• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP37: The Cave of Mirrors!

Ash: Give us back our Pikachu!
Meowth: Sure! Soon as you grow up.

Did they just...

I actually quite liked this episode. It was pretty trippy to say the least, but it did remind me of the weird sh*t that used to happen in the Original Series.

The beginning was a bit goofy to me. Why were Serena and Bonnie being so secretive about the cave?

So this dumb b*tch just attributed the entire cave of mirrors to being perfect for looking your best. F*ck you, Serena. Way to be a b*tch about one of my favorite caves.

The dynamics are a bit odd early on. One second Ash is looking at Pasty Ash. The next, the group is lost and semi-freaking out? What the hell is Ash doing running around so monkey fast and leaving everyone like it’s a dire situation? Just chill out. Korrina’s not going anywhere.

And suddenly the Pasty Ash is back and just steals Pikachu. Well, alrighty then. And damn, Ash sounded pissed as f*ck when Pasty Ash took Pikachu. What the hell? He doesn’t get that mad when Team Rocket takes him, yet he loses his mind when he takes him!
And here are the Mirror goons. Well, Serena’s certainly got more spunk to her. Clemont’s athletic, and Bonnie’s a proper little thing. Seems legit.

I love how Ash’s best comeback to anyone suggesting he’s dreaming is that he was awake. Like damn, Ash, stop being so damn literal. Get better comebacks!

WTF! An alternate world for every mirror?! Can that be in the games, tru?! That’s sick as hell! But, uh, this Serena’s kind of an asshole…more than her normal self. And good job for Ash just now noticing those aren’t his normal goons. But this Serena likes to battle. Can we have this one and leave the real one in the Mirror World?

“She’s going with Fennekin…So in that case…” – Ash. SHE’S GOT ONE F*CKING POKÉMON YOU DUMBASS!! Even Fennekin is cooler than the normal one!! Can we please take this cool Serena back?

Aww…look at Kawaii Pasty Ash crying like a b*tch. B*tch Serena’s such a dick for making Pasty Ash cry. :(

SUDDENLY TEAM ROCkET!!!11!one!

Can we please stop doing this? It doesn’t even make any sense anymore. How the hell did Team Rocket end up in the Mirror World trying to catch Prankster Pikachu in the first damn place?

“Uh oh…Ash hasn’t come back yet.” – Clemont. Yeah, no sh*t. What, did you think staring at the mirrors forever was going to make him poof back or something?

What the hell is with these Clemonts?! What did they think they’d encounter this scenario?! Who even would ever...well, I guess I can't be surprised. Though Magician Clemont was pretty funny an unexpected.

Why is James’ hair hurting? This episode is f*ckin up with everyone’s minds, including mines!

Of course, Pasty Ash would not only have a wimp-ass Hawlucha that looks sick as all hell, but he’d command it to Karate Chop a Ghost-type. Brilliance! And they really over-dramatized Hawlucha taking the Psybeam. And Pasty Ash is crying again. You know, real Ash shouldn’t be trying to change Pasty Ash to be tougher. He’ll mess up something in the dimensions.

And then all of that means absolutely nothing because Power Ranger Clemont just curbstombs Meowth and brakes Jessie and James’ ankles. Good job, Clemont. I see you big dog.

And, long story short, the power of friendship and Serena’s love brings Ash backYAY! Two Ashs; Serena’s dream come true. Mirror Serena, slap the sh*t out of real Serena before it’s too late!

Lookit, Bonnie has a reversed ponytail in the Mirror World. Nice details.

Clemont just got cut all the way off. What the f-

And then shipping. And Mirror Team Rocket. What the actual hell? That was pretty damn hilarious, but...does Team Rocket ever get out?! The sun set and everything! Are you kidding me?!

I’m way too confused to give a summary of all the things. 9/10 and let’s call it good night.

That would actually be a very interesting group dynamic! But I feel as if people would eventually grow annoyed at her foul attitude.
They better! Iris was widely hated for her attitude, but I'm sure people would love a Serena who makes Ash cry.

Technically, she makes Pasty Ash cry. Not the real Ash.
Yes, but that doesn't mean she still wouldn't be mean to him.

She would be exactly like Iris, trying to belittle Ash despite the fact he has way more experience than them.

Yes, but that doesn't mean she still wouldn't be mean to him.

She would be exactly like Iris, trying to belittle Ash despite the fact he has way more experience than them.

But we've seen after their battle that she seems to respect regular Ash more than Pasty Ash since he was able to beat her. So I doubt she'd belittle the real Ash.

Good episode, though Bonnie was annoying.

Serena needs that Fennekin.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom