• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP22: A Shivering Shovel Search!

I have one question. Did the ending theme of Under the Alolan Sun get upgraded to include Mallow's Bounsweet as a Steenee in SM018 to here? I think they got changed it from the Seasoning Search because anyone doesn't remember seeing it.

They updated the end credits to include Steenee last week. Speaking of last week... I didn't get the chance to comment on the 3-hour marathon due to time so I'll keep it brief: episode 16 7.0/10, episode 17 5.5/10, episode 18 9.0/10, episode 19 8/10, episode 20 7.5/10 and lastly episode 21 9.5/10. Now this week's episode, yep it's filler, but I did like that Litten still manged to get development here and managing to master fire fang, everyone not just Ash trying to help out with the Palossand problem and not gonna lie I was suspecting someone to catch Sandygast but looks like that ain't happening. Overall I'll give this one a 7.5/10.

This episode was weird the first time I watched it and it's still weird now. I actually really enjoyed the characters in this episode. It was mainly the whole "Ash spends the entire episode inside of a giant sand castle Pokemon's body" plot that I find a little odd.

Like I said, the classmates were pretty good here. Lana, Kiawe, and Lillie were the standouts to me. Kiawe is probably my favorite classmate so I was thrilled with his involvement in the episode. His voice is really, really fantastic. I also LOVED his kind of muttery "even though it's all his fault..." about Ash. I kind of like Ash getting called out on his density.

So even though the plot itself was a little weird, I actually did enjoy the episode. SM has quite a few things going for it where I can generally enjoy even strange plots or ones I would otherwise get bored of.

So the shovel isn't part of the Pokemon even though when you breed one, a shovel comes with it. I guess that's an easy way to make a business, sell loads of those shovels.

Also surpised he was just able to wedge a Rotom in there without even caring that it might hurt.

Also, doesn't it say that Pallosand's eat little kids and chill with their bones? seems like that should've killed Ash, what a way to go out that would've been. Also, just chilling inside an alive Pokemon is pretty freaky, I guess those are guts and stuff.

Lmao at Litten just dying back in. Although why was Ash trying to just lob out Litten, that could've caused him to join Stoutland.

Oh so it's a magic shovel, cool. You can't sell them after all.

I don't think using an Electric/Steel type is a good idea, even as a distraction.

Not sure team leaf is helping.

Imagine Ash gets out, then it just eats everyone and leaves.

That poor Magikarp.

That Pallosand is probably dead...

Headbutting the wall to try and break part of Pallosand and then burning its flesh with a giant hole. They just don't care about it at this point huh

Weird episode, in which I'm pretty sure if Ash was on his own, he wouldn't have survived the night, since it's canon that they eat children. and uh, I think we need a follow up on it EATING THE HOUSE

So the shovel isn't part of the Pokemon even though when you breed one, a shovel comes with it. I guess that's an easy way to make a business, sell loads of those shovels.

Also surpised he was just able to wedge a Rotom in there without even caring that it might hurt.

Also, doesn't it say that Pallosand's eat little kids and chill with their bones? seems like that should've killed Ash, what a way to go out that would've been. Also, just chilling inside an alive Pokemon is pretty freaky, I guess those are guts and stuff.

Lmao at Litten just dying back in. Although why was Ash trying to just lob out Litten, that could've caused him to join Stoutland.

Oh so it's a magic shovel, cool. You can't sell them after all.

I don't think using an Electric/Steel type is a good idea, even as a distraction.

Not sure team leaf is helping.

Imagine Ash gets out, then it just eats everyone and leaves.

That poor Magikarp.

That Pallosand is probably dead...

Headbutting the wall to try and break part of Pallosand and then burning its flesh with a giant hole. They just don't care about it at this point huh

Weird episode, in which I'm pretty sure if Ash was on his own, he wouldn't have survived the night, since it's canon that they eat children. and uh, I think we need a follow up on it EATING THE HOUSE
Basically, Poke Problem section Extra scenes aren't dubbed in the international version and are totally omitted. Which is why there is no extra scene of Ash and Kukui cleaning up the house after that Pallosand left its sand all over the house and Ash and his Pokemon being shocked after seeing that familiar shovel. I believe the extra scene of Lana and her sisters watching tv will be skipped as well. Some extra scenes are the continuations of some following episodes, while the other ones not. Similar to PokeTV.

This episode wasn't bad per se, but it was a disappointing follow-up to the last episode and really should've been pushed back until later. Seeing the whole group together again was nice, but maybe this could've swapped places with the Tapu Koko rematch episode to have a more meaningful way for him to learn Fire Fang. Ah well, what's done is done, and it's still a relatively harmless episode.
I have one question. Did the ending theme of Under the Alolan Sun get upgraded to include Mallow's Bounsweet as a Steenee in SM018 to here? I think they got changed it from the Seasoning Search because anyone doesn't remember seeing it.
Yes, it was. Kudos to TPCi.

Basically, Poke Problem section Extra scenes aren't dubbed in the international version and are totally omitted. Which is why there is no extra scene of Ash and Kukui cleaning up the house after that Pallosand left its sand all over the house and Ash and his Pokemon being shocked after seeing that familiar shovel. I believe the extra scene of Lana and her sisters watching tv will be skipped as well. Some extra scenes are the continuations of some following episodes, while the other ones not. Similar to PokeTV.

I just assumed it was a random joke, seems unnecessarily complicated

Super late, yes, but I enjoyed this episode more than I expected to.

Continuing Litten's Fire Fang training was nice to see, though I thought he'd already gotten the hang of it in the last episode. Also, maybe it's just me, but I feel like they've already made Litten much softer than he's been before his capture. He went from taking a beating from Persian and trying to walk off his injuries like a badass, and attacking TR to save Popplio and Rowlet completely on his own...to tearing up after tripping over a can. Idk, that just seems like too quick of a change to me. Usually it takes a minute for Ash's serious Pokemon to lighten up, but, I digress. Anyway, why on earth would Ash try to use Rotom to replace Sandygast's shovel after the dog knocked it out? How was he just going to "be a shovel for a little while"? Uh, what about after he had to go home and Sandygast was still pissed over being shovel-less? What then? It was just idiotic all around. I lol'd when Litten kicked the dog in the face, though.

I didn't all too much care for the way the rest of the classmates just randomly showing up like they did. It felt way too forced, especially since they were in their own separate duos. It was nice to see them hanging out together out of class in small groups, but coming together like that was just dull. I also didn't like how Pikachu went in to get the shovel. They should have made Rockruff do it since losing the thing was his fault in the first place.

But I loved that little Shiron got to play a major role in saving Ash and Litten. She's so adorable. I also liked that Togedemaru, Steenee and their trainers helped Shiron out. That entire part was just cute. But I found it totally annoying that Popplio and Pikachu had so many failed attempts to send the shovel up in the bubble. Seriously, they took so much time with their blunders that it seemed like it would have been more efficient to just grab it and risk being possessed for a bit to get it back up quicker...

The end was weird. Why did Pallosand slam into Kukui's house like that? Was his grudge not eliminated after getting his shovel back? Whatever. But overall, this episode managed to be very entertaining. 7.5/10.

YES! A SANDYGAST AND PALOSSAND EPISODE! NOW WE'RE TALKING! :X3::X3::X3:

Okay, so Litten is undergoing training to perfect Fire Fang. That's nice!

Umm... weren't Rockruff and Pikachu bothering Sandygast in the first place by not letting it pass? The former even caused it to lose its shovel later... Eh, I'm not sure if I'd call Sandygast entirely at fault here. (n)

Rotom Dex works as a fair substitute for a shovel IMO. :LOL::LOL:

WHAT?! Did Ash just get eaten by the Palossand? Oh dear! :eek::eek: So, Palossand's inside is just sand as well. Well, that's surprising... I thought it to be more... fleshy, just like other regular Pokémon. Also, what's with the random sandcastles inside Palossand's body? o_O

Nice seeing Water Compaction in the anime.

So, Palossand is draining Litten and Rotom Dex's energy to grow stronger. B-but you are big enough, Palossand! Also, does Rotom Dex count as regular Pokémon still? o_O

Umm... it would have been more effective to let Steenee use Magical Leaf on Palossand instead of just fanning IMO. :D

Poor Palossand sure looks weird just frozen up there as is.

So, Litten finally perfects Fire Fang. That's great! Stoutland would be so proud.

Yes, that's the correct shovel placement on a Palossand. (y):D

Bit weird seeing Palossand give the house a hug. It makes more sense to me to hug Ash and/or the others in its original size, but whatever...

Overall, a pretty entertaining episode. I'll give it a 9.5/10. (y)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom