• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP27: To Find a Fairy Flower!

Not that I'm complaining but how come we're getting the episodes so much earlier than the US?

What time do these normally air in the UK? Morning like in the US?
11:35 am in the UK. I don't think CITV is going to keep this up. At this rate they're getting ahead of Japan.

Anyway, a nice episode with some good focus for Bonnie. It definitely had some mature aspects that are usually not always present in the series.

I had no doubts that I'd love another Bonnie episode. And I did.

Ok first of all, Bonnie has Tyrantrum pajamas, a Sentret comb, and a Poliwag Mirror? Could this girl get any cuter? I mean seriously. Also I’m continuing to love the sisterly bonding moments between Serena and Bonnie when she brushed her hair. And I liked the teamwork between Clemont and Serena providing Flabebe with nectar. Also nice to reference Serena’s PokePuffs from the last episode. Wow Clemont would have caught Flabebe just like that; just because it seems to like Bonnie. Hm, I guess he doesn't mind using more of his Pokémon slots for Bonnie. Not that I had much of an issue with that. Of course I didn't feel like Bonnie needed another Pokémon to watch over, but I liked seeing how willing Clemont was to do it for her after he hesitated with Dedenne. Also, why is Clemont wondering why the Flabebe went to Bonnie’s hair when the dex just mentioned that Flabebe hold onto flowers and she was wearing a flower shaped hairpin.

Ooo Lawdy, I thought that woman was about to die choking like that. Thank goodness she didn't or that would have been two Bonnie episodes where an old lady was dead. Okay, Clemont needs to stop with this scientific reasoning s*it. Or at least do it in a way where you don’t upset your sister. Okay so first Amaura gets weak if gets too hot, now Flabebe gets weak if it doesn’t have a flower. Why are all these Kalos mons so death-prone.

And how the hell did TR get change their clothes and get out there so fast. I guess they're still doing things rocket fast. And what the hell was with those ridiculous German/Dutch-like accents and “doncha know” and “ja” stuff. Damn these fools are annoying. Okay I take that back that doncha know part…because I lolled when Clemont said “doncha know” and Bonnie said that he was starting to have to talk like them.

Ok, Bonnie is climbing cliffs now. She is so awesome. I love how fearless she is and how she was just like, "Okay Serena hold my bag while I climb this cliff with no help whatsoever to get a flower". I also like when she dissed Clemont saying she’s way better at climbing than him. But I really found it weird that Clemont wasn't more concerned about her climbing a real, giant cliff when he wouldn't let her climb Grant's rock wall. You’d think he would have thought to use his Aipom Arm to help at least. Well, good thing he didn’t otherwise Bonnie wouldn’t have looked as cool. Wow, Flabebe was really bonding with that flower all right.

Ok so Team Rocket only needs to spam attack after attack after attack to win? We why haven't they been doing that before?! Geez, the starters are all out to battle today and they all fail. Lol at TR and their Pokémon getting drunk or high or whatever from Flabebe's pollen. And Meowth even tries to resist but Jessie and James make him high too. Wow, these guys were actually funny…for once.

I loved the ending scene where Bonnie gave Flabebe back to the old couple. Bonnie's much more mature than she normally seems and I like that. No crying or anything, just a nice goodbye. And extra points for Dedenne cheering Bonnie up at the end. Great way to end a great episode. I'm also glad and surprised that Bonnie kept that flower hair pin in for the whole episode. I'll say, 9.7/10 TR's accents and stupidity being the only flaws.

Watched this one today. Boy, this season is more mature than ever. The old woman in the beginning has what I can only assume to be a heart attack.

Y’all Flabebe…SHE’S! SO! CUTE! Her voice is awesome! It sounds like a computer or something.

Figures Serena starts actually doing something when it involves style. I didn’t expect Bonnie to be one concerned with her hair, though. She's shown to be rather tomboyish than being into girly things. But…Sentret brush!

One thing I really don’t like is that this group can be extremely oblivious to the obvious at times. Clemont wonders why Flabebe attached itself to Bonnie’s hair when any 5-year-old could tell it was clearly because Bonnie has a flower in her hair. This right after he heard her Pokedex entry and even Bonnie failed to make the correct connection. It’s just so painful.

Well, at least Clemont would have caught Flabebe if they could have. At which point I’d like to say that Bonnie could have just had more Pokémon than Serena. Way to go, Serena. I would have liked for Bonnie to have been able to keep her, it seemed like such a fitting Pokémon for her.

Old man Gray is kinda creepy. Clemont don’t look too happy about this random old dude hugging on his sister. Seriously, his expression is so, “WTF dude?!” Even when they introduce themselves, Ash is the only one who doesn’t look uneasy.

See how painful this is? The group still doesn’t realize that while Flabebe doesn’t necessarily not like Bonnie, she’s clearly primarily interested in the flower!

Thank goodness Florence is still alive. I was afraid Bonnie would be pulled into another sad story of an old lady dying. Still, Bonnie’s development does keep coming from sad stories. She’s a tough one. Side note: I love how Flabebe flapped her ears around while she was flying. But that was a pretty unfortunate way for Flabebe to lose her flower and get lost. I mean, she the tiniest Pokémon ever; there was nothing she or Gray could have done.

“I know I’ve seen this flower somewhere… *gasp*…ON BONNIE’S HEAD! – Serena. Wow…she’s…right…frickin’…in front…of…you… And scientific reasoning, are you f*cking kidding me?! How about common sense?! If Clemont needed scientific reasoning to realize why Flabebe landed on Bonnie’s head, then he’s not as smart as he’s made out to be. This doesn’t exclude Serena and Ash, since it clearly took this long to notice, too. Not to mention, he just basically said Bonnie wasn’t pretty. The LOLZ!

I also find it interesting that the flower Flabebe has is specifically a Fairy Flower, from my understanding (unless it was just that this particular Flabebe just so happen to have chosen a Fairy Flower and that they can technically choose any flower to attach themselves to).

Flabebe really is teeny. And Wigglytuff…whyyyyy…it’s so scary? Why is it so monstrous?

Where Team Rocket supposed to be Danish or something? Clemont said “Don’cha know?” so plain-like it was hilarious, don’cha know?~ Anyway, this is one of their worst schemes, yet? Did they even know the Fairy Flower was there? It seems clear that they didn’t, otherwise they would have said something to move their little plan along quicker. If one wasn’t there, what were they going to do?

Flabebe’s flower senses were tingling; how adorable! Anyway, it looks like we’re back to rock climbing. Bonnie’s totally a little badass. I wonder why Clemont didn’t let her climb Grants rock walls? She seems to be right on the dot in saying that she’s a good climber (though it doesn’t take much to be a better athlete than Clemont…).

Jessie’s hair…I seriously still don’t get it! She’s gotta be Miku Hatsune or something.

WOAH! Stop everything! Serena just pulled out Fennekin’s Poke Ball! Is this what I think it is?

Nope -_- It seems like Team Rocket actually learned how to kick some ass today. Seriously, the twerps were getting that assclap. So I guess it just depends on the day *or plot* for Team Rocket to get curbstomped or to be successful/Ash and goons win with two attacks or to get slapped around?

LOL at the music when Team Rocket were just laying/floating around all high and stuff.

I love how the dude said “Ash and his friends” when Bonnie was the one who’s name he should have remembered considering she has his damn Pokemon. And even his wife knows all of their names!

Quite touching to see Florence and Flabebe reunited as well as Bonnie being able to accept giving up Flabebe even though she didn’t want to. Also cute with Dedenne putting in some work and cheering up Bonnie. It’s nice to see him showing some concern for her feelings.

This was a really good episode. Bonnie’s episodes have continued to show great development and she’s still quite the mature character for a kid. She toughed it out and, though there was some whining in the beginning, in the end, she returned Flabebe with a smile. It shows she prefers to do what’s best for the Pokémon. I still would have liked for it to have been a wild Flabebe that Bonnie could have kept, but it was still a good episode of her to grow as a young trainer. It was also great to see my favorite Kalos Pokémon get the spotlight since she was last seen in the Mega Evolution Special. Not much bad I can say other than the pain of having none of the main cast realize why Flabebe was in Bonnie’s hair, or the fact that Team Rocket can only be shown as having some actual skill when the Pokémon of the Day has to stop them. The latter mostly because they didn’t really do anything special; this plan of action could literally be taken at any time and the inconsistency just bothers me for some reason this time. Overall, though, a 9.8/10~

I enjoyed this episode, however one thing was bugging me; Clemont owns a Pokemon that can use vine whip. Why didn't he use said Pokemon to lift Flabebe up there? For all that he was worried about Bonnie climbing a rock wall a few episodes back, he certainly didn't have any problems letting her climb up a cliff!

Yes i agree,i was having the same feeling,Clemont should have asked to it's chespin to land a help....

Bonnie should have a Flebebe tbh

and he's called Grey because he's old

Why does he even know it's his Flabebe o.o

Did they actually just show someone having a heart attack on Pokemon o.o

That's like, a really bad thing for a Pokemon aha, dies if its flower dies... best not breed any and throw them away cuz nature...

ugh why do we need Team Rocket in this one

Ash and co be idiotas. Jessie's was in her most convincing costume to date tbh (probably)

that's one way to have a triple battle

sweet scent? guess not

Flying Wobbuffet was amazing

Dem feels :\

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom