• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP04: A Masked Warning!

Beginning to think that Havan Pachall voices Nebby now

Confirmed Roles:
Sarah Natochenny: Ash
Laurie Hymes: Lillie
Roger Callagy: Rowlet, Rotomdex
Abe Goldfarb
Emily Jenness: Snowy
Eddy Lee: Gladion
Michael Liscio Jr.
Lisa Ortiz: Litten
Haven Paschall
Lori Phillips

Likely Roles:
Michael Liscio Jr.: Lycanroc
Haven Paschall: Nebby
Lori Phillips: Umbreon

Last edited:
...three episodes in a row of stock footage to start? k den.

A rock type likes being washed. Weird. Oh, Rotom called it out on that too.

Well, Litten's gonna die to Lycanrok. He's so mad lol. Ash died instead. Should've seen that coming.

Ash having to be saved by a Normal type when he has a Rock Type lol.

...I've been pronouncing Slyvally wrong lol

"I was thinking of you and then I was teleported to you". Lol, I'd be concerned as to why he was thinking of me.

So a Nihilego tried to kill Lille years ago lol. Was probably mad she had stole Nihilego's appearance. Wait, we're not supposed to know what it's called yet.

Gladian calling out Ash for saying something that doesn't have logic. Is Gladian an UB too?

I figure that Lycanrok should fight his other self, Type Null stealing the Thunder. Which is a move I assume Type Null can learn.

Sword Dance looking like the games for once. Cool. Shame Air Slash wont be boost lol. Then again, anime logic lol. Leer+Solar Beam lol.

Nebby can't even use Screech lol. Shame Ash didnt get to beat another Legendary.

A Premier Ball? cool. Although how did he get it in one!? we can't!

I feel like this type of Ash would be the type to break that promise.

Day 4 of the marathon and they were right... Man, Lillie's backstory with the Nihilego was kinda F'ed up and young Gladion was there too witnessing this. No wonder she doesn't touch Pokemon sad. So what happened with Ash's Lycanroc that made it so mad? Sure Type:Null but, that too came out of nowhere for me. Gladion trying to go after ultra beasts huh? I guess not surprising due to what happened with Lillie.... wonder how Ash is gonna take all this is in especially since he has Nebby with him. Eventually that Type:Null is gonna turn into Sivally, but when is that thing going to evolve? I'll give this an 9/10 a pretty intense episode between Gladion and Ash, that tragic backstory with Lillie and great to see Hobbes again since I believe episode 30?

3 episodes in a row of that exact same "Lillie writing in her diary" opening scene. Sigh.

I'm just going to say that this whole episode felt a little weird to me. Like...it almost didn't fit in with everything else that's been going on. It's obvious Ash had to meet up with Gladion in order to meet Silvally and start to understand Lillie's backstory with the Ultra Beasts, but the whole thing felt really shoehorned and out of place. I mean, the episode starts with Ash bathing his Pokémon (a pretty lengthy scene at that...I usually like that cute and casual stuff but that one lasted a bit too long for me) and then he just randomly thinks about Gladion and Nebby transports them to him. It just felt really forced.

I also got really bored with Ash and Gladion's battle. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to not liking to watch battles, but I felt like this one was pretty stale anyway. It felt like the same two moves over and over again. And Lycanroc freaking out over its fur in the middle of the whole thing was lame. I actually think the whole idea of it losing its mind over being dirty is weird. Like it's such an extreme rage and it honestly comes across as silly. I'm glad Gladion pointed out it's because Lycanroc is immature and needs to grow more, because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it at all. Still, I think it's an odd addition to Lycanroc's personality. They could've done something better with that theme of immaturity.

This is one of those episodes where the classmates are all missing, and honestly, I really felt it. I like that the writers don't force them into episodes where they don't really need to be there, but Ash and Gladion can't really carry an episode on their own, in my opinion.

The best part of the episode is when Gladion was questioning Ash, trying to figure out what makes him so "special." It almost felt like a breaking of the fourth wall, the way fans like us always wonder why Ash is chosen for all this stuff; the legendaries, the special Pokémon forms, etc. So I did chuckle at that.

Otherwise, this episode definitely knocks the previous one out of the spot for my least favorite episode in this marathon so far. In fact, this is probably one of my least favorite episodes of the entire SM series. A rare miss in this series for me.

Meh, didn't care much for this episode. Seeing Gladion and Type: Null again was nice, I also like how Gladion calls Type: Null Silvally since he named the Silvally species in the game. I didn't however like seeing the annoying rock mutt act like an asshole once again. Like seriously, getting pissy and upset because his fur got dirty? It was Ash's fault for scaring Ltten. Get mad at Ash, not the innocent kitten.

I did like that we finally found out why Lillie is afraid to touch Pokemon. I would be too if I got strangled by a Nihilego. But what the heck, she erased from memory? What is this Mystery Dungeon? :p Gladion interrogating Ash with questions was funny to see. And I love how he pointed out that there was no logic in having that battle. Also, it seems that Ash is one of those kids who goes on YouTube and gets a kick out of saying he was first, lol :D

The battle itself was pretty meh. I only really enjoyed it because Lycanroc got smashed with an ax to the face by Silvally. The vicious monster hound is what ruined the the battle by once again losing it over getting dirty. Really, that's such a weird trigger for such an extreme rage.

The Detective Rotom part was funny. I like how he was trying to get Litten to help him with his stuff, but Litten was just not about to get up. He didn't even go watch the show with him. Lol.

Overall, the episode was fine, but nothing super exciting. 7/10.

3 episodes in a row of that exact same "Lillie writing in her diary" opening scene. Sigh.

I'm just going to say that this whole episode felt a little weird to me. Like...it almost didn't fit in with everything else that's been going on. It's obvious Ash had to meet up with Gladion in order to meet Silvally and start to understand Lillie's backstory with the Ultra Beasts, but the whole thing felt really shoehorned and out of place. I mean, the episode starts with Ash bathing his Pokémon (a pretty lengthy scene at that...I usually like that cute and casual stuff but that one lasted a bit too long for me) and then he just randomly thinks about Gladion and Nebby transports them to him. It just felt really forced.

I also got really bored with Ash and Gladion's battle. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to not liking to watch battles, but I felt like this one was pretty stale anyway. It felt like the same two moves over and over again. And Lycanroc freaking out over its fur in the middle of the whole thing was lame. I actually think the whole idea of it losing its mind over being dirty is weird. Like it's such an extreme rage and it honestly comes across as silly. I'm glad Gladion pointed out it's because Lycanroc is immature and needs to grow more, because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it at all. Still, I think it's an odd addition to Lycanroc's personality. They could've done something better with that theme of immaturity.

This is one of those episodes where the classmates are all missing, and honestly, I really felt it. I like that the writers don't force them into episodes where they don't really need to be there, but Ash and Gladion can't really carry an episode on their own, in my opinion.

The best part of the episode is when Gladion was questioning Ash, trying to figure out what makes him so "special." It almost felt like a breaking of the fourth wall, the way fans like us always wonder why Ash is chosen for all this stuff; the legendaries, the special Pokémon forms, etc. So I did chuckle at that.

Otherwise, this episode definitely knocks the previous one out of the spot for my least favorite episode in this marathon so far. In fact, this is probably one of my least favorite episodes of the entire SM series. A rare miss in this series for me.

Got bad news since I watched the sub titled version.

That Diary scene is going to happen for the rest of the Aether Arc. Our old Narrator isn't coming back until after it ends.

Am I the only one who found Gladion asking Ash why he keeps having interesting and odd things happening to him a very amusing scene?

Am I the only one who found Gladion asking Ash why he keeps having interesting and odd things happening to him a very amusing scene?

He was asking question EVERYONE would ask of Ash at this point, just that Gladion had the guts and insight to actually ask.

• Stock Lillie footage again? I mean, it’s admittedly cute but come on.
  • That bath scene is quite possibly the best part of the whole episode. Obviously Fire-type cats are gonna hate water. Lycanroc is Rock-type, but he ends up liking it anyway being a dog and all.
  • Whoa, Gladion pulled no punches in calling out Ash and Lycanroc’s arbitrariness. Then again, I wouldn’t either if I remembered seeing my little sister get attacked by a floating tentacle monster.
  • And he calls it Silvally despite the fact that it’s obviously a Type: Null. I see.
  • Couldn’t Ash, y’know, wake up Nebby so it could Teleport him back? Guess he doesn’t want another temper tantrum.
  • Overall, this was an OK episode, better than the last one but not as good as the first two. The actual battling being the least interesting part holds it back a lot IMO.

So, it's a Gladion-focus episode. Alright then.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the stock footage in the beginning LOL.

A Lycanroc that enjoy's bathing? :eek: Liked how Rotom Dex brought that up as well.

Lycanroc chasing Litten down for spoiling its fur was hilarious. :D

Ouch, Ash... #feelsbadman.

Never realized Pinsir were that big a Pokémon. :eek:

Come on, Lycanroc; why you scared? You got the type advantage here.

So, Ash finally learns about Type: Null here. (y) Like how Gladion calls it Silvally. Nice nod to the games there.

So, Nebby is an official Ultra Beast now... Hmm, at least in the anime, it is.

What's that? Lillie was attacked by an Ultra Beast; now that's something to know. :eek:(y) That flashback was interesting. I hope to know some more about it soon.

I giggled when Gladion began questioning Ash and Lycanroc on their arbitrariness. :LOL:

I was hyped for a Lycanroc versus Lycanroc, but never mind. Silvally versus Lycanroc was pretty interesting. Swords Dance's animation looks cool. :p

Err... Not sure why Lycanroc gets so worked up when its fur gets dirty, but whatever. Definitely agree with Gladion though; Lycanroc has a long way growing up if it gets all petty like that.

Damn Nebby is powerful. It cleaned a Pokémon up by just crying! :LOL:

Liked how Gladion pointed out the similarities between Silvally and Lycanroc in similarity to their quirks.

This episode was good. I like how this indirectly contributes to the UB climax and Lillie's character and story. Hope we learn more about the latter soon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom