• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S19 EP24: Making Friends and Influencing Villains!

Ahh, the Phantump that many thought Ash was going to catch. I'll get to watching this once I find it.

Really odd title aside, this episode was kinda meh to me.

Shiny Phantump looks totally disgusting imo. Sure its actions were kinda cute, but appearance wise the thing creeps me out overall. I also never realized Phantump had arms.The plot was pretty boring too. Clemont's exhaustion and Bonnie's friendship with Phantump were the only enjoyable elements imo. TR extremely was annoying as usual, though I'll give them props for tricking Ash and the Pikachu capture at least. I'll give it a 5.5/10.

First comment that I'm going to make on this one is that the title is really bad. Seriously, is that the best they could do?

Anyway, this episode was very cute. The Shiny Phantump is absolutely adorable, and probably my favorite moment in the episode was when Helioptile came and met the group. I loved seeing all of the Phantump together, it was really cute. :)

Ash and his friends must be psychics or something - they managed to figure out an awful lot just by looking at Phantump. How did they know Phantump was looking for its friends? Also, did Ash seriously ask Serena to check her guidebook to find a tree? And it WORKED?? I'm sorry, that's waaaaaayyyy too convenient for me. Also also, the fact that they fell for Team Rocket's Phantump ruse. Seriously? It wasn't at all suspicious that the "Phantump" were about 10x larger than the one they were traveling with?

I enjoyed Bonnie's relationship with Phantump, though, with her introducing it to new Pokémon and such.

All in all, the episode was cute, like I said, and there have been much worse fillers in the past, but it wasn't fantastic. I'll say 5/10.

Apparently this week's title is supposed to be a reference to some help book regarding how to win friends and influence evildoers? Anyway, what could they do. So this episode was boring and just like in the JP version did not need to be here, although I guess TR doing the ralts thing from AG was nice, could've been better utilized.

Well, I'd say this was a rather ordinary filler-episode with nothing that would require detailed discussion.
I found it quite heart-warming to see how nice and helpful our heroes were towards that Phantump but that's basically it when it comes to note-worthy scenes.
Unfortunately, the logical mistakes in this episode were simply too obvious. I'm talking about things like Ash and friends not recognizing that those huge Phantump weren't real or Pikachu not being able to break free from that glass cage although it opened easily after falling to the ground. These scenes were poorly written if you ask me and that's what distinguishes mediocre episodes from really good ones with substance.

To sum it up, a standrad filler with a few nice moments but now let's move on to the next episode!

That... was pointless and a waste of time. Hope we have less fillers like this in the future.

Ash and friends sure did assume a lot.

And that Ralts trick working...

The episode was pretty cute by my standards. I particularly felt connected to the Shiny Phantump, because I could totally relate with it, feeling a bit cautious and scared while making friends. I feel so too, while meeting new people and making friends with them, so this episode deserves a thumbs up from me...(y)

Also, I know I always say this but so many Ghost-type Pokémon in a singular episode just makes it special for me: so many Phantump (their anime cry is so cute!), so many one Gourgeist (same for her as well!). :love::love: *dies of cuteness*

There is just one part of the episode that bothered me though *drum beats* (rant mode on) Seriously, Team Rocket? Meowth becomes Kirlia, and Wobbuffet becomes Ralts! NO. JUST NO. :eek: Even worse, how did the gang not realize that the Ralts is suddenly bigger than the Kirlia? AAHHHH!!!! :mad: Seriously, this is worse than Gourgeist being affected by Forest's Curse! (rant mode off)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom