• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S18 EP31: Performing with Fiery Charm!

Wow. It's been almost a full day and nobody has said anything about this ep. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Well, it's official: Ash has two girls pining for him. And being Ash, he's completely clueless. I wonder if Bonnie's gonna explain it to him at some point, or just let him sit in his own obliviousness. And BTW, there's no Bulbapedia article on an Ash/Miette shipping. What would that be called?

Since I prefer to analyze battles, I'm not gonna say much about the performances, though Jessie surprised me by not screwing everything up like her ego usually does. Serena bringing back the dress from Laverre City was nice continuity, and seeing her improvise when it got torn instead of calling it quits shows that she really is learning something on her journey.

Was about to say that as well, no interest in it? :s

I didn't get to watch a very good version of it so I may try to watch it again soon. However from what I experienced this episode just didn't feel that great on the whole compared to the original, which I was a little disappointed by because I thought the way they did the Coumarine Showcase was good. I guess it was some of the music changes didn't really work for me and felt a bit weird. In fairness the shipping moments were good, but omfg Ash's Spongebob laugh makes me want to rip my ears out!

In my eyes Miette's interest in Ash is just to troll Serena, I'm not convinced she actually is completely legitimate about being a love rival. It's just the way she goes about it, looking for a reaction from Serena more than anything.

Finally, the 2nd Showcase. I've been waiting forever.

Lol, Serena’s still dissing her mom’s taste in fashion. So Miette's back as a performer. Well, that's one thing I never expected to happen. I suppose it could be interesting. Serena could use a few more serious rivals. I like how Bonnie actually greeted Slurpuff. Lol, looks like Miette is still teasing Serena about Ash. And OMG Bonnie's face. And she’s calling Ash and Clemont dense. Does she know? Because that would be the funniest thing ever, lol. I like how they showed Grace, Shauna's crew, and Aria watching the Showcase. But I sure as heck didn't expect Sycamore to be watching. When did he even find out Serena was a Performer. Am I forgetting something?

Oh gosh Slurpuff is so cute:) But anyway, I actually didn't care too much for the PokePuff baking round in this showcase as I did the Styling round in the previous one. Just my preference. But I am glad they do have different themes rather than doing the same thing over and over like with contests. I also like how they brought back Gena from XY26 to judge the PokePuffs. I also noticed that the girl with the Psyduck from the previous Showcase. Well, totally not surprised that Jessie was only able to pass by cheating. Obviously her PokePuff could have only won by taste because it looked awful. Wait what, 2 who’s that Pokemon? Okay. I love how much work Pancham did assisting with making the PokePuffs since he didn't get to anything in the first Showcase. And OMG when he and Braxien grabbed Serena's hands before the judging. That was too precious. LOL, Sycamore's reaction to Serena winning was priceless.

Now moving to the Free Performance, I'll be honest, I actually thought Jessie's was ok at the end (since the beginning was just Meowth bouncing around). Too bad her and her Pokemon's outfits were horrid. Braxien on the other hand looked beautiful and I like how Pancham had his 2nd pair of glasses on. I wish he would have had more clothes aside from that though. And of course Jessie has to be a b*tch and knock Serena to the ground. Man I wish Pancham and Braixen would have attacked her. So Serena thought back to Fennekin falling in the first showcase from her long bow to solve her ripped dress problem and cut it short. Well that was interesting. And I loved Serena's free performance. It was beautiful. Yet at the same time I was shocked to see that she won by such a huge margin. DAMN!

Lol, Miette really gets pleasure out of teasing Serena doesn't she? Anyway, great episode over all. Can't wait for the next Showcase. 9/10.

I've been waiting for this episode :) Finally, Serena wins her first Princess Key! I'm curious as to whether or not the writers will draw her journey out or have her win consecutively from here on (I see her winning her next one, losing the one after that, then winning the next, and losing in the Master Rank "Grand Festival" of Showcases).

It was great to see Miette again, I really enjoy her character. While I watched the episode with my sister she kept saying how she ships Serena and Miette..and oh gosh I sorta kinda do too now... h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶O̶f̶ ̶K̶o̶r̶r̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶:̶D̶ ̶

You just gotta love Bonnie man, it's a nice touch that she seems to be aware of Serena's crush while the boys are oblivious lol. Also kudos to Jessie for not completely messing up her performance!

This showcase wasn't bad, nor boring, just not as exciting as the Coumarine one. (Hopefully there'll be battling in one of them down the line).

Good ep overall though, 8/10

Ash had an awkward-sounding laugh. Anyway, this was a cute episode. I got a bit of a laugh at the fact that glowsticks are used to vote.

Jessie should've won tbh, hers was great.

Not much to add tbh, these Showcases are needless to me. Serena's fixed dress was nice though I swear they said she was next, meaning second up... so was this an error or did I mishear or what?

and I guess both Pluse and Minun were there, as they didn't think the kids would be smart enough to know which is which. Is why the games are dumbed down after all.

Catching up on some episodes. How do you have Jigglypuff but not have it say anything? :(

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom