• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP45: The Dream Continues!

ASH CALLED HIM MR. MIME INSTEAD OF MIMEY RUINED FOREVER

This episode was kind of... meh. I had high hopes when I saw Bulbasaur, and the 30 Tauros, but then none of the other old Pokémon showed up? And apparently there was a photograph cut from the dub? Why would they cut that? Ugh. At least there was a bit of continuity, like the Teddiursa carving on his dresser.

Also, the animation, while nice for some scenes, was pretty lazy during others. I especially liked seeing off-model Bulbasaur keep glancing at Alexa's camera and 1997 stock pose Misty fade away into the sky. Oh, and Oak getting poofy hair twice (from Boomburst??) Real classy.

Team Rocket were okay, I guess. They did show up at Oak's for no real reason, but hey! They actually got some goofy expressions later on! And Wobbuffet is back, so that's nice.

I would have liked to see Giovanni's face when he opened Team Rocket's Pokéballs and saw that they gave him a Woobat. :p

Tracey not being there was lousy, as was only seeing Bulbasaur and Tauros out of all of Ash's old Pokemon. Still, I guess it was better than not getting an episode like this at all for Sinnoh. Ash giving one last thanks to his Unova team was nice, since they are staying behind as usual. We actually see Wobbuffet come back, and the Unova team given to Giovanni, so their transition into Kalos with only him and Meowth is better than ditching their team offscreen with a weak justification.

Ash's Mum's voice is horrible D:

That was actually a really good episode. Shame XY001 isn't following it... darn Kanto rerun.

Dissapointed we didn't get to see more of his Pokemon.

And why was there a random Pidove in Kanto D:

Last edited:
And apparently there was a photograph cut from the dub? Why would they cut that?

From what I hear, the photograph was after the credits in Japan. With the way the do shows on Cartoon Network (starting the next show while the first show's credits roll on the side), there wouldn't really be a place to have that scene without moving it to sometime earlier in the episode, which probably would have made no sense.

Couldn't one of those island fillers be cut to make this a two-parter? I just feel like so much more could have been done, seeing Misty and Tracey, seeing more of Ash's old Pokemon, maybe visiting a certain ping pong hall in Vermillion City while he was there, and so on.

So after all the ups and downs, BW pulls itself together for a nice finish but I am extremely disappointed that TPCi cut the photograph of Ash and all his Pokemon (minus Squirtle & Primeape) from the dub, that felt like an important scene to me. As some have pointed out, there was literally no excuse for them to leave it out, they already replaced half the music so they might as well have added in this scene with one of their MIDI tracks after "Next Time A New Beginning" and put it in before the credits if they wanted to. I guess they could add it in to the DVD version but since when has TPCi been bothered to produce any Bonus Features, which I'm always happy to see in a DVD.

They already had to pull Brock's departure in DP forward so what happened did they just not bother to fast forward to the end credits during the dubbing process, or did they not get that scene at all when the episode was commissioned for dubbing. Anyway's I appreciate the cameos of Ash's past friends and the fact that the writers have managed to use continuity this time with the transition from Unova to Kalos which is another plus point following DP's rushed ending and BW's clean slate approach. Now that the dub has finished, I'll be able to do a proper written review which I'll probably post on the blogs but for now X & Y is looking really promising and I'm looking forward to see how this saga turns out.

I was so disappointed they didn't keep the last music piece, as the plane is heading to Kalos. One of the most beautiful pieces I have ever heard, and it was replaced. I'm not usually so upset about music replacement, but this was one of the pieces I think should have been kept in.

Urggh im not one to usually complain about the voice actors (this may be the first time) but i couldnt stand what they did to Ash's mums voice. It was so jarring =\. I was disapointed not to see the rest of Ash's pokemon as well. Would of been nice fan service to see them. But still.. WOBBUFUTT.

No, producers. Don't show Ash interacting with ALL his Pokémon or the Isshu Team interacting with the rest. I mean, who in the world would possibly want to see that when they can watch Oak messing around with Alexa's Pokémon and Rotom?

Though did Ash really have to be such a dick to his mom?! :disgust:

You really DID just want to get BW over with, didn't you? -_-

Though we DO appreciate the shout out to Ash's fallen companions

484.jpg

What is your opinion about this scene?

This scene is from this episode.
It was cut out in the dub.

...well, damn :-|

*Mr. Turner Voice* TPCI... :mad:

Last edited:
The final episode of the Best Wishes series. I loved it! :love::love:

Ash reaches Pallet Town with Alexa and is forced by the latter to see her mother. No no, Ash, that's not the way I would treat my mother. But I think it follows because technically Ash has spent ten long years with his mother but less than one full year with his Pokémon. Also, it was his mother to suggest him to see his Pokémon, so I don't mind this at all.

Ash gets to meet Bulbasaur and Tauros and his Unova Pokémon, though I wished to see more Pokémon from the previous series as well. The group attack, the Unova Pokémon launched on Team Rocket, was awesome.

Jessie and James are forced to give away their Pokémon to Giovanni to please him.*sighs* But, hey, Jessie has at least Wobbuffet on hand. YAY! :love::LOL::love:;):)

Ash and Alexa head off to the Kalos region.

So yeah that's pretty much the final episode of Best Wishes series: the series which, for me, has so much nostalgia attached with it and introduced a new form of Pokémon anime viewing to me. I have been watching the series since four years from now (this happened because I stopped watching the series after A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team! two years from now due to some reasons and picked it up again recently, about two to three months from now). In a nutshell, the Best Wishes series is easily one of my favorite series, and I love the series as well as the characters introduced in the series with my heart and soul.

Back
Top Bottom