• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP32: The Aura Storm!

Damn that was powerful. Mega Lucario was mega awesome.

I knew something was up with Mega Lucario. He was way too happy about throwing punches and kicks in every which way possible. Is anyone else surprised that no one said anything when Korrina mentioned that Gurkinn also had a Mega Lucario? I mean I would have expected someone to say something like “You have a Lucario who can Mega Evolve too?” Oh well. WTF is wrong with Korrina. Did she not notice Lucario’s eyes glowing red and sh*t. I was just wondering if she’d notice before she killed Pikachu or something. But man is that thing creepy, those eyes, those teeth, that power! Oh, and Clemont got off an invention today that didn't blow up for comic relief, but rather to show off how strong Lucario was (which made me almost not notice it). And what the hell is Meowth talking about? How is he going to say anything about himself megavolving when he hates Persian, doesn't even want to evolve, and barely ever wants to battle?

Damn Gurkinn’s Lucario must be beastly stronger than Korrina’s. He didn't even need megalution to stop Korrina’s Lucario’s rampage. I thought it was cute how in the Pokemon Center, Bonnie brought out Dedenne for a split second to see Pikachu. Aw man, Korrina was about to cry. She must have felt pretty guilty about nearly killing Pikachu.

What does Korrina mean it was strange that Lucario refused to listen to her? He's randomly attacked on his own several times and she hasn't even cared about it up until now. Nice, Lucario gets a megalution accessory as well. And that battle awesome. Once again, Gurkinn’s Lucario pwns Korrina’s. He even uses one gold Bone Rush in comparison to Korrina’s two silver ones. Geez, Lucario seriously needs to work on this whole “mad with power thing”. At least Korrina noticed it this time. I'm sure Ash understands though. Infernape wasn't that long ago :) Anyway, I totally understood Gurkinn the whole time. Korrina seemed way too focused on Lucario’s strength and not on her relationship with him at all.

All in all, a nice and powerful episode. 9/10.

I liked the explanation at the end that the closeness between Lucario and Korrina was the problem, complacency as a cause for disobedience isn't something I can remember being covered before - it's a good angle.
it makes a lot of what's to come make more sense than it did to me when watching it originally, as I was wondering how their already strong bond needed strengthening to make Lucario not freak out.

Obviously we won't get the logical conclusion of that, getting Ash and Pikachu to have a serious look at how much they use their bond as a supplement to actual training - when was the last time they seriously worked on getting stronger rather than just talking up how much he's going to be a master.

The Lucario specific mega-evolution stuff is interesting about the ties to Aura, it makes me want to know what the equivalent explanations are for other Pokemon - particularly Mega Kangaskhan (I don't hold out hope of the Anime showing that at all).

Wonder why the dub used Wigglytuff instead of Mega Lucario for the Who's That Pokemon? They've been following the Pokemon Quiz pretty much exactly up until now, it'll be annoying if they are going to swap out all the mega evolutions for regular Pokemon.

So we’ve now got a nice and powerful Mega Lucario. He’s just pulsating energy! It’s so awesome! Mega Lucario in the Anime looks insanely cool.

Jessie’s really annoying me with her ignorance towards Mega Evolution. Of course I honestly don’t really expect Team Rocket to know much about Mega Evolution, but Jessie seems to think that any and everything can just Mega Evolve whenever they damn well please, even after saying it would be impossible for Dedenne to Mega Evolve last time. I guess she just wants what she wants to Mega Evolve.

Lucario creeps me the hell out when he’s mad. It’s a bit unsettling that neither trainer can sense that there’s a problem here. Like, are they just gonna allow him to beat the living crap out of Pikachu? Once you start swinging Pikachu around in your teeth and ignoring your trainer altogether, it’s time to think that something’s wrong here. It’s also way too badass when a regular Lucario stops a Mega Lucario. Gurkinn is a G.

AND THEN THIS CREEPY ASS WIGGLYTUFF IS THE POKÉMON OF THE DAY! WHAT THE LITERAL HELL!

Normally, I don’t really care about out of control Pokémon like plots, but this is one I can get behind. It actually makes sense. Lucario can’t handle all this new power of his and is struggling to control it; it’s physically a challenge for him to control himself and he needs to be knocked out to stop. Much better than the usual plots of simple disobedience that stops just by the trainer calling it a few times or giving up by returning it to its Poke Ball.

How cute; Lucario did Korrina’s spinning arm thing. I really do love the bond between these two. I’m almost willing to say that they might even have a closer relationship with Ash and Pikachu, seeing as they’ve been together for much longer. Also really that Lucario got his Lucarionite bracelet, but, of course, Serena turns everything into fashion again.

So Gurkinn’s Lucario VS Korrina’s. Would this, or would this not have been totally awesome if it happened in game? I mean, I know in-game, Korrina’s Lucario’s all fine and dandy with his ability to Mega Evolve, but it still would’ve been tight if the two could have battled like this. And what a great battle it was. Lucario loses control again due to cockiness and still can’t get the hang of things, which is good. He and Korrina need to see this to help them understand.

And speaking of, Gurkinn is simply badass. He doesn’t dance around the issue, nor try to sugar-coat it. He flat out tells them it’s their own fault and does nothing short of yelling at them when Korrina’s clearly not really understanding the issue and is pretty upset. And they do just the right thing, too. They still aren’t ready, so they go on another training mission, which is pretty much what you should do once you fail the first time. So props to Gurkinn. He’s an excellent teacher.

This was a really great episode overall. It actually made a Pokémon going out of control feel like a real problem which fits well and works even better in the case of a newfound ability to Mega Evolve. I thought it was awesome that they didn’t try to force this close bond upon us with Lucario and Korrina and everything just goes all peachy keen perfect with them. They realize that even though they have a strong bond, there are still problems. Lucario gets overconfident, as we’ve seen in past episodes where he does most of his attacking on his own. Korrina has trouble noticing this herself and just takes it to be Lucario being a powerful Pokémon and doesn’t notice when he loses control because of that. Truly a remarkable showing, in my opinion, for an otherwise simple episode. No real cons here. Team Rocket was useless, but they just stayed in the background for that one scene and didn’t screw with the episode. So 9.7/10.

Good episode. Mega Lucario is going crazy! Aww Korrina's going to cry, at least she has her new friends to make her feel better. Wow Gurkinn is emotionally and verbally abusive, he should chill, he probably had something bad in his life that caused him to be that way. He should apologize to Korrina because that was really bad what he did. I'm surprised he has friends. After all he did to Korrina she can still smile and wave goodbye.

So we’ve now got a nice and powerful Mega Lucario. He’s just pulsating energy! It’s so awesome! Mega Lucario in the Anime looks insanely cool.

Jessie’s really annoying me with her ignorance towards Mega Evolution. Of course I honestly don’t really expect Team Rocket to know much about Mega Evolution, but Jessie seems to think that any and everything can just Mega Evolve whenever they damn well please, even after saying it would be impossible for Dedenne to Mega Evolve last time. I guess she just wants what she wants to Mega Evolve.

Lucario creeps me the hell out when he’s mad. It’s a bit unsettling that neither trainer can sense that there’s a problem here. Like, are they just gonna allow him to beat the living crap out of Pikachu? Once you start swinging Pikachu around in your teeth and ignoring your trainer altogether, it’s time to think that something’s wrong here. It’s also way too badass when a regular Lucario stops a Mega Lucario. Gurkinn is a G.

AND THEN THIS CREEPY ASS WIGGLYTUFF IS THE POKÉMON OF THE DAY! WHAT THE LITERAL HELL!

Normally, I don’t really care about out of control Pokémon like plots, but this is one I can get behind. It actually makes sense. Lucario can’t handle all this new power of his and is struggling to control it; it’s physically a challenge for him to control himself and he needs to be knocked out to stop. Much better than the usual plots of simple disobedience that stops just by the trainer calling it a few times or giving up by returning it to its Poke Ball.

How cute; Lucario did Korrina’s spinning arm thing. I really do love the bond between these two. I’m almost willing to say that they might even have a closer relationship with Ash and Pikachu, seeing as they’ve been together for much longer. Also really that Lucario got his Lucarionite bracelet, but, of course, Serena turns everything into fashion again.

So Gurkinn’s Lucario VS Korrina’s. Would this, or would this not have been totally awesome if it happened in game? I mean, I know in-game, Korrina’s Lucario’s all fine and dandy with his ability to Mega Evolve, but it still would’ve been tight if the two could have battled like this. And what a great battle it was. Lucario loses control again due to cockiness and still can’t get the hang of things, which is good. He and Korrina need to see this to help them understand.

And speaking of, Gurkinn is simply badass. He doesn’t dance around the issue, nor try to sugar-coat it. He flat out tells them it’s their own fault and does nothing short of yelling at them when Korrina’s clearly not really understanding the issue and is pretty upset. And they do just the right thing, too. They still aren’t ready, so they go on another training mission, which is pretty much what you should do once you fail the first time. So props to Gurkinn. He’s an excellent teacher.

This was a really great episode overall. It actually made a Pokémon going out of control feel like a real problem which fits well and works even better in the case of a newfound ability to Mega Evolve. I thought it was awesome that they didn’t try to force this close bond upon us with Lucario and Korrina and everything just goes all peachy keen perfect with them. They realize that even though they have a strong bond, there are still problems. Lucario gets overconfident, as we’ve seen in past episodes where he does most of his attacking on his own. Korrina has trouble noticing this herself and just takes it to be Lucario being a powerful Pokémon and doesn’t notice when he loses control because of that. Truly a remarkable showing, in my opinion, for an otherwise simple episode. No real cons here. Team Rocket was useless, but they just stayed in the background for that one scene and didn’t screw with the episode. So 9.7/10.

tumblr_n9pjykKPK11r36bj2o3_75sq.gif
Your entire review had me dying of laughter. Jessie's ignorance of evolution reminds me of many of the fans, especially the line "she wants what she wants to Mega Evolve". LOL

The whole "Lucario almost killed Pikachu" thing was crazy. I think I'm really getting sick of Ash or something, because I was hoping Pikachu would die. o_O That's not good. And omg, Gurkinn was so mean to Korrina. But she was definitely blind to Lucario's disobedience so she was definitely being very foolish. I woke up early just to see this episode. I'm not a morning person.
tumblr_n9pjykKPK11r36bj2o2_75sq.gif

And about Meowth's little comment, I think he was just being sassy. The only two NFE Pokémon I could see getting Mega's are Eevee (I don't think any of the Eeveelutions should get Mega's, just Eevee... which would fulfill the role of a Normal "Eeveelution") and Pikachu, being the mascot. Why those two? They're the only two Kanto starters who've yet to get Mega's (although Eevee got Sylveon and Pikachu got its anime cry and now Cosplay Pikachu). Not to mention, Eevee itself is the Evolution Pokémon, so stands to reason it would be able to both normally evolve and temporarily Mega Evolve, since both are forms of evolution.
tumblr_n9nfump5Eo1r36bj2o3_75sq.gif

But back to the episode, I think Serena's little obsession with fashion might end up being her goal. It'd be very refreshing to have a character with a non-Pokémon focused goal who coincidentally has Pokémon. Tracey was the closest to that, but even he sketched Pokémon themselves.
tumblr_n9nipzOPzR1r36bj2o9_r1_75sq.gif

As expected, it was a great episode.
First, of course, the impressive power of mega-evolved Aura Pokemon and second, a profound explanation as to why Korrina and Lucario haven't been able to handle their newly obtained power yet.

Not just an ordinary episode where nothing of significance happens but one that certainly was both impressive and intellectually stimulating!

Looking forward to next week!

I'm getting quite tired of this story arc. Time to move on. Battle the gym so we can get the show back on the road.

Seeing two Mega Lucario fighting with opposing Bone Rush attacks was cool, although I wish it could've gone on longer. Too bad the show will probably never get the rights to "Duel of the Fates," which would be perfect for that sort of battle. It's also too bad that Lucario can't learn any Electric attacks--then he could shock opponents while shouting about POWER!!!!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty bad ass episode, dat mega Lucario wrecking shit.

Gurkin's Lucario being so OP was annoying.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom