• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S18 EP23: So You're Having a Bad Day!

This was much better than I expected it to be.

Wow so the episode starts with Chespin already doing something dickish. Sigh. Whatever. Anyway, damn, those fortunes were pretty damn harsh. Seriously Ash? Who could have done shot a Shadow Ball at you guys? Gee I don't know. It's not like you know a specific person who has a Pokemon that that knows and uses Shadow Ball against you guys on a frequent basis:/ And what's with them referring to apples berries?

Moving on to the actual plot, I loved the separated groups we got this time around. It was interesting to see Braxien with Clemont and Frogadier with Serena. I wish Ash would have had someone else other than just Pancham. Maybe Bunnelby could have been with him, idk. I didlike how Fletchinder, Hawlucha, and Luxray were together without any humans; it’s just too bad we didn't get to see them do anything.

Lol, at Bonnie dissing Meowth again. This is one of the reasons I love Bonnie so much. Another reason is because she can easily see through Meowth’s lies as opposed to Ash who's older than her and has been dealing with him for much longer. Of course Meowth's charm is the gold the misfortune was talking about.

Pikachu and Braxien's reactions to Clemont's invention were hilarious. It's like Ash and Serena were actually there. And damn, I may not like Braxien as a species all that much, but seeing her use her wand to protect everyone was pretty awesome. Froagadier's stealthy stunts were pretty cool too. And of course Chespin's a wannabe who just runs and hides when things go wrong. Thank goodness Frogadier was there to protect Serena. I can’t believe she found Chespin cowering behind her to be amusing.

WTF! All right if I didn't like Meowth before, I really hate him now. Who the hell does he think he is eating that entire 3-piece berry by himself after Bonnie helped him to get it?! Who cares if he picked it? Glad she had Dedenne attacked him later (though I don't know why she didn't do it sooner), but too bad Bonnie got shocked too. I can't believe she ended up sharing the other berry with him. I sure as hell wouldn't. And like I said earlier, I wish we could have seen more of Fletchinder, Luxray, and Hawlucha as a group. Though Luxray climbing up on Ash was cute.

Oh c'mon. How the hell did that entire Spore just totally stay around Bonnie and not spread to Meowth at all. Well, at least he tried to carry her and found a way to wake her up. Doesn't make up for that berry stunt though. But could Meowth really not have just described what the berries looked like in the first place before trying to carry Bonnie.

I like how Pancham went to go talk to the Pangoro trio and how Bonnie forced Meowth to as well. Of course TR was the cause of all of this. Loved seeing them get blast off at the end. And damn, I never noticed how huge those Pangoro were.

Overall, a really nice episode. I'll give it an 8/10.

A classical "Our heroes get separated and have to fight until they get united again" -episode.
I like this kind of episodes although I think that the reasons for them getting separated are becoming a bit uncreative and lame if you ask me. Three obviously not all too intelligent Pangoro who go crazy just because their food had been stolen (as if there hadn't been enough other berry trees...). Oh no...how often did we have something like that in the past? The episode would have been much better if they had come up with a really good reason for the group to get separated.

Anyways, what followed was really entertaining to watch. Yes, I already said it a couple of times in the past that I don't like that Bonnie who's just there because...well because she's there, I must admit this time she wasn't that annoying but actually quite smart. Her interactions with Meowth were pretty funny and I liked how she fought her way back to the "twerps".

Speaking of the twerps, I can't say that much about them today because they took the backseat this time. It was rather their Pokemon who gave us some moments where you couldn't help but smile, for example Pikachu admiring Clemont's inventions while Braixen had that "We all know what will happen"-face. Just like Ash and Serena :) Or for example Chespin pretending to be a fearless, strong bodyguard and then hiding behind Serena. Nice!

So apart from the rather lame reason why the group got separated, it was a decent episode and fun to watch.

For what it was it was a decent and cute episode. Wasn't bad and was acceptable.

Those Pangoro don't own the tree however, so it was fair game for Team Rocket to pick them.

Bonnie and Meowth travelling together has to be the best thing I've seen in a while on this show.

Just an extra tidbit, but I quite liked how Bonnie asked Meowth why he could talk only to cut him off at the start of his story much like Max did during this episode's AG equivalent (AG022).

This was the first episode I wrote a guide for on Pokemopolis. That's the memory I forever associate with this episode.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom