• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S18 EP06: Facing the Grand Design!

Honestly, the only thing I liked about this episode was the continuation of the Malamar plot and the fact that we got some more insight to their plans. Also Clemont getting a bit more spotlight in helping to save everyone instead of Ash.

I found everything with TR and Inkay to be pretty uninteresting. And Inkay breaking free from the mind control with a croissant was totally stupid; just like Lapras being cured of confusion through candy.

Overall, pretty meh episode imo. 4/10.

Ok dubbed episode. For some reason I found the Japanese version a little more interesting, maybe because of the BGM, which the dubbed replaced all of it. However, most of the BGM that was replaced was not really important except the part where they attacked the Malamar near the end. I give it 3/10

I thought I'd watch this just because and Oh. My. GOD.

Spoiler'd for tl;dr rant...
The last dub episode I watched was in the middle of DP and I had no idea that the TRio's dub acting had devolved to this!!

Does Zoppi still voice James? Because last I saw, Zoppi's James was only a slightly posher, less camp and better acted version of Eric Stuart's but now he has this high-pitched, fake-English, as-camp-as-Eric-Stuart, old man voice! I skipped to the emotional stuff and had a triple cringe at:
- The music (during the flashback *criiiiiiiiiinge*)
- The script
- (And needless to say) The acting

Also Inkay is a horrible name! You cannot say it without sounding like an arse.

Meowth was the last straw for me, he sounded so horrific that I just had to stop watching. Bless Michele Knotz who remains the only tolerable member of Team Rocket. The twerps also sounded great (from what little I heard) - Sarah Natochenny has finally grown into the role of Ash.

Needless to say I only watched about 2 minutes of this but I've seen the original a couple of times so :p The episode itself is great (well it's ok) - how can anyone not love (the original idea if not the execution of) James and the beautiful bonds he has with his pokemon?

I've got a bone to pick with whoever's in charge of maintaining continuity. Early on, Ash says that he'd like to meet an alien and Clemont denies that aliens are real. Hey, Ash...Deoxys would like to have a word with you. And not just the two from Destiny Deoxys, since the movies' status as canon has always been questionable, but the one from that episode of Season 9 with that Pokémon Ranger girl. (When I have a better memory than the people who are in charge of the show, something's not right.)

And what the hell is with Jessie? She automatically assumes that Inkay is gonna side with the evil Malamar just because they're of related species? She really owes the little guy an apology.

A very good episode and one of the more serious ones, I assume.

Of course, the continuation of the Malamar plot was awesome and creepy alike. Altering the whole world without caring about all the other living beings is pretty intense to put it mildly. So who said that Pokemon can't be evil?

Clemont, James and Inkay were the heroes of today's episode if you ask me. Clemont because he acted quite bravely and the latter two because their bond was really touching and showed that deep in his heart, James is actually an honest and nice guy who also cares about his friends. Nice!

At the end of the episode, I wondered if those evil Malamar are considered to be the new Team Galactic (or to some extend also the new Hunter J). They're recurring characters and their plans resemble each other pretty much. Anyways, I'm excited to see how this plot will develop.

Great episode in every respect. We need more of them!

Was a good episode tbf, would've liked the James/Inkay leaving thing to be a little longer. Maybe even the entire plot of the episode.

bit silly they were able to know it was the same Malamar... and some truely evil Pokemon is new. Shame these are the only antagonists so far...

Also, isn't Inkay a dark type, psychic shouldn't have worked on it. And was that flamethrower those Inkay were using?

I always think James is too nice to be on the evil side... one day I hope he leaves Team Rocket and becomes a good guy.

I also liked the touch of a returning Jenny.

I've got a bone to pick with whoever's in charge of maintaining continuity. Early on, Ash says that he'd like to meet an alien and Clemont denies that aliens are real. Hey, Ash...Deoxys would like to have a word with you. And not just the two from Destiny Deoxys, since the movies' status as canon has always been questionable, but the one from that episode of Season 9 with that Pokémon Ranger girl. (When I have a better memory than the people who are in charge of the show, something's not right.)

And what the hell is with Jessie? She automatically assumes that Inkay is gonna side with the evil Malamar just because they're of related species? She really owes the little guy an apology.

Gen 5 psychic things too

I've got a bone to pick with whoever's in charge of maintaining continuity. Early on, Ash says that he'd like to meet an alien and Clemont denies that aliens are real. Hey, Ash...Deoxys would like to have a word with you. And not just the two from Destiny Deoxys, since the movies' status as canon has always been questionable, but the one from that episode of Season 9 with that Pokémon Ranger girl.

Gen 5 psychic things too

And Clefairy/Clefable as well.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom