. Anyways, I find the fact that Gogoat can tell what's in a persons heart just by having them touch its horns interesting. The question is do all Gogoat have that ability or is it just Alexas Gogoat? Also when did Alexa figure out it has that ability?

Anyways, I find the fact that Gogoat can tell what's in a persons heart just by having them touch its horns interesting. The question is do all Gogoat have that ability or is it just Alexas Gogoat?
All Gogoat, according to the X version Pokédex.

Also when did Alexa figure out it has that ability?
When she first touched Gogoat's horns and it knew that she wanted to get back to where she was camped on the hill - and it did so by hopping back up there with her on its back - as shown in the flashback.

This episode was ok. I like how Gogoat's special ability from the games' Pokedex was shown off in this episode, and a couple of its attacks. It was nice to see Alexa's past with Gogoat and to find out that it was the one that was her first Pokemon.

All Gogoat, according to the X version Pokédex.

Also when did Alexa figure out it has that ability?
When she first touched Gogoat's horns and it knew that she wanted to get back to where she was camped on the hill - and it did so by hopping back up there with her on its back - as shown in the flashback.
Well I have Pokemon Y so I wouldn't know a thing about the X version pokedex entries and as for the flashback it does not imply that Alexa immediately realized what Gogoats ability was. On an unrelated note I have a chespin that I would like to trade for a froakie if anyone is interested.

Isn't Braviary another of the constellations in the games? I really like how they include little nods to game canon like that without making it overbearing.

Okay, so it is an episode of focus for Alexa's Gogoat.

I did not quite get why did Gogoat shun from Ash but was ready to open up to Tony. :confused: Also, it appears that Cilan is the most attentive of the three (no harsh feelings, Ash and Iris, I love you two as well (along with all the other Pokémon characters out there; I love you all as well!)). :LOL::LOL:

Umm, Ash! I quite do not understand how can you conclude that Gogoat is a Grass-type Pokémon just because it used Vine Whip (though it technically is!). My Galvantula knows Sucker Punch and Gastro Acid along with Discharge and Bug Buzz but that does not make her a Dark-type or Poison-type Pokémon as well. :confused:

Tony finally meets his father and gives him a present: a drawing of the his father's favorite Braviary constellation. So sweet! :)

Also, what is it that Ash and Tony hid from Iris? Iris, I am with you; I want to know too. :D:D

All in all, a pretty fun and enjoyable episode. I thoroughly loved it. :love:

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom