• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP46: The Clumsy Crier Quiets the Chaos!

Okay episode I guess.

I'm not even sure what the beginning of this episode was all about and why TR thought they’d be able to catch a Salamence when they can’t capture the simplest of Pokemon. And pretending to be asleep? Please, as if the most awesome Pokemon ever would be fooled by that.

Anyway, then we get to this Wigglytuff who must have the ability klutz. What is it with this show having characters who fall on the ground every flippin' 5 seconds. I just don't find that to be very funny. And Clemont gets ignored once again. At least until TR show up and he gets to use his Aipom Arm for them. Speaking of which, I was surprised to see TR actually take Meowth and Pumpkaboo to a Pokemon Center. And I'll give Wigglyklutz some points for headbutting Meowth into the wall.

The scene of Pikachu trying to cheer Wigglytuff up was cute. And I really liked the Wigglytuff BOOK scene, except for Wigglytuff crying at the end. That was annoying. I loved everyone’s reaction to Clemont’s motivator machine. Well, thank goodness it didn't blow up on Bonnie's head.

Wtf TR, “we’re doctors so we decide who’s injured”. That’s your reasoning? And Seriously? You kidnap Pikachu and Wigglytuff, and then reveal yourselves 2 seconds later? Why the hell not drive away?! What the hell, Meowth drives? That was...unexpected. Well, glad to see Salamence thrash TR, which they deserved since it was their fault he was in that state anyway. I only wish Nurse Joy would have forced them to attempt heal Salamence.

I figured they'd show Fairy-type's immunity to dragon by having some dragon move not effect Wigglytuff, so yay. Oh and I loved when Bonnie went over to hug Salamence. Overall, ok episode. Aside from Wigglytuff being annoying in the beginning and TR, it was okay. 7/10.

I would like to see Team Rocket occasionally throw a Pokeball in that situation - perhaps even use a successful capture to highlight that a captured high level Pokemon wouldn't obey 'trainers' like Jessie and James, and then have it turn on them and fly away. Otherwise, the plan just seems to be to use a device and then fill in the detail later.

I really wish Ash would have just mentioned the most obvious response to that Ambulance at the end - "We're already at a Pokemon Center!!!". And obviously it would be better if Team Rocket would just do their motto over the megaphone on the ambulance while driving away, rather than give it all away. Also - rather than try and electric their way out, why didn't Pikachu open one of the doors - vans quite frequently have ways to open them from the inside - like doors...

That Wigglytuff sure is lucky it doesn't have to compete against Chansey and Audino for its job - it's kinda a terrible hiring policy if just being a Wigglytuff is the way to get a role at a Pokemon Center. Maybe it explains Mega Audino - the desire not to be replaced at Pokemon Centres gave it the Fairy typing?

Sakuraa said:
And pretending to be asleep? Please, as if the most awesome Pokemon ever would be fooled by that.

Well to be fair she was told to "play dead" in the Japanese version. But, y'know, censors.

Well, Wigglytuff is just about the most adorable thing I have seen so far. It does make me miss the roaming Jigglypuff that followed Ash around though.

That's why you use a Chansey. Or at least a new Wigglytuff. Makes me think why old Pokemon gaining Fairy hasn't been brought up yet.

Why would you reveal yourself after putting them in the van?

Lmao that explains my earlier 'old Pokemon gaining Fairy' ...AND ASH DID'T EVEN QUESTION IT.

So surely we're gonna get some kind of explanation as to why Team Rocket want this Salamence and how they even knew it was in here to have the proper equipment to catch it, right? Nope? Didn't think so. And now we've got a rampaging Salamence. Sooper.

And I suppose this is a case of a Pokemon too clumsy to live? Seriously, this thing is worse than that one girl in Unova who tripped over a rock every two steps. Though, at least its eyes don't terrify me.

"How did Teddiursa get injured?"
"I'm not sure. It's a mystery. This Salamence just came in and tore sh*t up, though!"

REALLY MA'AM? AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THE TEDDI BEAR GOT HURT? REAL F*CKIN MYSTERY RIGHT THERE, FAM. Oh, and it seemed to be in some kind of pain? Forget Ash; this woman right here is the very definition of stupid.

I feel so bad for the little Wigglytuff. She just looks so sad. :( I liked that story and how it tells why Kalos nurses use Wigglytuff instead of Chansey. Though, all the kind words from Nurse Joy...and the goons...it's too much~ NO MORE TEARS! ICAN'TTAKEIT!

"The 'Get up and Go' got up and went." - Bonnie: Statement of the Year~

Okay, Team Rocket, you stole the Pokemon from the Pokemon Center under the ruse of going to go heal them? What sense does that make? And why did you take off the disguises? Run while you have the chance dammit!!

For being scared out of their wits at Salamence, they sure look pretty damn calm.

"You're in pain!" NO SHIZNIT!

That is the most badass Wigglytuff I've ever seen. Nice blatant display of type matchups if I've ever seen one. Next time let it walk through a Draco Meteor. Seriously, someone make a gif of that.

For a filler, I really liked this episode, if not only for all the feels. These last too episodes have hit me too hard, It needs to stahp! D"X 8/10.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom