• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP27: A Glaring Rivalry!

I'm the first to comment in 5 days? damn son.

Ash battling... himself is pretty cool. Don't think I ever saw that before.

Ash keeps giving Rockruff the advantage with all these Normal type moves+Fire for Litten.

Turtanator playing with all the little Pokemon was quite the sight to see.

Heh, Rotom hasn't been keeping up to date with Pokemon news, Rockruff has three forms now ;)

Interested in where that random sailor got a Blastoise from. Guess he's from Kanto, since I don't think the Sailor class is in SM.

Ash, you shouldn't be getting side tracked. You were told to buy those items!

Lol, that guy sucks in using a Normal type move against a Rock type. He not like, have Hydro Pump or something?

Huh well, I guess I was pronouncing Gladian's name wrong. Was going with like the Gla in Glalile.

"I'm always there". and now he's at Lille's house. Ash, y u lie. What if he shows up for that battle and see you're a lier!? he'll be mad!

Gladian must be really close with the butler then I guess. Kinda shows badly on Lusamine and Mohn tbh, that they had to bond with the butler and not then.

Seems like Kukui's lab is easy to rob if Umbreon can just come in that easily.

Lycanrok having Stone Edge and Crunch over Rockruff's Rock Throw and Bite show Rckruff has a long way to go. That battle wouldnt have lasted much longer. Although it also has Counter. I refused Counter on my evil Lycanrok, cuz it's not really bulky enough to use it. Evolite Chanseys however...

Team Rocket were too easy to beat.

Didn't expect a Z move. That Continental Crush was some Naruto level shit lmao.

That evil Lycanrok was pretty cool with that Rockruff stroking.

Good episode.

Gladion finally makes his appearance and liked it. He was still edgy, but he definitely has a soft side and that against him and Ash was insane especially with the Continental Crush Z-move. We are going to be seeing so much more Lycanroc and Rockruff after this episode oh my goodness the little puppy has a long way to go. TR showed up and so did Skull, at least they're now aware that Gladion exists but for how long though? Anyways, pretty good episode I'll give this a 8.5/10.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qUM-XV5r3A

Who's that Pokemon is Lycanroc (Middnight)

Cast List (for @BigDocFan )
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons
Kate Bristol
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Emily Jennes
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Micheal Liscio Jr.
Suzy Meyers
Lisa Ortiz
Jake Paque
Haven Paschall
Ben Phillips
Lori Phillips
Erica Schroeder
Elieen Stevens
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

Wow, I'm actually rather gobsmacked with Gladion's voice. I was expecting just another typical Alain voice again (and we know how rollercoasty that voice was) but I'm impressed with the voice. Yes yes it's not all perfect and he's a little wooden at times but whoever voiced Gladion (And we'll soon find out once we get the cast list) you did pretty good.

*And just like that the cast list shows up*

Hmmm, Eddy Lee seems to be a new face. He was one of the Additional Voices for Your Name and is also Kuzzey in the upcoming remaster for Gundam Seed. Could it be possible that he's Gladion?

Could it be Ben Phillips for Gladion? I have no clue, but he seems like a new face?

Whoever it is (probably wrong anyway), their voice acting is okay: given the dub's "quality" these days, I definitely expected worse. Still, he's kind of monotone and deep in places that require more emotion imo at times, but all things considered, it's listenable.

Could it be Ben Phillips for Gladion? I have no clue, but he seems like a new face?

Whoever it is (probably wrong anyway), their voice acting is okay: given the dub's "quality" these days, I definitely expected worse. Still, he's kind of monotone and deep in places that require more emotion imo at times, but all things considered, it's listenable.

Ben Phillips does voice Hobbes

Just started watching on the website. First impression: I like Gladion's voice.

I too liked Gladion's voice, although I agree it was a bit flat at times. That could, of course, improve over time when we see more of him. The stakes in this episode weren't super high, there wasn't much to express emotion over, so I give the flatness gets a pass for now.

Aside from that, this was a nice episode to actually be introduced to Gladion and get a bit more background on Lillie. The battles weren't really catching my attention, although I did enjoy seeing Gladion in action. I think he's got an interesting personality that over time can get even better if they develop him the right way.

Is it just me or did Ash and the co. say Lycanroc during the WTP without saying its Midnight Form? I know this is weird because in SM015, Ash, Kukui and Rotom say Lycanroc by its different form by Midday, of course. SM015 they used a Lycanroc (Midday Form), but here they used the same one by a (Midnight Form) without saying this form at all. This is also related to those that have an Alolan Form.

OH OH OH OH!

View: https://twitter.com/EddyTZenLee/status/898977381473333248

mqdefault.jpg

Yep, the word is out! Eddy Lee is well and truly Gladion!

View: https://twitter.com/EddyTZenLee/status/898976973682167808

I thought Edgelord's voice was fitting~ And the episode was alright~ Nice to see Midnight Lycanroc in the Anime and I liked how he patted Ash's Rockruff on the head at the end.

I thought there would have been more, IDK, surprise factor around him being Lillie's brother and more about how he left than just, he wanted to train alone, but it's still pretty early in the series, so I wasn't expecting too much anyway.

Gotta say, Ash is annoying AF, tho, LMAO~ If I was Gladion, I would have pimp slapped him following me around for a battle~ I'm actually kinda surprised he agreed fairly easily~ Also a bit weird how Lillie didn't see Gladion walking away, even if she was far away. Like how did she not notice him leaving her line of vision as she was leaving?

I didn't care too much for this episode, mainly because it focused on 2 Pokemon that I really dislike. And Ash's dog annoyed the crap out of me so much it's not even funny. I did enjoy seeing Gladion's Lycanroc being in an Ultra Ball though. We need to see more Pokemon in different Poke Balls (especially now since that's one notable feature of Sun and Moon).

I would have hoped to see more interactions between Lillie and Gladion. They literally only spoke once in the entire episode. Also, based on what Lillie said, I can't understand why she thought Gladion was so different from previously. I mean, he was still kind to her. Sure he acted more distant, but it's not like he was some cruel, evil person. Oh well, only she knows I guess.

Anyway, the highlight of this episode for me was easily seeing Continental Crush and Ash getting the word to head to Akala Island. Otherwise, this episode was pretty boring to me. I'd give it a 5/10.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom