• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP45: The Dream Continues!

Wobbuffet

All right Today was the BW Finale for the English DUB, and I must Admit, this was VERY Good, and I said the same thing when this Came out in Japanese back in September.

Wobbuffet:lx202:

Ash was REALLY Good here I Thought, thinking about his Dream to become a Pokemon Master was VERY Touching I Thought, and he kept on saying he could have done Better at the Unova League which I did Like. Ash with all his Pokemon from Unova was really Cool I thought and seeing them ALL TOGETHER was really Cool I thought. Ash is now going to Kalos with Alexa now and this should be very Good. Him Interacting with the other Characters was Good and felt Disappointed that Tracey was NOT Around.

Wobbuffet :lx202:

Alexa Very Cheerful as always and told Ash to see his Mother before going to the Lab was Good. Her Telling the Professor NOT to Mess Around with Helioptile and Noivern WAS FUNNY, Throws the Berry at Noivern so it could STOP Biting Ash on the Head. Alexa Traveling with Ash to Kalos was REALLY Cool, and this Makes the First Time that a Temporary Companion goes into another Saga which is Cool I thought.

Delia was Good, I Don't WHY People were saying Ash was a Jerk to his Mom when he ALWAYS DOES THIS, But her Making the XY Clothes was Cool to see and Ash looked Cool with the New Hat on with his BW Clothes.

Wobbuffet

Professor Oak was Funny and Good EXCEPT Carter Voicing Him which was GOD AWFUL AND WORSE THAN EVER But aside from that, Him getting Attacked as Usual was Funny getting Shocked by Helioptile and getting hit by Boomburst by Noivern PRICELESS

Giovanni is now a businessman, can't wait to make Jokes about this here, his Pissed Off Face WOULD MAKE PEOPLES FACES MELT OR BOW TO HIM.:unworthy::unworthy::unworthy::unworthy::unworthy::unworthy:

Team Rocket was Ok, they Felt Rushed putting them in towards the End, but were Ok. Still NOT as Good as they were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY Years Ago but I still Respect them a little Bit. Also did Anyone Noticed they Ripped Off Star Treks Line, VERY WEIRD THEY STOLE THAT Line.

Wobbuffet, oh Who am I Kidding, Wobbuffet WAS THE BEST PART OF THIS EPISODE. I MISSED THIS Blue Blob FOR 2 AND HALF YEARS IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD TO HAVE HIM Back. The Wobster is My Favorite Anime Cgharacter in this Show and STILL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I was Disappointed but I kind of Figured would Happen, it would have been Good if they Showed the Picture of Ash and all his Pokemon at Professor Oak's Lab, I Guess TPCI or CartoonNetwork did NOT Feel Like Putting it In.

With the Finale of BW, and REALLY Surprised Me, I Give it a Good Ole 10/10 and Wobbuffet REALLY Made My Day, I MISS THIS Blue Blob SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It finally comes to an end I'm glad that BW is finally over didn't really care much for this season.

I missed the first couple minutes, but if they were anything like the rest of the ep, then I didn't miss anything exciting.

Just outta curiosity, why exactly did TPTB have the TRio attack the Oak Corral, just to get their asses kicked in less than two minutes? Even for the TRio, that was stupid, given that Ash had a dozen Pokémon to counterattack en masse. And what were those things sticking out of the balloon? They were about as pointless as Meowth's Rubik's Cube from last ep.

Normally mentors are supposed to rub off on their hot-blooded protégés, but this time it was the other way around. Why else would an otherwise competent professor start sticking body parts in unfamiliar creatures? If this weren't a kids' show, that'd most likely get him killed.

And what were those things sticking out of the balloon? They were about as pointless as Meowth's Rubik's Cube from last ep.
But that's what Team Rocket is about anyway. Remember this?
Isa4ZZv.png

It finally comes to an end I'm glad that BW is finally over didn't really care much for this season.

None of that here, please. Review threads are for commenting upon the contents of the episode itself. If you're going to comment on this episode, then please find something more substantial to say than just "glad BW is over! I hated it!" This is your final warning.

Finally, the Unova journey is finally over.

Okay, so Ash wants to visit his Pokémon and Professor Oak before going to see his own mother? I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous, he's been with his Pokémon for the entire journey and he can't take a few minutes to go back home first; see his own mom who's been anxiously awaiting his return?

And so when Ash gets to the lab, all he does is call the Unova team? Why? He just journeyed with them for the past...who knows how long in this world. What about all of those other Pokémon he hasn't seen in much longer? All we really saw was Bulbasaur and a Tauros stampede.

Then Team Rocket. Seriously? First, they say they're there just for Pikachu. Really? I know they intended to catch 'em all, but they only mentioned Pikachu, rather than the entire yard of Pokémon. Then they bust out a s*it load of weapons out of their balloon and get blasted off in 2 seconds. Just lame. I'm also really disappointed that they didn't take their Unova mons with them, not to mention the fact that Wobbufett returned, and Wobbufett has always annoyed me.

Though Wobbufett seems to be doing better in XY so I'm not that disappointed...yet.

Anyway, Ash decides to go to Kalos the next day. And he's definitely sure that he's going to win the league. Cuz it really happened all those other times.

Overall, a pretty lackluster final episode imo. We didn't see any of Ash's non-Unova Pokémon do anything except Bulbsaur, and even he didn't do much. Tracey just so happened to be at Misty's house and Gary wasn't even mentioned. Would have really liked to see them. I just really would have liked to see more older characters before Ash headed off again. .5/10.

484.jpg

What is your opinion about this scene?

This scene is from this episode.

This episode wasn't much of anything. Ash went home. He had to be forced to go see his own Mother, sat there for a minute and left. Oak wasted some time touching new Pokemon. Ash made such a big deal about wanting to see all his old Pokemon, so much so that he couldn't be bothered to spend some time with his mom, yet never even sees them sans Bulbasaur and Tauros. So...what the hell? Guess now I know why she wasn't even brought up last episode. Hell, that's why Misty, Gary, and Tracy weren't mentioned either; they're conveniently away.

Team Rocket couldn't have been any more forced. All they did was whip out a bunch of weapons from who knows where and get blasted off not even a second later. The only good that came from them at all was Wobbufett returning to the group.

I feel bad for Ash's mom; she spent all day cooking and making new clothes for her son, just knowing that she was missing the only day he'd stay there. That's pretty sad. And, maybe I missed it (my mom came in and was talking to me), but did Delia mention Ash's underwear at all?

At least he is FINALLY going moving on to Kalos. That is the best thing that happened in this episode. Like I said, nothing much else happened. I'm going to give this episode a 1/10 for Ash's douchebaggery towards his mom and Team Rocket's uselessness.

Yeah, if this episode shows us anything, it's that all Ash wants to do whenever he's with his mother is to get away from her as soon as possible.

Short version:

Hated it!

Long version:

This is my least favorite Pallet episode and one of my least favorite episodes of the whole series.

I tend to favor character-oriented episodes, and Pallet episodes usually deliver on that. Most of them have a warm, joyful feel, but this one just felt desolate. There was little if any meaningful character interaction.

It was already off to a bad start when Ash didn't want to see his mom right away. When he does meet her, he says barely a word to her. What the hell. And he can't wait to get away from her again at the first opportunity. His mom actually made his new clothes for him herself, that's awesome. It'd be nice if he'd, you know, show some appreciation for her. She looked so utterly depressed when she brought Ash his clothes.

They really outdid themselves with how they capped off the butchery of Ash's character in this episode. They spent a whole saga turning a character I've always liked a lot into an unfunny joke, might as well go all-out for the finale. Making him a dimwit who forgot everything he'd learned from his adventures was bad enough, this one takes it further and actually makes him a dick. I hate it, yet it's so fitting for how they wrote this saga. Expertly terrible.

Seriously, what kind of jackass treats his own mom like that?

All those old Pokemon Ash was so excited to see...we get a grand total of Bulbasaur and Tauros. And Charizard, but he was shoehorned in with the Unova mons. Ash's attitude here seems to be "Humans suck, only Pokemon count, but only new Pokemon."

Tracey and Misty get mentioned, but neither of them show up. Were their voice actors not available, or was this just trolling? I'm leaning towards trolling. So convenient that Tracey went to visit Misty rather than vice versa. The scene with Ash imagining his friends was one of the very few good things about this episode, but I would have much preferred for at least one of them to actually be in the episode. As it is it feels almost like an excuse.

That might have been the most pointless TR attack ever.

The photo of Ash with his Pokemon was the other good thing about the episode, too bad they couldn't be arsed to give them actual screentime.

This episode almost seems like stealth black humor, possibly inspired by the Shudo novels. The Pokeworld you thought you knew and loved is actually miserable! Seriously, I'm wondering now if a lot of the writing in BW was deliberately bad. I cannot see this saga as canon. It's trollfic as far as I'm concerned.

In my headcanon, Alexa spent a month or two touring Kanto, giving Ash time to catch up with his mom, Prof. Oak, his Kanto friends, and his old Pokemon. When Alexa left for Kalos, Ash took the same flight.

I want to give this 0/10, but given how perfectly executed its badness is that doesn't seem quite right. I award this episode NEGATIVE TEN OUT OF TEN.

They really outdid themselves with how they capped off the butchery of Ash's character in this episode. They spent a whole saga turning a character I've always liked a lot into an unfunny joke, might as well go all-out for the finale. Making him a dimwit who forgot everything he'd learned from his adventures was bad enough, this one takes it further and actually makes him a dick. I hate it, yet it's so fitting for how they wrote this saga. Expertly terrible.

This episode almost seems like stealth black humor, possibly inspired by the Shudo novels. The Pokeworld you thought you knew and loved is actually miserable! Seriously, I'm wondering now if a lot of the writing in BW was deliberately bad. I cannot see this saga as canon. It's trollfic as far as I'm concerned.
Hey, whatever problems you have with the BW saga don't need to be brought up in the thread. This thread is to talk about the episode, not about your feelings and complaints about the saga in general.

Everyone, make sure to focus on the episode and not Best Wishes as a whole. Any more and infractions will be given out.

Speaking about headcanon, in my headcanon, the dinner they're having during the night (when Ash announced he would go to Kalos the next day) is at least one week after the day Ash returned to Pallet Town. The dinner Delia talked about to Ash when he returned home happened offscreen. This is unbearable. I wonder why did they decided to make Ash seem so hateable in this episode, while, even for this series (where he's been arguably slightly out-of-character), one wouldn't expect him to treat his mom like that.

Last edited:
So, quick question, and forgive me if this is the wrong thread to ask this in, but is the XY season not debuting next week? Initially i just assumed it would start right away after the last BW episode finished, but now i'm starting to see signs that next week might just be a rerun.

So, quick question, and forgive me if this is the wrong thread to ask this in, but is the XY season not debuting next week? Initially i just assumed it would start right away after the last BW episode finished, but now i'm starting to see signs that next week might just be a rerun.
No, it won't debut next week. At December 14, a re-run of Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village will be airing (first time in a decade since we last saw an original series episode on Cartoon Network, I think). Perhaps this mean they will air the three Kanto Starter-themed episodes the next three weeks? That would mean they'll promote Kanto and the next series will start along 2014, which would be a nice move in my opinion.

Sorry to talk about next episode on this thread as well, but as far as I know, there are no "dub preview" threads on these forums.

What is your opinion about this scene?
I badly want that as a poster, even tempted to just get it printed from the screenshot.

No, it won't debut next week. At December 14, a re-run of Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village will be airing (first time in a decade since we last saw an original series episode on Cartoon Network, I think). Perhaps this mean they will air the three Kanto Starter-themed episodes the next three weeks? That would mean they'll promote Kanto and the next series will start along 2014, which would be a nice move in my opinion.

Sorry to talk about next episode on this thread as well, but as far as I know, there are no "dub preview" threads on these forums.
I wonder if we're going to get those remastered, or if that was just a one off for the first episode.

I suppose the dubbing gap is just too short with how many breaks were taken in the last few months of BW in Japan, they're probably waiting to build that up again to the two-three months it normally is, which is still pretty fast.

I badly want that as a poster, even tempted to just get it printed from the screenshot.

I wonder if we're going to get those remastered, or if that was just a one off for the first episode.

I suppose the dubbing gap is just too short with how many breaks were taken in the last few months of BW in Japan, they're probably waiting to build that up again to the two-three months it normally is, which is still pretty fast.

I doubt it. The that they got the first to episodes done so quickly would most likely mean they would have had to have episode 3 on for awhile now.

Anyways, this episode was okay. Seeing Bulbasaur again was the highlight for me along with Misty getting referenced.

I wish his other pokemon would of appeared but it wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom