• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP29: Heroes - Friends and Faux Alike!

This included Officer Jenny, who showed far more competence than I've come to expect of her breed.

Yep. Asking a Pikachu if it's a Pikachu while looking at it is clearly a moment of sheer intelligence. I myself have never really thought of the Jennys as stupid, but if there were ever a more face-palm worthy moment, it would have been this.

It could've been a Ditto. Or a Zorua.

It could've been a Ditto. Or a Zorua.
Or an Inkay.
Pomophugegrin.gif
Or Meowth.
A transformed Ditto can say "Pikachu." If you ask a Pokémon if it's Pikachu and it says "Inkay!" or something else odd, though, there may be a problem, especially in the face of people mentioning a weird-looking, floating Pikachu that uses Psybeam.

OK, here we go, my general thoughts....

GOOD POINTS
-After what seems like ages, we finally get to see Team Rocket doing something that doesn't feel tacked on or rushed. It's essentially a Team Rocket episode. And it's certainly an interesting premise.
-The whole "villains disguising themselves as the heroes" has been done many times before in cartoons and animes, but I'm not sure there's been one quite like this one - in nearly every other instance it's happened, people have fallen for the villains' disguises and not so much as given the heroes a chance to say anything (If anyone has seen the cartoon series The Powerpuff Girls and seen that one episode where a trio of, might I add, burly male robbers disguise themselves as the girls, you'll know what I mean), whereas here, it doesn't take long for the others to twig that the Ash, Serena and Bonnie right in front of them are not the same as those who were so disruptive earlier.
-Clemont. Just Clemont. From figuring out where Team Rocket was, to is infamous "invention explodes in his face" running gag.
-The machine's name. The fact that not only does Team Rocket not like Clemont's name for it (and lets face it, who does aside for the joke?) but they end up USING it...leading to this little line.

Bonnie: That's a dumb name.
Jessie: On that, we agree.

NOT SO GOOD POINTS
-Err....none, really. I guess the whole bit of Team Rocket constantly referring to themselves as the people they were disguised as felt a bit dragged out, but I guess that was kinda the point.

Overall, a nice little episode. Good to see Team Rocket doing something worthwhile. Too bad it looks like it might not last long.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom