• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP35: Currying Favor and Flavor!

My biggest disappointment was Ash beating Hala so easily, honestly thought he'd be the MVP of the Kahunas. Does make me wonder where the story is going though.

My biggest disappointment was Ash beating Hala so easily, honestly thought he'd be the MVP of the Kahunas. Does make me wonder where the story is going though.
I'd assume it works the same way gyms do: they scale to the level of the challenger, so the Kahuna wouldn't go full power against a newcomer.

I'd assume it works the same way gyms do: they scale to the level of the challenger, so the Kahuna wouldn't go full power against a newcomer.

That's quite possible, thought after he knew Tapu Koko gave him the Ring etc, he'd have gone hard on him.

Would would you use a Fire type against a Rock type Kahuna? never change Ash... or do. Oh, it's a dream. I did get confused since Bulba said "grass trial".

I thought it was going to be something dumb like the Voltorbs power the Pokeball plant and theyre on strike so Ash can't have his battle right now but that still wouldn't have made sense unless the trial only used one Pokemon already out. Ehhh starting off with a dream is annoying. It's thrown me off.

Olivia sucks at opening doors.

So she's tricking Ash into the trial it seems... since I recall having to get ingredients for a curry in game or something? I also remember all the sexual innuendo that ensued...

Why does Mallow not know what a Fomantis is? pfft, what a bad Grass type trainer. Guess she's not that in here though...

Damn, Ash actually thought of sending Rowlett. Although I don't think you can trust that lazy sleepy bird. Thought not. Ash needs a new Rowlett.

Not sure why you'd send everyone at once and not just Mallow or something. Or not just go to a shop? order it off Ebay.

Finding those items was too easy and too "lol I found it by accident"

"I'm gonna use two". Ash, that's cheating.

I expected Ash to watch as Mallow did it like Lana before, lol. Shame Ash didn't do the other two...

I did call the trick at least. "you passed the trials". Dude he did one. Dammit anime stop breaking the rules.

Ash and the anime broke too many rules for it to be that good! I guess in srs it was decent enough. Ash should've known about Solar Blade with Solar Beam but I guess that'd be too much meta gaming. No Trumbreak after Castform died either? ehhh.

Oh so, the Grass-type trial is here. Finally the writers realize Ash needs some focus too. :p

Okay, so I was honestly surprised seeing Ash battle Olivia in the beginning of the episode. I mean Ash hadn't even performed any Akala Island trials by then. Glad it turned out to be a dream.

I don't know what to think of that Turtonator-Marowak gag. :unsure::rolleyes:

Wonder what Olivia told Mallow to do.

Nice Fomantis debut. Aww, they look so cute sleeping like that. :X3::love:

Rowlet doing Rowlet things. Though, that was annoying to be honest. (n):mad:

Ash using Rockruff to help navigate the tunnel was very clever.

So, the cave leads to Lush Jungle. That's strange, and convenient, at the same time. (y):p

That sudden Lurantis appearance was scary. :eek::eek: Then again, so was it in the games.

Good to see Litten being used in battle. I don't remember it being used in a battle with Ash before, so this was great.

Yay! Castform! (y):love:

So, Litten performs Breakneck Blitz for the first time. That came as a surprise, but it was awesome. (y):X3:

The group photograph was cute. For some reason, I was hoping for a photobomb. :p:oops:

For some reason, clearing this trial alone makes Ash eligible for the Grand Trial. Err... whatever. Can't wait to see how that goes out. Hopefully Ash uses his Grassium Z then.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom