• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP34: A Crowning Moment of Truth!

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons
Justin Anselmi
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Emily Jenness
Marisa Kennedy
Michael Liscio Jr.
Suzy Myers
Lisa Ortiz
Scottie Ray
Eileen Stevens
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

They didn't update the credits for Lana'a Z-Ring so at this point the next credit change won't be for a few episodes

Who's that Pokemon:

View: https://youtu.be/PdSW9tbgJ6M

Pokedex Entries

View: https://youtu.be/yAKr5WGbWgU

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons
Justin Anselmi
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Emily Jenness
Marisa Kennedy
Michael Liscio Jr.
Suzy Myers
Lisa Ortiz
Scottie Ray
Eileen Stevens
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

They didn't update the credits for Lana'a Z-Ring so at this point the next credit change won't be for a few episodes

Presence of Carter Cathcart appears to confirm that he voices Marowak, could be wrong

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons
Justin Anselmi
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Emily Jenness
Marisa Kennedy
Michael Liscio Jr.
Suzy Myers
Lisa Ortiz
Scottie Ray
Eileen Stevens
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

Yeah, it seems like it. But I'm sure it will be added once Ash's Rockruff evolves into a Lycanroc Dusk Form in SM037. I am a bit disappointed about the Who's that pokemon? for SM033, because no one add who reads it. It's not Ash and the Alolan Gang, for Pete's sake. It's Ash, Lana, Rotom and that fisherman. Can someone add it asap? Because the other people who watched that say the same thing.

Yeah, it seems like it. But I'm sure it will be added once Ash's Rockruff evolves into a Lycanroc Dusk Form in SM037. I am a bit disappointed about the Who's that pokemon? for SM033, because no one add who reads it. It's not Ash and the Alolan Gang, for Pete's sake. It's Ash, Lana, Rotom and that fisherman. Can someone add it asap? Because the other people who watched that say the same thing.

Can't make any edits at the moment, would if I could

I love Lana episodes, but I also really love Kiawe episodes, so for me the Akala Island arc has been pretty awesome. I did also enjoy this episode in the Japanese, so getting to see it dubbed was nice. I think they did a good job with this one.

I still think Kiawe has one of the best voices this series. I think it's a great mix of his passion, seriousness, and silliness. This episode was pretty much all the passion and more serious side, and it was totally believable. I absolutely love it every time Kiawe uses his Z-Move. The animation is so cool (yeah, I know it's recycled, but I just really like the poses darn it) and the way he does the whole build up to it is really cool as well. It's a highlight of the dub for me.

Plot wise, the episode was really fun. I love learning about Kiawe's childhood and hearing about his respect and admiration for his grandfather. I think it was also pretty clear before, but this episode actually cemented that his grandfather is no longer around, which makes the whole backstory/aspect of Kiawe's character that much more moving.

I also just really love the bond Kiawe has with Tortunator. It's one of my favorite trainer/Pokémon relationships in a while. Marowak and Tortunator was cute and funny at the end, I just hope they don't overplay it like they tend to do with a lot of the Pokémon rivalries, because then it just gets annoying.

Also, Hiker David was an absolute gem. I probably laughed harder than I should've, but it was just so funny for some reason? Now Kiawe knows how we all felt during his damn trial in the games :p

A brilliant episode I feel, was rather disappointed that Quilava didn't get a speaking role yet Flareon, Darmanitan and a few others did, I like hearing Bill Rogers as Quilava

Really pleased that Kiawe caught an Alolan Marowak like he has in the games, it certainly has quite a character

This was a pretty great adaptation of the fire trial from the games! Like everyone else, the highlight of this episode for me was the Hiker David photobombs (the dub gave him the perfect voice BTW). But there were other great parts too, like Litten and Pikachu's reluctance to wear the crown and Marowak's rivalry with Turtonator (and I normally find Pokémon rivalries grating).
The only thing that I think could make this better is Kiawe's family showing up outside of flashbacks. I feel like it would be cool if they were cheering him on during the battle. Also, if Olivia had a bunch of replicas of the crown on hand, then why did Marowak feel the need to steal it and Kiawe to get it back? But in any case, this was a great Kiawe development episode and a great episode in general!

For what this episode wanted to be, it was fine. Hiker David was the best part with his (or their, I guess) photobombing. However, as a whole, I didn't like this episode.

One reason was Oliva. She's supposed to be the Kahuna and did nothing to help get back the treasure of Wela Volcano. After Kiawe failed, she should have marched up to Marowak's place and tried to get the crown back. Even if for story purposes she wouldn't have gotten it, she should have at least tried. To see her literally spend an entire day doing nothing while Hiker Davids and Kiawe did her job was really annoying.

The main reason I didn't like this episode was because it didn't need to exist, or at least not now. This episode should have been the Fire Trial. They were at Wela Volcano Park and Hiker David even appeared. The previous episode was about Totem Wishiwashi being battled and Lana obtaining a Waterium-Z. This episode should have been Ash battling Totem Salazzle (or hell even a Totem Marowak since we know that exists in USUM). It makes no sense to have the Water Trial in the previous episode, while this one is just Kiawe catching a Pokemon that he could have already had. They could have easily just given Kiawe his Alolan Marowak from the start of the series instead of Turtonator, as it really makes little sense that he just caught his main Pokemon from the games and manga. If they really needed him to catch his main mon, it could have happened at some other time before or after this episode. Now moving forward, things are getting even weirder with the Island Challenge since there was not even anything suggesting the existence of Totem Salazzle/Marowak or a Fire Trial. That was where this episode disappointed me.

I give it a 5/10.

Finally after days of being in Ottawa, time to talk about the newest episode. So the fire festival, I like the fact that they showcased all of the fire starters and that they treated the Wela crown as being something important to them, I love fire mons so this already grabbed my attention. That Wela crown was so important it Alolan Marowak to join in too and Kiawe catching it in the end was worth it. Finally he doesn't have just Turtonator and has a bit more diversity with not just a Fire/Dragon type but a Fire/Ghost as well and I haven't said this in a while but, the Dub of this episode was really good: Great Acting/Dialogue/Music which after checking around this thread kept apparently 6 JP tracks, I didn't even notice because of how good the music balance between both versions especially was in this one and of course no TR in this one is always a plus for me. So I shall this episode an 9/10, I would say it's better than episode 33 but both were great regardless.

So we have the fire totem now then? that would be two quick episodes getting two of the trials out of the way. Kiawe already did it like 5 years ago though, right?

I wonder how long that queue was. I'm assuming 12 hours.

and of course Alola Marowak is evil when Ash wants to do it. Ugh.

The battle music in the background makes this badass. Don't remember which it was for though. This the Totem music?

HIKER DAVID. Although there are 500 of him. Pokemon sure love their extended families.

If this Marowak has Flash Fire, he's screwed. Then again I aint even sure it has that ability.

He needs to be careful he doesn't break that crown... he'd get in so much trouble, lol. Also my guess is that move was Hex.

Lol, I did keep saying a Z move would be awkward to miss eventually. Poor Kiwawe.

This is why you need more than one Pokemon, main cast.

Ash really needs to train his other guys.

Quick Attack didn't really achieve anything there...

Olivia, you're a rock type trainer - deal with it your self instead of sending David, David and David.

Shell Smash, I was thinking Hyper beam lmao. Turtonator gonna be an ninja now.

Imagine it didn't wanna be caught, that would've been awkward. Least dude got himself a strong Pokemon.

I always wondered if a Pokemon could get stuck in that hole. ...I thought it would be sticky.

I enjoyed the episode. Hoping everyone else gets some Pokemon too.

...LMAO goddamn it David.

Feel like it shoud've been a trial but ah well. Least we saw the most hilarious part of gen7.

Why do three hikers only have one Magmar?
Maybe only one owns is and the others are there for support or neither one owns it and it's just a Magmar that befriended it, or they just found it and felt like they should take care of it.

Well, this was one action-packed episode.

I thought the Wela Crown ceremony to be a very interesting concept. Nice seeing Alolan Marowak here.

Eh... I kinda felt that it stealing the crown was unnecessary. I mean, if it wanted a power boost from the thing, it could have maybe waited in line like the others. This would have been better beneficial to all, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The appearance of the three Hikers was pretty unexpected, though I am real glad the writers decided to put the reference. Kiawe's reaction at their annoyance was priceless. :LOL:

Man is that Alolan Marowak strong. Poor Kiawe took a hard defeat there. :unsure: I can totally understand see him feeling down and depressed about it. :unsure:(y)

Liked how Ash tried to cheer Kiawe up and motivated him to train for a rematch. And I gotta agree with Ash; defensive plays are not always the best. :p

Turtonator learned Shell Smash. That's awesome. And damn, its speed after one Shell Smash! :eek:

Kiawe catching the Marowak was nice. Wonder if Marowak and Turtonator will ever battle again.

LOL'd at the Hikers photobombing. :ROFLMAO:

Nice Kiawe focus episode overall. I'll give a 9.5/10. (y)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom