• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S19 EP10: A Cellular Connection!

What did the dub use as background music for the TR's motto?

Well, I thought this episode was better than last week's.

I forgot to mention last time, but the plot of Squishy getting lost in one episode and having to be found in the next was very interesting. I'm glad they didn't just quickly resolve all of that last time. It was great to see how determined Bonnie was to find Squishy and for her also to realize she was risking danger to herself and the others. Clemont and Bonnie's sibling moments are always nice.

I never would have expected Bunnelby to save Bonnie in the way he did. That was pretty epic and it's great to see how close Clemont's Pokemon are to Bonnie. Though I have to say, Nurse Joy conveniently not having the medicine she needed was beyond ridiculous. And then the fact that she was just calmly standing there talking to the group about it instead of rushing out to get some (or sending someone else) just made her look worse imo. I did find it funny when the group was just standing around waiting for Nurse Joy and only then noticed that Bonnie was gone. Seriously, how did they not notice?

I thought TR capturing Pikachu was totally pointless. They literally got blasted out of the sky immediately afterwards and then blasted off once again. They may as well have just had them go get the plant. Anwyay, of all the times for Clemont not to have his backpack (and I guess any of his other Pokemon on hand since he didn't call them out). LOL. I thought that was so funny. Not only are they just out of reach of the plant, but Dedenne's stubby little arms barely added anything extra. It makes me wonder why he didn't just use his tail, but like I said, it was funny nonetheless. I liked how Squishy decided to help them while also not making himself visible right there and then.

I'm glad Squishy decided to return to Bonnie at the end, but I still feel bad for her since we as the audience know that he wasn't looking for her, but rather knew where she was the entire time and simply chose not to go to her, and that he's mainly observing the group for his own purposes. Regardless though, this was a good episode overall. 8/10.

The Team Rocket Song!

Really?? That's so cool! I'm glad they decided to keep it. Let's hope they keep using it, because that song was responsible for the awesomeness of a lot of scenes on the episodes that will follow!
I don't suppose we will ever hear a proper dub version of it, but I am very happy to know they will likely keep using the instrumental version of it.

Really?? That's so cool! I'm glad they decided to keep it. Let's hope they keep using it, because that song was responsible for the awesomeness of a lot of scenes on the episodes that will follow!
I don't suppose we will ever hear a proper dub version of it, but I am very happy to know they will likely keep using the instrumental version of it.
Yes, indeed, you are right about that!:)

Wait, iirc the first few episodes where they started using Team Rocket's Team Song instead of the regular Kanto motto remix they used the vocal version instead of instrumental. Did the dub just go instrumental?

Either way it's really cool they kept it, I don't remember the last time they did that. Maybe they'll keep an instrumental of Serena's version of DoriDori in the Master Class episode?

I absolutely adore these episodes that focus on Clemont and Bonnie. This was fantastic.

Okay, so this episode is essentially an extension of last week's episode - it picks up right where the last one left off, with the group looking for Squishy, probably the evening of the day all of the stuff at Terminus Cave happened. Maybe I'm just a softie, but I thought the scene with the campfire was very powerful and by far one of the best things about this episode. Clemont's worry over Bonnie is both touching and easily believable, especially when they got going with the argument about whether or not to look for Squishy at the late hour, and how everyone went silent when Clemont shouted that he was afraid of something happening to her, too - that was extremely well done. We see some of the best of Clemont's character when he's showing how much he loves and cares for Bonnie, which was basically this entire episode.

Also, Clemont's machine. Bonnie's reaction to it was another example of why I love this episode, and why I always love it when they give the spotlight to the sibling relationship. Normally, Bonnie would have made some sarcastic remark about the terrible name of Clemont's device, but she was instead incredibly thankful that he had gone out of his way to do this for her. That said, if the machine is sensitive enough to go after individual Zygarde cells... I think he might've done a little too good of a job on it. Anyhoo, Team Rocket predictably destroy the machine, and it goes off and explodes somewhere in the woods, angering a group of Toxicroak. And we've also got a cliff from nowhere, but whatever. It advances the plot. Of course Bonnie would be the one in the group to fall, seeing as the episode is mostly about her, but Bunnelby's quick thinking is always nice to see. We don't really need reminders of how mature Bunnelby is, but there it is anyway. Personally, I think that the branch in the cliff is the real hero of this episode, seeing as it's the reason everyone is still alive right now.

This is kind of nitpicky, but couldn't they have come up with something a bit more creative than Nurse Joy being out of the exact medicinal plant required to heal Bunnelby? Yes, they need some way to keep the plot heading in the right direction and this fits the bill, but it's a bit of a letdown. What are the odds that the plant required to heal Bunnelby would a) be found on the mountainside near the Pokémon Center, and b) be the one thing Nurse Joy is out of at that moment? Also, since when did someone need a flower to heal a scraped knee? The way I see it, Bunnelby needs bandages, ointment, and maybe a splint to get better from a fall like that. I don't see where a medicinal plant factors into dealing with a scraped and possibly sprained or broken leg.

Aw, of course Bonnie would run off to try and get the plant... that is so like her, but also predictable. I'm not one to harp on predictability unless it just doesn't work, which isn't the case here. It works very well, and although I love the scene where Clemont, Ash, and Serena save Bonnie from the Scolipede and all of the heartfelt conversation that follows, I refuse to believe that they could have gotten up the cliff that quickly, seeing as Bonnie is probably the fastest climber in the group. Anyway, like I was saying, the conversation that followed was more of the same Clemont-Bonnie sibling stuff that I love.

And then we have Team Rocket's attack. It was mostly a plot device in order to make it just Clemont and Bonnie being the ones to get the plant together, but hey. In the realm of what we usually see in the Pokémon universe, that's not only predictable, but just expected at this point. Anyway. Team Rocket gets soundly and thoroughly defeated, blah blah blah... fast forward to Clemont, Bonnie, and Dedenne struggling to get the plant and Squishy watching them and helping them. I love how throughout the episode, Squishy has been watching everything they've been doing and realizing that there's more to humans than meets the eye before deciding to go back to Bonnie at the very end.

Right, speaking of Squishy... I still really really don't like its English voice. Also, did they get the same person to voice both Squishy and Z2 with the same voice? That's just confusing. It took me a minute to figure out which Zygarde Core was talking at any given point. Yes, I get that we need to understand what Squishy has been doing this episode and the internal struggle it's been going through as well, but that voice... just... doesn't fit...

Like I said multiple times before, I really love Clemont-Bonnie episodes. I'm going to give this a 9.5/10, because I can't honestly call it "perfect", but it's absolutely one of my favorite XY&Z episodes so far.

I absolutely adore these episodes that focus on Clemont and Bonnie. This was fantastic.

Okay, so this episode is essentially an extension of last week's episode - it picks up right where the last one left off, with the group looking for Squishy, probably the evening of the day all of the stuff at Terminus Cave happened. Maybe I'm just a softie, but I thought the scene with the campfire was very powerful and by far one of the best things about this episode. Clemont's worry over Bonnie is both touching and easily believable, especially when they got going with the argument about whether or not to look for Squishy at the late hour, and how everyone went silent when Clemont shouted that he was afraid of something happening to her, too - that was extremely well done. We see some of the best of Clemont's character when he's showing how much he loves and cares for Bonnie, which was basically this entire episode.

Also, Clemont's machine. Bonnie's reaction to it was another example of why I love this episode, and why I always love it when they give the spotlight to the sibling relationship. Normally, Bonnie would have made some sarcastic remark about the terrible name of Clemont's device, but she was instead incredibly thankful that he had gone out of his way to do this for her. That said, if the machine is sensitive enough to go after individual Zygarde cells... I think he might've done a little too good of a job on it. Anyhoo, Team Rocket predictably destroy the machine, and it goes off and explodes somewhere in the woods, angering a group of Toxicroak. And we've also got a cliff from nowhere, but whatever. It advances the plot. Of course Bonnie would be the one in the group to fall, seeing as the episode is mostly about her, but Bunnelby's quick thinking is always nice to see. We don't really need reminders of how mature Bunnelby is, but there it is anyway. Personally, I think that the branch in the cliff is the real hero of this episode, seeing as it's the reason everyone is still alive right now.

This is kind of nitpicky, but couldn't they have come up with something a bit more creative than Nurse Joy being out of the exact medicinal plant required to heal Bunnelby? Yes, they need some way to keep the plot heading in the right direction and this fits the bill, but it's a bit of a letdown. What are the odds that the plant required to heal Bunnelby would a) be found on the mountainside near the Pokémon Center, and b) be the one thing Nurse Joy is out of at that moment? Also, since when did someone need a flower to heal a scraped knee? The way I see it, Bunnelby needs bandages, ointment, and maybe a splint to get better from a fall like that. I don't see where a medicinal plant factors into dealing with a scraped and possibly sprained or broken leg.

Aw, of course Bonnie would run off to try and get the plant... that is so like her, but also predictable. I'm not one to harp on predictability unless it just doesn't work, which isn't the case here. It works very well, and although I love the scene where Clemont, Ash, and Serena save Bonnie from the Scolipede and all of the heartfelt conversation that follows, I refuse to believe that they could have gotten up the cliff that quickly, seeing as Bonnie is probably the fastest climber in the group. Anyway, like I was saying, the conversation that followed was more of the same Clemont-Bonnie sibling stuff that I love.

And then we have Team Rocket's attack. It was mostly a plot device in order to make it just Clemont and Bonnie being the ones to get the plant together, but hey. In the realm of what we usually see in the Pokémon universe, that's not only predictable, but just expected at this point. Anyway. Team Rocket gets soundly and thoroughly defeated, blah blah blah... fast forward to Clemont, Bonnie, and Dedenne struggling to get the plant and Squishy watching them and helping them. I love how throughout the episode, Squishy has been watching everything they've been doing and realizing that there's more to humans than meets the eye before deciding to go back to Bonnie at the very end.

Right, speaking of Squishy... I still really really don't like its English voice. Also, did they get the same person to voice both Squishy and Z2 with the same voice? That's just confusing. It took me a minute to figure out which Zygarde Core was talking at any given point. Yes, I get that we need to understand what Squishy has been doing this episode and the internal struggle it's been going through as well, but that voice... just... doesn't fit...

Like I said multiple times before, I really love Clemont-Bonnie episodes. I'm going to give this a 9.5/10, because I can't honestly call it "perfect", but it's absolutely one of my favorite XY&Z episodes so far.
The sister-brother bond is growing!! And this is a review with positive and negative cimments,cool!!

This was a good episode, but the drama in the last scene where they were reaching for the plant didn't quite work for me. All I was thinking about the whole time was that Chespin could have just used vine whip to get the plant they needed. Still the rest of the episode was very good and it was a nice change from the typical cheery episode we see in Kalos.

Wait, iirc the first few episodes where they started using Team Rocket's Team Song instead of the regular Kanto motto remix they used the vocal version instead of instrumental. Did the dub just go instrumental?
The Japanese version of this episode used the instrumental version as well. The vocal one debuted in the following episode.

I liked the maturity and non maturity in Bonnie over finding him. Bunnelby achieved nothing by diving in lol.

I thought they were kinda rude to only get the one plant, it was all they could reach I guess bug still try and get more, it's not like your guy was the only injured one.

Was a decent episode. Pointless TR.

A pretty good episode I believe. I sort of predicted that Bonnie would run off to collect Nicera on her own, blaming herself for Bunnelby's injury. Though I am not a shipper, I liked it when Ash and Serena were the only two fighting Team Rocket (though I don't think that counts as an AmourShipping moment either.)
Serena's Braixen sort of dancing while using moves was nice to watch. But, James, while do you always have to command Inkay to use Psybeam? I think it is now time for Inkay to learn a new move, Psycho Cut maybe.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom