• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S19 EP11: A Windswept Encounter!

Can someone confirm what was used for the motto in this episode? In the Japanese version it was Rocket-Dan Danka with vocals.

Can someone confirm what was used for the motto in this episode? In the Japanese version it was Rocket-Dan Danka with vocals.
I'm not sure. But maybe it's a normal motto music used instead of the Japanese one with vocals.

This episode turned out to be a good one, starring one of my favorite Pokemon, Breloom!

First of all, I like how Noibat was flying around with Talonflame in the beginning of the episode. I'm glad they're still portrayed as "flying buddies. And OMG that has to be the cutest Breloom ever! Bonnie playing with Squishy was cute too, but only because of Bonnie. Squishy still kind of creeps me out. Especially that pupil-less eye. And OMG, Breloom was so much cuter when he was angry. I love this Breloom so much.

I loved seeing Hawlucha take off upon hearing Noibat's scream. Can't say I felt too bad for Noibat getting poisoned and attacked like that. I mean, he did destroy Breloom's gift for his one true love. He could have been pummeled even worse. I thought it was weird that Clemont only considered Breloom as a possibility for Noibat being poisoned rather than the POISION-type Beedrill. That would have been my first thought. Nice of Floette to heal Noibat since of course Clemont (Nor the rest of them) unfortunately didn't have Pecha berries or Antidotes:/ I also really liked the small detail of having Hawlucha watch Noibat fly with Floette.

I don't know why I'm only just now bringing this up, but I found it cool that Breloom had his own little Beedrill gang. And OMG Breloom was so cute acting shy around Floette. Man I almost wish he was one of Ash's/his friend's Pokemon. Funny how Bonnie was the first one to realize Breloom's crush on Floette. Pretty rude of Floette to just ignore cute Breloom like that. If she didn't like him, she could have said something instead of just turning away from him to go back to Noibat. Wow, lol, Breloom's using physical force now. Nice how Hawlucha and Noibat immediately yelled at Breloom when he tried to Pokenap Floette.

Ok, so Breloom just sets Floette on a tree branch...and she just sits there and doesn't even try to leave? That's just weird. Unless she just stuck around for Noibat, there was no reason for her to stay there since it's not like she wanted Breloom anyway. Regardless, I loved seeing Breloom thrash Noibat. Also, nice that we got to see him make use of his super stretchy arms. Aw, Pikachu wanted to go save Noibat, but Hawlucha says no. Lol.

Wow, a Probopass invention. Well, I guess it would make sense to sniff out a mushroom and a flower. But of course it explodes. Good thing Noibat can find pokemon on his own. Also good that TR decided to just sit around and get drunk as opposed to actually doing something with the Pokemon they captured, even after Meowth warned the other two that it would happen:/ Idk why, but I was really shocked that Clemont let Bonnie go off with Noibat to try to rescue Breloom. I thought he'd at least tell her to be careful or something with how protective he is. Oh well.

Really glad to see X-Scissor being used again from Hawlucha. I almost forgot that he knew that. Is it just me or has Clemont only commanded Luxray to use Swift recently? What the hell happened to his electric-type moves? I've literally been seeing nothing but stars lately. And, to end off this paragraph talking about moves, I'm glad Noibat learned Acrobat. That's certainly not a move I would have predicted for him to learn, which is great. Better than something overused like Gust or Aerial Ace. Breloom looks really weird with his arms crossed.

I hated the way Floette left. Once again she ignored Breloom for Noibat giving no reason. Then she literally got blown away by the wind and happened to join that giant traveling group of Floette. It wasn't even that she knew they were coming and planned on going with them. Aside from the very brief mention of it at the beginning of the episode, it was such a random, spontaneous thing and I hated that. I just feel there could have been a much better way to send her off after everything that happened. And poor cute Breloom. I really felt bad for him. At least Hawlucha was there to comfort him.

Overall a nice, enjoyable episode, mainly due to cute-loom. Oh and Noibat 8/10.

This episode turned out to be a good one, starring one of my favorite Pokemon, Breloom!

First of all, I like how Noibat was flying around with Talonflame in the beginning of the episode. I'm glad they're still portrayed as "flying buddies. And OMG that has to be the cutest Breloom ever! Bonnie playing with Squishy was cute too, but only because of Bonnie. Squishy still kind of creeps me out. Especially that pupil-less eye. And OMG, Breloom was so much cuter when he was angry. I love this Breloom so much.

I loved seeing Hawlucha take off upon hearing Noibat's scream. Can't say I felt too bad for Noibat getting poisoned and attacked like that. I mean, he did destroy Breloom's gift for his one true love. He could have been pummeled even worse. I thought it was weird that Clemont only considered Breloom as a possibility for Noibat being poisoned rather than the POISION-type Beedrill. That would have been my first thought. Nice of Floette to heal Noibat since of course Clemont (Nor the rest of them) unfortunately didn't have Pecha berries or Antidotes:/ I also really liked the small detail of having Hawlucha watch Noibat fly with Floette.

I don't know why I'm only just now bringing this up, but I found it cool that Breloom had his own little Beedrill gang. And OMG Breloom was so cute acting shy around Floette. Man I almost wish he was one of Ash's/his friend's Pokemon. Funny how Bonnie was the first one to realize Breloom's crush on Floette. Pretty rude of Floette to just ignore cute Breloom like that. If she didn't like him, she could have said something instead of just turning away from him to go back to Noibat. Wow, lol, Breloom's using physical force now. Nice how Hawlucha and Noibat immediately yelled at Breloom when he tried to Pokenap Floette.

Ok, so Breloom just sets Floette on a tree branch...and she just sits there and doesn't even try to leave? That's just weird. Unless she just stuck around for Noibat, there was no reason for her to stay there since it's not like she wanted Breloom anyway. Regardless, I loved seeing Breloom thrash Noibat. Also, nice that we got to see him make use of his super stretchy arms. Aw, Pikachu wanted to go save Noibat, but Hawlucha says no. Lol.

Wow, a Probopass invention. Well, I guess it would make sense to sniff out a mushroom and a flower. But of course it explodes. Good thing Noibat can find pokemon on his own. Also good that TR decided to just sit around and get drunk as opposed to actually doing something with the Pokemon they captured, even after Meowth warned the other two that it would happen:/ Idk why, but I was really shocked that Clemont let Bonnie go off with Noibat to try to rescue Breloom. I thought he'd at least tell her to be careful or something with how protective he is. Oh well.

Really glad to see X-Scissor being used again from Hawlucha. I almost forgot that he knew that. Is it just me or has Clemont only commanded Luxray to use Swift recently? What the hell happened to his electric-type moves? I've literally been seeing nothing but stars lately. And, to end off this paragraph talking about moves, I'm glad Noibat learned Acrobat. That's certainly not a move I would have predicted for him to learn, which is great. Better than something overused like Gust or Aerial Ace. Breloom looks really weird with his arms crossed.

I hated the way Floette left. Once again she ignored Breloom for Noibat giving no reason. Then she literally got blown away by the wind and happened to join that giant traveling group of Floette. It wasn't even that she knew they were coming and planned on going with them. Aside from the very brief mention of it at the beginning of the episode, it was such a random, spontaneous thing and I hated that. I just feel there could have been a much better way to send her off after everything that happened. And poor cute Breloom. I really felt bad for him. At least Hawlucha was there to comfort him.

Overall a nice, enjoyable episode, mainly due to cute-loom. Oh and Noibat 8/10.
Very cool review,Sakuraa!:)

Caught the episode myself. It sounds like TPCI just made their own version of the motto music. Laaaame.

Is it just me or has Clemont only commanded Luxray to use Swift recently? What the hell happened to his electric-type moves? I've literally been seeing nothing but stars lately. And, to end off this paragraph talking about moves, I'm glad Noibat learned Acrobat. That's certainly not a move I would have predicted for him to learn, which is great. Better than something overused like Gust or Aerial Ace.

The swift thing is becoming an epidemic! Clemont is totally wasting all of Luxray's potential! It has totally been driving me crazy lately, when I was watching this episode the second he sent out Luxray I just said "use swift" to myself.

I totally agree acrobatics was a great choice for a move, although it may look strange when it evolves to Noivern because of how big it will be. Its gotta be a super powerful move in the anime too, since there is no held item, right?

My favorite thing about this episode is that Hawlucha still looks after Noibat. The only thing I regret about it is that I wish they would have let Breloom and Noibat finish their battle. Also it was a bit strange that Ash just kinda left Noibat to battle, instead of commanding moves, and that he didn't really care that Noibat might hurt itself tackling that cage, when Bonnie was the only one who seemed concerned. Overall this was a good episode and it was nice to see Noibat get involved for a change.

TPCi's version of the motto music sounded like a parody almost, there were parts that were similar but it was very much its own thing.

Which I think confirms that the dub replaces music for money reasons. If they just didn't have the funds to the vocal version they'd go with the instrumental version or the regular motto theme (which we know they have rights to both). But I guess since they thought they were already changing the music they'd go the whole nine yards and make their own.

Shoot, I watched this one on Saturday and then forgot to review it. Anyway, here's my abbreviated take on it:

I said this with the Quilladin and Eevee episode, but I'm getting really tired of the "Pokémon in love" business. Just... can't they do something else? Breloom's character was just annoying and awkward and didn't really make for all that good of a villain in my opinion.

Floette is adorable. She's the best thing about this episode in my opinion, I love how she becomes friends with Noibat and stands up for Noibat when Breloom bullies it. That said, it's a bit convenient that she just happened to float down and heal Noibat when Clemont was conveniently out of both Antidote and Pecha berries for the sake of the plot.

Also, Clemont's machine... just... what in the world...?

Okay, I get that this is Noibat's episode, but seriously, it's been established that Chespin is good at picking locks with Vine Whip. At least get Hawlucha to wreck the cage if unlocking it doesn't do it, two Pokémon have been kidnapped by Team Rocket and this is probably not the best time for Noibat bravado. But it learned Acrobatics in the process, so it works out well in the end.

Hawlucha's stepping forward to comfort Breloom at the end was cute. That was a nice touch, I'm glad they added that. Also, holy cow, where did all of those Floette come from??? They definitely weren't there at first. But they're all adorable and all identical except for the flower, so I dunno how Breloom singled out any particular one to devote his heart to.

All in all, it's an okay episode, but really doesn't do it for me. 5/10.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom