• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP01: A Dream Encounter!

I love Burnet and Wicke's voice.... I DO NOT LIKE FABA AND LUSAMINES THOUGGHHHH
For Lusamine I thought Laura Post (Ragyo's dub voice for Kill La Kill) or Lydia MacKay (Meltdowner's dub voice for A Certain Scientific Railgun) would have been better voice, since Lusamine here doesn't super sound like a mom I guess?
For Faba I had hoped he wouldn't have such a deep voice... more like a nerdy higher pitched voice but I can't think of a specific actor off the top of my head

Last edited:
From this video its hard to tell, but whoever voices him does do a really amazing job in the more evil parts
I guess that's the main thing. I think in the video here it was him talking as a fake persona than his actually psychotic side

Sadly until it is officially confirmed, it has to remain likely role
May's Munchlax was voiced by Carter Cathcart (under the Billy Beach name) after TPCi took the dub over. I think we can assume it's him unless we find out differently.

True but Bulbapedia require confirmation from a reliable source, not our assumptions
Yeah, but can anyone tell me why Turtonator is listed with the other Pokemon of this page even though it's not here? It only appeared in the magazine of this episode but never in episode itself, only Marowak appears here. Can you remove Turtonator in the list of Pokemon? It doesn't seem to be in this episode anyway, but Kiawe's Marowak does.

It's been a while guys. I also didnt realise it was 8 episodes lol... I was just waiting for the first to be uploaded, only for 8 at once lmao. Guess I'll be in for a busy few days I guess. Haven't posted on here in months cuz Ultra Sun killed my intrest in Pokemanz for a long time. Also they tok about 326 years to air episode 44.

Ash and Pikachu show up and Nebby x2 shows up lol. seems likely. Probably a dream.

I thought Gladian was trying to pull off his Legendary Type: Null's head lol. That's another thing I kept up with - Type Null = legend, UBs = not, the Pokedex lied to me!

Ah, a new theme to get used to. Seems... generic and weird. ALSO, Z FORM LILLE? hyped.

Me and Ash are the same. I also overslept today, 15 mins to a course. Whoops. No one seemed to care, though.

Litten used Tail Whip. It's super effective.

Ash playing with the two big Nebkunchans was a dream after all.

Wait I thought Burnet was Kukui's wife. I guess not in the anime? then again I vaguely recall seeing people posting on Reddit about this for a future episode I guess... I'll leave what I recall to spoilers.

Altar of the Sunne? I guess Sun is canon. Also, Lusamine doesn't sound evil enough. I don't think any of the voices fit these Aether Members but I suppose I'll get used to it. Head canon voices for ya. I thought Lusamine would sound "evil", Faba "fabulous" and Wicke high pitched/excited etc.

I'm pretty sure 99% of people seeing the episode know what a Cosmog is lol. This isn't a Squishie situation in which it was actualy new. Also, since it's Ash, I wouldn't be surpirsed if a Groudon ACTUALLY showed up. Also, I missed Lana. She's such a cute troll.

NEBBY USE SPLASH. ...I wonder how they determine what a Pokemon is. Do they beat the crap out of it to determine its typing?

Lille is a nerd lol.

Lmao, forcing Kiawe to deal with it. I guess he does have exp with his sister. Kiawe best dad. AshKetchup worst dad.

Steenee beating up Rowlett... for some reason. I mean it was her fault it was acting weird from that Sweet Scent.

I think Nebby would die if you only fed it sweets. Just make lettuce in the shape of stars I guess.

Lusamine trying to be a good mum. I'm scared. Lille being a tsundere lol.

"meet my team. Ignore the Team Skull guys hiding in the background, we totally don't hire them and beat them up to look good"

They need to update that poster with the new UBs lol.

"Solgaleo. Lunala. Lusamine." Best Pokemon. You do beat her up that one time. I wonder if she'll spirit Digivolve in the anime, or go Ultra Sun way where she's not evil for some reason... but still likes to murder.

Also Ash really should let Aether look after them. I mean technically not cuz gameslol but Ash has no way to know that.

Pretty good episode, good to see Pokemanz back. Looking forward to UBc coming to try and kill everyone I guess lol. Also, Z form Lille.

Alright! Finally, the new season has started! Back to reviewing episodes and especially so for this one because the Pokemon twitter account actually did a live tweet of the whole episode and it was so surreal to see the Dub live tweet anything. As you guys can tell I'm already excited with what Ultra adventures is going to be giving us. Now for the actual review: Quite an interesting way to showcase legendary Pokemon through a literal dream sequence and hello Nebby you're going to be a thing this season now aren't ya? Gladion and Type:Null YES! Ash being late for school.... shock. So the Aether crew is finally here and Burnet too, I sense quite a bit of things are going to be happening with them around. Tapu Koko again when was the last time we've seen you here? So now everyone finally meets Nebby and they had Lillie address it even though Ash technically owns it. So it's favorite food is star candy... wonder what it's Japanese name was? So Ash and Lillie meets the Aether crew for the 1st time and oh dear mommy issues... Lillie's gonna love this. So Nebby's a Pokemon everyone's going to want to keep an eye on. Big things are going to be happening this time around compared to last season I know it. So, I'll give this a 10/10 because of No TR, a very good story and introduction to the Aether crew and Nebby of course, the Animation and Solgaleo/Lunala foreshadowing, great dubbing as always from this show and music that fits the scenes in question to a T. A very strong start to the new season if you ask me and giving all the promotion behind it I can definitely see why it got such attention. Will be looking forward to reviewing more episodes as in the Narrator's voice "As the Journey continues".

The Aether Foundation's dynamics are so damn funny. They're like a group of school friends and are surprisingly playful with each other. Also, Lusamine is bae. Her interactions with Lillie were so funny.

This was a nice way to start the new season! It did a nice job of introducing the Aether characters and intermixing them with the characters we already know. We also got a really nice look at everyone's personalities (the return of Lana screwing with the rest of the class was so good.)

Nebby is so cute! The baby giggles are so precious. I'm probably one of the few people who enjoys when there's a baby Pokémon around (they're just too cute!) so I'm excited to have Nebby around for a little while.

Burnet and Wicke both have really great voices. Lusamine's is not what I expected but it grew on me a bit as the episode went on. Faba's voice is definitely not what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be more high pitched/nasally. It's pretty deep! Not a bad voice by any means, just not what I was imagining in my head. I'm sure it'll grow on me as well, especially when they start having deeper scenes.

Also, there were some great lines this episode. When Ash handed the crying Nebby over to Kiawe and was like "hey, take care of this for me. Thanks!" That was super funny. I actually laughed out loud at the delivery. Same with Kiawe's frantic singing. I laughed and smiled a lot this episode and genuinely enjoyed it.

Really excited to have a whole week of new episodes to look forward to!

This was a promising start to a new season! I relate to Ash a lot at the beginning: I have a hard time getting up in the morning on weekdays, much less remembering my dreams.

OK, I can safely say everything about Nebby is adorable. Normally I’m wary of the baby-like Pokémon because they usually end up as baggage for the group, but knowing what kind of Pokémon it is and what it will evolve into – unlike the characters at this point, of course – has made me appreciate its positive qualities a lot more.

Not sure I really like the direction they took with Lusamine, though. She’s supposed to me the doting overprotective mother, which is basically the opposite of what she is in the games. It just makes Lillie’s retorts seem petty and spoiled in comparison. It would be interesting if that was just a front, but Faba already comes across as more potentially villainous than her. Which is a lot less original IMO – we have plenty of male mad scientist antagonists already.

Dub-wise, I already don’t mind the music and script direction as much as others do and this episode didn’t do anything to change that. As far as the voices go I feel like Lusamime’s and Burnet’s should have been switched with each other. Wicke sounds younger than I thought, but she also looks younger. Faba’s is pretty perfect for his character though.

Alright, so it's Ultra Beast time!

Gladion's appearance was unexpected for sure... At first, I was surprised, but then I adored Type:Null's reaction to Cosmog's birth.

Cool to see the Altar of the Sunne/Moone/err... in the anime.

So basically Ash's dream was a fantastical version of a real world event. Yeah, I take it to be that way.

Damn Litten, you savage... :cool::p

Ah, it's Professor Burnet, AND it's Lusamine! *shrieks* :X3::X3::X3:

Good to see Faba and Wicke in the anime as well. As always, Faba's snide attitude is such a pleasure to watch. ;)

Cosmog, its fate with the bag is rigid. :LOL:

Liked how Lillie was the one to nickname Cosmog in the anime. Hope we get to see more of the two together.

Liked how Steenee used Sweet Scent to calm Nebby down. Could have used it from the get-go, though. :rolleyes: Also, did Steenee hit Rowlet intentionally this time?!

The group's reaction to Nebby's food denial was hilarious. Also, star candies... Hmm, I guess I should have expected. :p

Wow, Lusamine sure is over-the-top affectionate with Lillie. Ah, not sure how I feel about this derailment from her game character just yet.

So, Ash and Lillie learn about Ultra Beasts. That's great! Also, I am glad Lusamine decided to let Ash keep Nebby with him... does that mean no Lillie-Cosmog development?! :eek::(

This was a fun, adventure-filled start to a new season. And yeah, I expect it to only get better from here.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom