• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP43: Survival of the Striaton Gym!

The only thing I can say about this episode was that I loved that Ice lady. She just sounded so perfect and boss. I am a little concerned about her wanting the gym to amuse herself, though...

Otherwise, it wasn't that bad of an episode, which is nice to come across once in a while. No Team Rocket for no reason, no douchebag Iris that I can remember; I'll give it a 6/10, since I wouldn't call it perfect.

This episode was pretty good. I like how Cilan was mentioning to Iris and Ash about what they taught him along the way, and the flashbacks showing what he was talking about. I like how he reflected on what he had learned throughout his journey, and used that during the battle against Morana.

Morana's reaction to Cilan's tasting time was priceless. Cilan really showed during the battle how he's a few notches stronger than his brothers. Alexa sure forgets a lot of things in the beginning of the episode. The battle flashbacks really showed how strong Morana was, and Cilan took advantage of that.

I likes how Abomasnow accepted Pansage's offering at the end of the battle instead of rejecting it like before. It was funny watching Ash and Iris cook this time instead of Cilan cooking for them.

Of course, since this was a Cilan-centered episode, I loved it. ^^ Because I love Cilan and this episode shows why! He's so cool and entertaining. :3

I loved how he told about how he learned from Ash and Iris too, and how the elemental monkeys caught up with each other. Those little guys are so adorable, lol. I'm glad Cilan beat Morana too, he totally deserved it! Especially since he'd been on a bit of a losing streak lately (the sumo contest, the battle against Skyla, those girly girls Iris had a beef with, etc.). We love you, Cilan! :D

All I Will say is that this was an Ok Episode Good but I May NOT Watch it again but it is Decent.

I Give it a 6.4/10 This is all I Will say.

Meh episode. Cilan's Pansage beating a Pokemon that quad resists it is bs. From one SE attack? Abom hit like 5.

Well I think this episode does show what kind of bond Cilan and pansage have. And as for Morana I think she is nothing more then a cold-hearted bitch and her use of ice type pokemon is fitting for her.

It was nice to see Chili and Cress after a long time. Plus there was Cilan's evaluation time in the episode as well.

I just noticed in this episode that Cilan has a different eye design than his brother. Wonder if there is a particular reason.

Anyways, once again, poor Chili does not get a win on-screen (though he did get one in A Call for Brotherly Love!). Cilan's battle with Morana was awesome. Also, I just love when all the three brothers as well as the Elemental Monkeys are together. Morana was pretty cold a character, and her team of Ice-type Pokémon just suits her.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom