• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP07: ‪That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!

Very good episode that gives Litten some nice development. Only downside is some rather poor animation that is incredibly noticeable thanks to the new art style the series is using.

This was a good episode and hey they Didn't censor the Dream death scene involving Stoutland which I thought we were going to have yet another cut scene like yesterday. I like that Litten and Stoutland has a big backstory and that the animation looked decent compared to past episodes. The Dubbing in this one was good and yes I'ma still miss Kayzie doing Wobbuffet voice, but Erica hasn't let me down yet so yeah.

Litten was actually my least favorite starter, so I do have to give credit to the anime (both Japanese and dub versions) for making me appreciate it. I really think Litten is a great character. I like the personality and how this is a different backstory than the usual "abused fire starter." Its dub voice is just as good as its original voice. I like that it sounds more like a an actual cat meowing than just repeating its name (which is something I feel they've been doing well with a lot of the animal based Pokémon, like Rowlet and Rockruff.)

I'm still not sold on Lillie's voice. It's just way too cartoony sounding. I really like Kiawe's voice but the emoting needs a bit of work. Everyone else's voices sound good. I also noticed that Ash's laugh sounds a bit different than it normally does. Almost more natural.

My favorite lines were Kiawe's "all that for a croquette sandwich" when Ash was chasing after Litten, and Rotom's "I sense a happy ending! Except you didn't catch Litten!" Cheeky little thing.

Litten is the cutest thing ever. This episode was great. Seems Litten's voice has changed since the preview airing. Sounds like they left in a lot of his original Japanese voice this time around.

I really liked how Ro-dex tried to stop Litten from fleeing with the croquette sandwich. Too bad all he got was a kick in the face :p I love how Alolan Persian looks animated. It's so beautiful. But it sucks that the species is being used in villainous role, again. I will say that was pretty clever of him to make Litten toast his own sandwich.

Litten and Stoutland were so sweet to each other. I love how they actually gave Litten a back story and a friend/teacher. It's nice to know that the reason he takes food to bring it to his aging friend. And I felt so bad after his nightmare about Stoutland's passing.

Litten looked so cute with his cone on:) I almost wish he had to keep it on for longer. I lol'd when he couldn't jump through the bars due to the cone. But most of all, I really liked that it was named after Heliolisk's collar. Ok, seriously, why the hell was Persian acting like an asshole? It just seemed to be tormenting Litten for no good reason. I hate how they always portray Persian as a villain, but it's even worse it a case like this where it's seemingly acting like a jerk just for the fun of it. I also wasn't a fan of how the whole situation ended with Litten creating a massive Ember to burn up Persian and then the guy just runs away defeated. It just seemed really rushed :/ My favorite thing from this episode was that Ash not only sacrificed his desire to catch Litten so he could keep feeding his friend, but that he also planned to bring food to them. That was very nice of him. It's only too bad that Litten and Stoutland decided to move.

Overall, this was a really nice episode. Litten was so adorable and so sweet. And the owl wasn't here at all :) Great! I'll give this a 9/10.

Yeah, they've started doing that on all the episodes on Disney XD, including the XY reruns (which had the original "to be continued" screens when they aired on CN.) It threw me off at first.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom