• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP30: Mega Revelations!

Good episode. But I can't help but think Korrina sounds like Amy Rose (brings back memories but still annoying). It bothers me she said "tummy" it's like she's been around babies or small children or her mom uses baby language with her. Gurkinn's voice is beautiful and sagely, I could listen to it for a long time (but Gurkinn's ugly). Korrina's voice may grow on me.

How could Korrina keep track of them? My head would explode if I remembered 99. Wow Korrina sounds wants to be an ichologist? the footprints.

Korrina has no sense of privacy, yes I guess Ash and friends saw what they didn't want to see. Who taught her "everywhere is your changing room"? Not unless when she was little she takes off her clothes when she's upset. A lot of weight change in little Korrina, when she got Riolu, she looked underweight (the fact her clothes looked baggy and we saw collarbone) then in the park flashback she looked normal (why was she underweight before she got Riolu then was the healthy weight after she got it).

I love how she says "no biggy" I think of my teachers telling the kids "it's okay it's no big deal only a glitch". Korrina sounded like she was raised right and learns she can't throw a fit over a glitch.

Last edited:
Yay Lucario! Seeing him wield that Bone Rush like a lightsaber made my day. Too bad nobody brought up Aura, especially while searching for him and Pikachu. Y'know, giving Korrina the power of Aura and bringing back Ash's powers. And speaking of, now that Lucario has met TR and sensed their Aura, he should have no excuse for not recognizing them in any future encounter.

Once again, Pikachu's only as strong as the plot demands. Though bringing back the ketchup thing was nice.

Korrina reminded me of Shauna from Dewford Island--same VA, same peppiness. No (supposed) boyfriend, though.

I did like how the group started leaving Clemont behind before he could try to invent something. One more pointless explosion avoided. Plus it shows how sometimes even science is no substitute for instinct and heart.

I liked this episode, mainly for Korrina and Lucario.

Korrina and her interactions with Lucario were really entertaining. Nice how the group doesn’t see anything weird about a random girl skating around, blocking their path yelling “number 99!”and demanding a battle. Anyway, Korrina totally went ham on Pikachu in that battle. Swords Dance+ Bone Rush+ Power Up Punch=DAMN GIRL! Also glad that Lucario has a really entertaining personality and a nice moveset. Though I'm already anticipating it Aura Sphere-ing everything later on. I will say that I found it funny how no one except Clemont seemed to notice Lucario using Power Up Punch without command.

The lunch scene was funny. I love how Korrina ran up to Pikachu to sign her book with Ketchup. Pikachu is finally reunited with Ketchup again. I also liked how Bonnie had to blow her food before eating it. I like these nice little touches. Speaking of Bonnie, I like how she was the one to notice Korrina’s Key Stone and remember about Diantha’s. And wth Ash? “So I was your 99th?” Well she did tell you that right before the battle.

OK, Korrina seems a bit too battle happy. She was already planning on challenging Clemont or Serena. Come to think of it, she probably should have. She would have won. LOL at everyone running off before Clemont could even get out some invention. And then Bonnie had to help him make it to where the group was. These 2 are the best. I like how Bonnnie can remind Clemont about his running flaws in a polite manner.

It was nice to see Lucario as the one who came up with the plan to free Pikachu and himself. Though I found it funny that he was carrying Korrina's glove in his mouth seeing as his paws would work just as well. Damn, Lucario was so badass giving that beatdown to TR. And geez, Korrina had to pull her whole shirt off.

Glad she and Lucario are going to be traveling with the group. Hopefully, it'll be good to lead up to Ash's battle with her. Okay so am the only one who found Korrina’s high pitched Amy Roseish voice to be a bit…odd? I mean, I don’t dislike the voice, but…I dunno, I guess I though she’s sound a bit older. Whatever. 9/10.

So we're finally making some progress again.

I wasn't expecting Amy to be Korrina’s voice, but I guess it works~ I like it. For her character, it's fitting. And it doesn't sound like the usual voice, either; like she's got her own flair.

Anyway, I think at this point, Ash should be slapped for looking up Lucario in his Dex. At least have Serena do it. This is, what, the third Lucario he's seen?

I don't think Korrina was off questioning whether the others were trainers. Because, no…Serena is not a trainer. Just by the way she answered about challenging the Gym you could tell…

Also, no, Lucario isn't super resilient or anything…those are just Not Very Effective moves Ash chose to spam. Speaking of...Korrina is really hyped up to hit Pikachu like a Baseball bat...damn...this chick's crazy.

So Geosenge Town just has Mega Stones on deck? Oh yeah, can't forget that strong bond!

Wow, Serena is such an ass. Like...unnecessarily so! What the hell is her problem? Just because she can't win a battle to save her life, she won't even believe Korrina won 99 times?

I never thought Pikachu would get to relive his love for ketchup. But it has returned!!

Oh joy, Team Rocket's here and looking more like Wizards than anything else. This has to be one of their worst appearances yet. They weren't even trying to be convincing. Why couldn’t Dedenne Mega Evolve if Pikachu supposedly could? Team Rocket really doesn't think these things through. And on top of that, they're still continuing their wishy-washy attitude about whether or not they want to kidnap Dedenne.

So we’re just gonna stand around and scream Pikachu’s name rather than sending out Fletchling to kill the balloon? Genius. Well, Lucario had good music, nonetheless. And Korrina was there then they said "Who's That Pokemon?"!

Is Jessie still going on about Mega Pikachu? You can't speak it into existence, Jessie!

So Clemont has the perfect invention...Aaaaannndd…they just run off…Well, I can't help but wonder what it was now.

Why is Serena such a dick to Korrina? Is she jealous again because Ash and her get along so well? Honestly, she accuses everything the girl says of being a lie.

It was pretty damn cool how Lucario and Pikachu were able to escape by combining moves. Such a shame Lucario didn't have Justified during the fight, though it is such a situational ability.

Woah! Korrina can’t just be throwing off her clothes like that~ I have to say, I love Korrina's battle style. It's quite tough and unique.

And they're traveling with another Gym Leader~ How interesting, to say the least. It's been quite a while since Ash's done that~

Well, alrighty then. I didn’t know what to expect from Korrina, but she turned out to be very cool, indeed. I really do like her character. She seems quite child-like and hyper-tomboyish, which is awesome~ Anyway, I really enjoyed her and Lucario's rough and hyper bond as shown here. It was a nice contrast to the more elegant display of Diantha and Gardevoir before. I'd give this episode an 8/10~

Well this episode was interesting.

Korrina's voice sounded different from what I imagined (is it just me or does she sound like Amy Rose?). The way she was able to sense where Lucario was like Diantha was with Gardevoir really shows the strong bond they share. She really is energetic though.

Speaking of mega evolving Pikachu: I have heard people talking about Pikachunite on the internet but never expected it to come up in the anime. I'll be surprised if it means anything though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely one of the best episodes in Kalos so far!

It had everything I love about a great Pokemon episode: Lucario, an epic Pokemon and one of my my all-time favorites, an impressive and immensely powerful girl with long blond hair - you all know what certain Champion Korrina reminds me of ;) - , two intense battles with brute force and an outstanding Lucario. What else can a Pokemon fan wish for?
Well, maybe they could have talked more about the whole Aura concept and turn Korrina into a second Riley but perhaps that will happen later on.

Apart from Ash and Pikachu being unnecessarily weak today, I've got nothing to complain about!
A great episode!

I liked this episode the first time I watched it and was looking forward to watching it in English. Too bad I missed its initial airing due to having to help set up a garage sale.

Korrina's voice wasn't quite how I imagined it, but I got used to it - and recognized it - quickly enough. I think it actually fits Korrina's energetic personality well enough.

So now I can see that Korrina was aiming for a 100-battle win streak to prove herself as a trainer and strengthen her bond with Lucario - something I missed from the Japanese version - before recovering a Lucarionite. It reminded me of A.J.'s goal to win a hundred consecutive matches before challenging a gym. In fact, like with A.J., Korrina's 99th and 100th victories happened to be against Ash and Team Rocket, respectively. :XD2:

A fun episode and a great start to a fun story arc.

A few seconds in and I already hate the voice of Korrina. Which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to seeing the character come to life in the anime.

This episode was okay, I wonder who voiced Gurkinn? Sounded a bit like Dan Green but I may be wrong..
To be honest, the writers should've made Bonnie ask Korrina some questions, but getting Serena to ask the questions..what's done is done, I suppose.
The dub handled this episode pretty well. 8.5/10

It's interesting how Amy Rose initially comes to mind with everyone for Korrina, when I thought of the earlier characters Lisa Ortiz did such as Flannery and the Lisa from Johto. Then again, Amy is much more renowned then those characters. Anyways, initially hearing Ortiz voice Korrina was very jarring. But as the episode went on, her voice began to grow on me and as of now I believe she suits the character very well. Her words don't sound so horribly scripted, as if they are being blatantly read off the paper. Additionally, controversial voice or not, she is a very experienced VA which was clearly heard in this episode (especially better than Clemonts and other COTDs). So I look forward to Korrina's dubbed episodes.

Wait, I fail to understand why is it far-fetched/unnecessary that Pikachu was weak against a Mega. Wasn't he up against a Pokémon that Smogon sent up to Ubers (aka closest thing to a legendary)? There's a huge difference between this and vs Snivy in BW001.

Last edited:
Ugh Lisa Ortiz, ruined Korrina for me.

Clemont should know who the other gym leaders are tbh

beyond Ortiz, was a good episode.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom