• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP07: Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race!

I am not going to do a long post here as alot of people have done that, just gonna do a few highlights, the dub is not screwing up the chemistry of the cast and the dialogue, thats huge! Second, Ash and Serena give me hope that that something will blossom between the two of them, somethij serious. And third, we got to see a clunky bulky, destructive pokemon out of its normal niche, which gives me hope for future eps.

I'm really enjoying this saga so far. The quieter dub music makes it seem less, I don't know ... overexcited. Have to say, the shippy flashback didn't really hold my attention. Nice surprise that not only does Ash not explicitly win yet another sport he has never competed in (That one tendency of his winds me up the most), but the race isn't ended in the episode. Looking forward to seeing the next episode soon

Just watched it dubbed, this one is in my top 10 Pokemon episodes but I thought the loss of the original music diminished the emotional impact considerably.

I would just like to say that I think this episode would have worked just fine without team rocket. And I'm not just saying that just because I don't like them. What I'm saying is that the episode could have focused completely on Ash competing in the race and it would have been just as good. It would've been like that episode where he races on a ponyta for that one girl.

Serena and Bonnie are just ridiculously cute. Serena with her obvious crush and being so supportive even when Ash doesn't pick up on it, and Bonnie with her energy and enthusiasm. I love that Bonnie isn't just "dead weight" and "the one who must be protected", but instead she does whatever she can to help, like untying Ash when they found him. And she isn't one of those kids who whines at every little cut and scrape, she doesn't even CARE when she gets banged up. I love that.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom