• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP05: Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!

Wobbuffet has a new actor? I did not notice this when watching the EP. Guess her old actor is done now?

But she was just in the first SM episode as Mimey. I'm not sure what the decision to replace her was, but I for one am quite sad to hear it's not her anymore.

Just checking the cast lists for SM003, Kayzie Rogers isn't the credited actress for Wobbuffet, for now I'll assume it a mistake on Lisa Ortiz's part, will get back to if on that
Oh dear Al.
If she has gone for good then that's an absolute shame really. To me at least she was one of the more better actors in the TPCI dub.

Who was rubbing the show during AG?
4Kids during the first 3/4 of the AG dub (Advanced- Advanced Battle), and then TPCi during the last 1/4 of the AG dub (Battle Frontier). The only time Kayzie previously retired and they used stock audio for the Pokemon she voiced in the English dub was during the DP dub's first season under TAJ.

4Kids during the first 3/4 of the AG dub (Advanced- Advanced Battle), and then TPCi during the last 1/4 of the AG dub (Battle Frontier). The only time Kayzie previously retired and they used stock audio for the Pokemon she voiced in the English dub was during the DP dub's first season under TAJ.

I won't forgive whoever titled EP316 " a different kind of Misty".

I won't forgive whoever titled EP316 " a different kind of Misty".
4Kids, although I actually liked that title, it was an obvious reference to the fog being very dense in the episode at times (Misty didn't show up, though).

I thought "May We Harley Drew'd Ya," "Wheel...of...Frontier," and "Slaking Kong" were far worse, tbh.

4Kids, although I actually liked that title, it was an obvious reference to the fog being very dense in the episode at times (Misty didn't show up, though).

I thought "May We Harley Drew'd Ya," "Wheel...of...Frontier," and "Slaking Kong" were far worse, tbh.

It made me think Misty would show up. It was misleading.

Hm, I ended up liking this episode more dubbed than I did before. I remember being very dissatisfied with it when I first watched it, but I felt a bit more pleased with it this time around. Weird...

I loved the focus on Lana and showing off her skills with water-types. It was also nice to see how she met Popplio by saving him from Team Skull. And with that said, I love how a lot of the skull grunts have varying designs and how they don't just have the identical designs like the do in the games. (Now just give them their Nest Balls and I'll be good). Anyway, the Lana focus was a nice treat since she has been kind of in the background since her debut. I like that we got to see Harper and Sarah, (and that they look identical to her) torturing Pikachu and just being annoying. That was cute:p I also lol'd seeing Ash get smashed into by that Milotic. And Lillie wearing giant overprotective suit was hilarious.

I didn't like how Popplio sort of dropped into the background during the fishing shenanigans. and didn't have much relevance until the end where he just needed to save everyone. With the episode being named after him and the focus on him in the beginning, I just wish we would have seen him more. Maybe some bits of him practicing his water balloons while Lana was finishing.

The biggest issues for me came in the form of TR, (spent a bunch of time just hovering over Ash and co. in the trees and bushes), Rowlet (had no reason to even be outside of his Poke Ball for most of this episode since he did nothing until Ash had him blow up TR's balloon), and Bewear (showed up in the last few minutes of the episode to catch TR while running on water for a gag that is already getting old and isn't funny in the slightest). Initially I wasn't too fond of the fact that the other classmates were here since they didn't end up contributing much to the plot, but I didn't mind them during this re-watch. I actually thought a lot of the conversations were funny, like Sophocles getting annoyed with the others talking to him while he was fiddling with his rod, Kiawe blaming his crappy fishing skills on being a fire-type trainer, and Mallow scolding Sophocles at the end.

Originally I gave this episode a 6, but I think it's worth a 7.8 now. Still not high on the re-watch list, but decent overall.

Lana is hella cute. That is all.

Also, Team Rocket's plan is to freeze both Ash and Pikachu... and then take Ash with them too? seems like a bad idea to me.

...what's with the random Pokemon moments? Slowpoke, Komalo and others.

Poor Pikachu.

That's a lot of denying Lana. Heheheheh. and get rekd twins, that was your own fault.

Lana is super sweet and cute. Interesting.

Ash should tell Lana about those times he saw Kyogre, she'd get hella jealous and probably fal in love with him. Sounds like a good plan to me.

I expected Ash to use his Misty lure tbh

Splash did damage to Ash lol.

Milotic!? ...rekd

"don't leave us". Imagine if they did. Series ends at episode 5.

You'd think Team Rocket would learn how to make a better net after 20 years

Lmao, Bewear is a bro. Flying on a Rotom Dex is an interesting way to fly.

I suppose that was the first filler episode. Eh, it was still a good episode.

Oh, a Lana focus episode. Alright then...

So, Lana and Popplio have this goal of making balloons. Okay, I guess. Wonder what the anime will do with it... I do really like, though, how the anime is informing us about the protagonist encounters with their Pokémon. Such backstories never fail to impress me. (y)

A FISHING TRIP?! Now we're talking! I am a big fan of Water-type Pokémon, so this is just the best! :X3:

Wow, Sarah and Harper look just like Lana. That's... kind of a let down honestly. I know the two are twins, but do they really have to look like their elder sister? Err... it's okay, though. But LOL at the twins asking Lana if Ash is her boyfriend. :LOL:#TriggeredSerena.

The fishing trip was quite interesting TBH. Lillie reeling in that Milotic was just awestrucking. :eek:

Yes Lana, you go girl! It still bothers me that the Ride Pokémon just bounced off the water balloon, instead of bursting it, but whatever. Also, a Bewear running on water?! o_O:eek: What more surprises does this Pokémon hold?

A pretty good episode actually. I'll give it a 9/10.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom