• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP05: A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle!

Well season 1 of Black and White kept most of the original music, even after the first 5 episodes which just kept everything without any dub added cues.

After that, what the Muk happened?

I guess we'll never know... I wish we could at least get an official answer about it (although even if we were to get one they'd probably say some bs thing to avoid properly explaining the real reasons)
I do think some of the new dub bgm introduced in XY is actually kind of nice... but obviously not even close to the original bgm (it really hurts me the most when we lose game music - part of the point of the anime is the bring the games to life, and it is so exciting to hear the game music in the show - why is it acceptable to have this music in the English version of the games yet so rare that they allow us to hear it in the English version of the show? ugh)

If you guys want to discuss the dub BMG in general, then you can create a new thread specifically for that. A lot of the recent posts on the matter haven't really been about the episode in question, and as such don't belong in this review thread.

Even more interesting that Serena didn't use her Pokédex to scan Noivern, since she's probably never seen one before.

Serena has lived in Kalos for probably almost of her life, so she's probably seen one and learned about it. It's true that Ash did scan Kanto Pokemon in his journey, but he's more interested in Pokemon than Serena and enough to scan to them.

Wow. Just wow. TCPi replaced 95% of the music used during the gym battle for the some weird, not-Pokemon-sounding noise.

I mean really? No gym battle music during the the gym battle?

Vivillon being pronounced like it's Japanese name, and sounding like its Japanese anime counterpart, is pretty cool. The music is a real let-down though.

Wait, did they dub Vivillion's voice?

Indeed, they did. It's very good, but I feel the Japanese version is better.

Wow. Just wow. TCPi replaced 95% of the music used during the gym battle for the some weird, not-Pokemon-sounding noise.

I mean really? No gym battle music during the the gym battle?

Vivillon being pronounced like it's Japanese name, and sounding like its Japanese anime counterpart, is pretty cool. The music is a real let-down though.

Wait, did they dub Vivillion's voice?

Indeed, they did. It's very good, but I feel the Japanese version is better.

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed since they have the same name in both languages. I did like the English voice it had.

I thought the dub was okay, though I wish they'd stop saying "Totally". At least they cut down on "___, use ___ let's go", which is good.

Last edited:
As well as Paul's in Sinnoh. Is "Attack!" not good enough anymore?

Also, I liked Vivillon's voice better dubbed, and the dub BGM that played when it was sent out was great, too.

This is the second time CN's forgotten to put the Who's that Pokemon segments around an actual commercial break. Awkward...

And I still think the VS screens are silly-looking.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom