• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP44: Splitting Heirs!

CrashBash said:
I seriously doubt people's opinions on the episode would have changed if they DID translate peas and carrots correctly

Which is why changing it is completely fucking pointless.

Which is also why getting your underwear in a twist about it like you've just done is also completely pointless. That last bit was uncalled for.

In all seriousness, I don't really know what to make of the episode. It's sorta sweet, yet sorta meh all at the same time. Almost as if it wasn't sure whether to focus on the two brothers, or the lemon-themed duo (as sweet as their interaction is). I think it really needed to focus more on Clemont and Bonnie, considering the climax of the brothers story was a real letdown.

Still, at least the dub-title was a massive improvement on the original title.

Nobody's getting anyone's underwear in a twist. I'm just calling TPCI out on a bullshit change they made to the episode, simple as that.

Nobody's getting anyone's underwear in a twist. I'm just calling TPCI out on a bullshit change they made to the episode, simple as that.

1: That's the second time you've sworn, I'm pretty sure most forums wouldn't allow that without censoring.
2: Nobody cares, it's not like it effects the episode or ruins the dub, any more or any less than removing the kanji from the previous episode does.

1. Bulbagarden doesn't have rules against "swearing."
2. Apparently somebody *does* care or else we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Is it a huge deal? No, nor did I ever claim that it was. Is it still a dumb change to make regardless? Absolutely.

You're certainly acting like it's a "huge deal". And also, it's still a public forum.

Look, maybe this will be a shock for you, but I don't actually watch the original Japanese version. I only watch the dub. Why? Well, partly because I don't know the first thing about Japanese. So therefore, I have to rely on the dub. Of course, I know when a dub is terrible to the point it's not worth watching.....but when I just hear complaint after complaint about minor things, it's not really what I have in mind.

Deletion of entire scenes, or really shoddy editing, maybe. But that's different.

All right guys, cut it out. Let's just leave the subject of dub changes for what it is. Please discuss the episode substantively. If you want to discuss dub edits/dub changes, please do so in the appropriate threads.

And while I understand that dub change with the carrots is a part of the episode, discussion on it obviously only leads to a negative atmosphere and off-topic discussion. Please move on to discussing other elements of the episode. Thank you.

Further addition to the above mod warning (which is entirely right): I will, however, point out that Dogasu is right - we do allow swearing, and there's nothing wrong with him doing it.

EVEN if there had been something wrong with it, you're supposed to report behavior you think break the rules, not argue with the user about it.

Shoutout to Blake, nice name~ It's bee a while since we've had an episode start with the goons already having met the Character of the Day. I'd say this is a nice change of pace.

So this chap's got a Meowstic...still scared of those things...with the eyes...and yet that's the thing Serena wants to catch?!

I would have asked if I was the only one who thought the repeated use of the word "veggies" was weird, but there seemed to have been a whole pointless debate on it, so I'll assume I'm not. Though, my issue wasn't with them replacing what was apparently "carrots" with a generic term, rather that it just sounded odd for them to say veggies at every instance rather than vegetables. I mean, I get that they're children, but...even I said vegetables as a kid. Moving on, Clemont's "That's irrelevant." had me rolling. Also...we're gonna have to not roll up on Meowstic's face...like ever.

First things first, how the literal fudge nuggets did these doofs not see Bonnie leave? I mean, you cannot honestly expect me to believe that they literally didn't see her get up and run away. Blake was looking right at her direction! (Giving the name Blake a bad rep, son.) Also, I feel that Clemont assuming she ran away because she didn't want to eat her food is kinda stupid. Surely she's had them on the road before and clearly not run away before, so why jump to that conclusion?

Dammit! They got the other creepy ear-eyes thing here, too! And Chespin's in love with her...and apparently retarded. Why the hell did he look Bonnie in the face and hear her tell him he shouldn't run off, and the proceed to dip again?

I'm sorry, but Blake saying the forest had ponds, cliffs, and Beedrill nest...I just found that so funny for some reason. Like, is the the most dangerous forest in the history of the universe? And then the ear-eyes are here! And WTF, Blake, Stahp! Energy Ball on Beedrill, are you serious?

"I get the feeling those two don't get along." "Even though they're brothers?" - Serena and Ash. DUDES, NO SH*T!! And the Bonnie back with "The thing is..." Bring back "Ya see..."!! I love how now Clemont decides to go HAMN on his protectove instincs when most time he acts like everything's fine. You know, like a couple episodes ago. And does he expect Bonnie to not be mad at him when he just goes to yelling at her without hearing what she has to say?

And these two are frickin' rich? Well it is Kalos, so why not? And is the brother's name "Heat" or "Heath", I can't tell. I will call him Heat, though just because it sounds much cooler. Speaking of sounding cool, who voices rich bros' Daddy? He certainly is doing that role well. "Matooered"? So classy.

...So...you mean to tell me, that the holder of the future of this man's house and wealth is determined by a Treasure Hunt?...Why not just blindfold Pops there and have him throw darts at his sons? -.- Also, I feel like the goons being partners wasn't such a good idea. They're taking this way too lightly when it's, again, THE FUTURE OF THIS FAMILY'S WEALTH! How old are these kids, like 12? How are you gonna have them decide this now?

D-DUDE! He said, "See...". IT'S BACK! Also, to be fair, he is using his Meowstic wrong. Male ones are more about Support, the female Attacks~ Duh~ Heat said Blake doesn't like him very much, either. What the hell, son, stop being a downer.

Pops be trolling, the treasure's not even inside. And it has something to do with them both. It's a Meowstic; I'm calling it...or flowers, y'know, either one. And dammit, his name is Heath...but Heat is still cooler.

SUDDENLY EXPLOUD! Why are they having them use Scratch? That may be more creepy than the ear-eyes...I really can't take these cats. And it turns out if was old man Troll's. I love that guy.

So the true treasure was their bond all along....That's so beautiful. DX And then Clemont and Bonnie...promised myself I wouldn't cry! D'X

DUDES. DO NOT EVER CLOSE UP ON THAT MEOWSTIC'S FACE LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN! EVER!

That ended up being a really sweet episode. Though I'm still terrified of Meowstic... And I really love those guys' dad. He is the best troll ever. Because in the end, no one inherited the sh*t anyway. 8.5/10

This episode is notable for being the first time Serena has shown interest in catching another Pokemon. I find it a little odd that we didn't see Bonnie explain that the only reason she "ran off" was to retrieve Chespin, but I guess that wasn't really the basis for their argument anyway, just the straw that broke the Camerupt's back.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom