• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S19 EP31: A Gaggle of Gadget Greatness!

This episode was pretty disappointing. It would have been so much better to have all of the Pokemon outside their PokeBalls running around the trick house. Instead all we get is Pancham and Chespin doing their annoying old bickering antics (I seriously thought we were past that). Would have been nice to see Serena and Clemont's other Pokemon before the league where they probably won't even show up. And was I the only one annoyed as hell that the Pokemon just randomly reunited with their trainers like that. There was no buildup or anything, like one of them seeing the others from afar. We just saw them literally appear from a random hallway and, then "Oh there you are Pikachu."

TR's mecha Meowth was disgusting as hell. All that time spent on him rolling around the damn thing only for him to fail at even harming Pikachu. Utterly pathetic. I'm also getting really annoyed at random characters who blindly give up their PokeBalls to total strangers. They could have at least put 3 empty PokeBalls in that machine. And what the hell was the point of that worker who didn't even bother to follow TR with the stolen PokeBalls and just let Ash and Co. handle the whole thing. Then at the end he wants to be like, "Well I'm glad that's settled". Yeah, no thanks to you...

I did however enjoy Clemont and the others making their way through the gadget house, Clemont pulling TR's PokeBall funnel out of the ground like a boss, and Chespin, Jessie, and Meowth getting bashed by those trick house mechanisms. I also liked Clemont doing the ending narration in the dub.

I'll give this episode a generous 4.5/10.

This episode was a nice filler imo. This episode was so funny, I don't think we get funny episode these days.
Now I find James more similar to Clermont. There could have been a rivalry between them as we haven't gotten a male companion yet that does much unlike the female companion. Too bad, waste opportunity...
I would give this a 7/10

So glad this episode exists to steal time away from the league or the Flare Arc... didn't care much for it then, don't care much for it now.

I gotta say, for a filler episode, this was actually really good, especially the first half. There was some great comedy from all the characters, including TR, which we don't get very often anymore.

The second half was less interesting with TR doing their usual "Let's go steal some random Pokemon" thing, but it still had some funny moments that made me laugh.

Overall, I really liked the first half of the episode and enjoyed the comedy a lot. It felt refreshing with the different setting too, almost felt like a special actually. The second half wasn't that great, but not too bad either.

This was a pretty entertaining episode. Though it feels like it should've been a Pikachu short accompanying the Magearna movie rather than a random pre-league filler, considering the similar themes and, as Sakuraa said, the potential if all the Pokémon were running around the trick house.

It ended up pretty fun I guess, now we know who makes the mechas.

Serena looked more cute than usual for some reason.

It ended up pretty fun I guess, now we know who makes the mechas.

Serena looked more cute than usual for some reason.
Perhaps it's because of the horrible animation this episode had?

Hmmm...it was an extra pointless filler with bad animation...and yet it was rather fun and lively, not mention giving poor Clemont time in the spotlight.

I'm torn here...:confused:

A lot of people seem to dislike this episode, but I beg to differ. Cause, I absolutely LOVED IT. This episode just conveniently had everything it needs to be happy and entertained

The first part of the episide, in which the gang, Pikachu, Chespin and Pancham and Team Rocket traversed their way through the various Gadget Rooms kept me seemingly interested. Entire time they would stumble upon a gadget, I would wonder what's the possible cache or how Jessie could mess up the gadget, and display her anger afterwards. Of particular interest, her, calling a wall a contraption, just caused me to ROFL. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The second part was not that interesting to me as the first part, as it was basically Team Rocket trying to steal some Poké Balls from unwary children. Though the device used to steal the Poké Balls was pretty cool. Also, how convenient that there is a trap just where the children would stand. But, I ROFLed when Team Rocket's Meowth gadget failed them, and Meowth was left just short to attack Pikachu with Fury Swipes. I also giggled when Clemont supported James on his views on gadgets, and then was bashed by Bonnie.

Overall, I give this episode a solid 9.5/10, particularly for entertaining me and presenting a humorous atmosphere, just right before the League begins.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom