• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S20 EP41: Mounting an Electrifying Charge!

Who's That Pokemon!?:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvzPwrXV02E&feature=youtu.be

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Marissa Kennedy
Brian Kim
Michele Knotz
Zoe Martin
Sara Ornelas
Lisa Ortiz
Erica Schroder
Caroline Spinola
Marc Thompson

Who's That Pokemon!?:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvzPwrXV02E&feature=youtu.be

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Marissa Kennedy
Brian Kim
Michele Knotz
Zoe Martin
Sara Ornelas
Lisa Ortiz
Erica Schroder
Caroline Spinola
Marc Thompson

Who reads this WTP? Caption, please.

This episode was fun, even if it did edge a bit too close to the earlier pancake race episode at times. The racing opponents had great designs and were brimming with personality, which is rare when it comes to CoTDs. They felt like they had the amount of effort put into their characters that the recurring league opponents do, so I kind of hope they show up again in other Alolan competitions. I especially loved the science team: their designs and voices were just perfect.

One thing I noticed is that the dub seemingly dropped the references to Natures from the original version, unless I missed something. I was surprised game mechanics such as those were mentioned in the first place, but was even more surprised they were overlooked, since the TPCi dub is usually very good about noticing references like that.

Not as exciting at Alola Kanto I'll admit but this was a good episode

Was great to see Charjabug being given some focus

If I recall, Rebecca Becker was credited in 20.36 so I suspect (but can't confirm) she voices Castform, no doubt Abe Goldfarb voices Boldore again, was nice to hear it clearly instead of being among background voices

Team Rocket, will they ever learn there is no point taking part in an event they have little chance of winning, loved how Bewear rescued them this time

Meowth pretended he couldn't talk in one scene. That was so weird, although I wonder why he doesn't do that more often.

I'm so glad they finally gave Charjabug an episode.

This episode had s lot of funny and enjoyable moments. I like how the boys getting fired up in the beginning of the episode actually manifested into an actual fire that needed to be put out by Snowy. :D Also the PikachuXTogedemaru moments were really cute. :X3:

They gave a lot of these racers some good designs. The purple haired dude with the shiny Charjabug was easily my favorite. I also really liked the competitors that had Ludicolo hats. It was nice that they even tried to differentiate a lot of the Charjabug by giving some accessories like a bow, glasses, and stickers.

The race basically went as expected. I hated how TR once again intruded with a fake Pokemon. I did find it weird that Ash was allowed to jump in between the carts and stop them from crashing. I was under the impression that they could not interfere whatsoever. I can say that I was surprised by Sophocles's idea of using String Shot webs to move smoothly on the ice. Also, I lol'd when he slid on his stomach to get to them. Guess that's one way to do it. :ROFLMAO:

Overall I'd give this episode a 7/10.

This was a fun episode and man again just like with episode 40, the COTD's weren't bad and their voices were also great. Definitely we neeeeeeeeeeeed more characters like this even if it's just for filler episodes like this. I did start to feel as if this episode had a connection with episode 13, but I thought this one was unique enough that it didn't bother as much as it would've. Sophocles getting his own episode was nice seeing as the last time was just about him "moving away", but we clearly knew how that went. So I will give this an 7.5/10 and just like last week's episode TR didn't feel forced this time around so good on them.

Seems like a weird sport but I guess it makes sense. Would you be DQed if it evolved mid race? and I guess it's a good job Ash got him one...

Snowy breaking the forth wall with the fire lol.

Oh the squiggle guy! I remember people posting pics of that guy saying it was Ash's dad.

I'm with Sophcles, running sucks.

Chargabug got over it for... no reason. I guess they needed to kill 2 minutes.

Seeing Ash's face so soon after the new movie... is quite the difference.

Mearini dressed as a human. Lmao ffs. Or is it?... I think it's a human and I was seeing things. My bad.

Pay to win red guy is killing everyone. Dammit EA.

Lol at Chargafail #4.

Damn it Meowth, I wanted you to win. ...Meowth saying his name like an actual Pokemon. Something seems... wrong. And I wonder why Bewear had the idea to make a bike of his own.

Why is Ash getting involved not a DQ? he straight up eliminated another teams player?

Random change to Disney anination with their faces.

Bit silly Sopecles gets to win with a generic bug with a generic car but I guess he had good idea. Also shows that even if you give EA all your money in your pay to win, you won't always pay to win. Was cool to see some sports I guess. I think it would've been more interesting if Kiawe, the big manly dude turned it down saying he doesn't care for it, then Lille the most girly one being hella into it would've been better and into better life lessons but ehhhh it's reet. For filler it was okay but I'm still not sure why Ash wasn't DQed, when that kid said he would've been if he helped his get through the Ice.

edit: I wasn't even aware the Chargabug was shiny.

Oops, I forgot about this episode because I was so hyped over Kanto!

This, to me, had the similar "classic filler" feel that the previous episode did, but this one also brought the SM charm with it that made it much more entertaining than the last one. It was really nice to see the boys and girls split off into two different groups. It was cute to see them interacting with one another, especially when the girls were like "oh, it's just the boys getting fired up again. Let's go get pancakes!" I liked that touch.

The CotDs were much more interesting here as well than the sea folk were. Maybe because they were super jerky (I actually thought the jerkiness level was pretty close to what was presented in the original, if not ever so slightly watered down) and I was actively rooting for them to lose. But I did like that two of the three kind of evolved over the course of the episode and started to show worry over their actions. Character development, no matter how small, in that short amount of time with one shot characters is always a plus for me.

Also, pretty sure I said this for the Japanese airing as well, but I really liked that they showed Ash getting hurt and not being able to just jump back up and carry on with the race. I liked it because not only did it give Sophocles his turn to shine and come out as the hero, but because it was actually realistic! Half the time when Ash is getting hurt the way he does, he shouldn't be getting up so quickly. So I really enjoyed that aspect.

Oh, and the Charjabug race itself was actually interesting. I'm not totally surprised because I'm the strange kind of person who also enjoyed the pancake race. I just think all these Alolan traditions are really cute and fun. Also, who can resist a Charjabug rolling along in a little car?? Not me, that's for sure.

Brian Kim has said on twitter that he voiced Dana, one of the competitors and the man who spoke to Team Rocket.

It seems like Anna became Dawn in this episode. Emily Jenness literally did her Dawn voice, with just a few brief words/phrases that I would consider exceptions. Honestly she did a better Dawn voice than when she came back in Unova and sounded a bit rusty. I just went back and checked the other episodes Anna was in and she didn't sound like Dawn at all. Was she not voicing Anna before (I could easily believe it was her before, but why the sudden change to Dawn voice)? I guess I don't mind because I liked the voice she did for Dawn, but its a bit weird when its coming from a different character and weird its not the same voice she had the rest of the series. Maybe she is trying to prove she can still pull it off, not that it would impact the decision to bring Hikari back at all, but it sure would be wonderful.

Another sports episode?! Let's see how this goes!

Snowy freezing the victory fire of the boys cracked me up. :ROFLMAO:

Eh... I wanted Sophocles to be the support runner, cuz, you know Charjabug is his Pokémon, but oh well! I can totally see why that decision was taken. (y)

Pretty sure it's not a good idea to force a Pokémon to participate in an event if they are not motivated. :unsure:

Gaah! Horacio's team consists of such jerks for no apparent reason. Sophocles, you tell him! :mad:

IT'S A MEOWTH-ABUG, PEOPLE! :eek::D

The track course was pretty interesting actually.

The team names are so COOL! :X3::X3:

Sophocles's Charjabug using Ash as a ramp was quite clever. (y)

Pretty sure the tires on the Charjabug's cart couldn't all be the size of Moomoo Milk bottle caps, cuz they were clearly different sizes. o_O

Horacio-chan, you annoyed me real quick, and that's saying something! :rolleyes::mad:

Wow, that Castform got some sick strats up its sleeve. :eek::cool:

I really loved how Sophocles swapped places with Ash as the support runner, considering that's what I wanted all along. (y) Liked how Sophocles used Charjabug's String Shot for a firm grip on the icy terrain. Pretty clever.

SO MUCH CHARJABUG MERCHANDISE! :love::love::love:

Hmm... I actually really liked watching this episode. Charjabug had not done anything of importance since its capture, so it was nice seeing it receive the spotlight here. Plus, this also contributed to the Pokémon-Trainer relationship, and that's always good. :love:(y)

Surprised I didn't notice this till now but Sara Ornelas was originally a VA for Sentai Filmworks before she moved to New York.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom