• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review S17 EP07: Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race!

Reaction score
I am not going to do a long post here as alot of people have done that, just gonna do a few highlights, the dub is not screwing up the chemistry of the cast and the dialogue, thats huge! Second, Ash and Serena give me hope that that something will blossom between the two of them, somethij serious. And third, we got to see a clunky bulky, destructive pokemon out of its normal niche, which gives me hope for future eps.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this saga so far. The quieter dub music makes it seem less, I don't know ... overexcited. Have to say, the shippy flashback didn't really hold my attention. Nice surprise that not only does Ash not explicitly win yet another sport he has never competed in (That one tendency of his winds me up the most), but the race isn't ended in the episode. Looking forward to seeing the next episode soon

Reaction score
Just watched it dubbed, this one is in my top 10 Pokemon episodes but I thought the loss of the original music diminished the emotional impact considerably.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I would just like to say that I think this episode would have worked just fine without team rocket. And I'm not just saying that just because I don't like them. What I'm saying is that the episode could have focused completely on Ash competing in the race and it would have been just as good. It would've been like that episode where he races on a ponyta for that one girl.

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
Serena and Bonnie are just ridiculously cute. Serena with her obvious crush and being so supportive even when Ash doesn't pick up on it, and Bonnie with her energy and enthusiasm. I love that Bonnie isn't just "dead weight" and "the one who must be protected", but instead she does whatever she can to help, like untying Ash when they found him. And she isn't one of those kids who whines at every little cut and scrape, she doesn't even CARE when she gets banged up. I love that.