• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP06: Mission: Total Recall!

Who's reading WTP for this episode? Ash and the Alolan Gang, or Ash, Lillie, Faba and Rotom Pokedex?

Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Daniel J Edwards
Abe Goldfarb
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Michael Liscio Jr
Lisa Ortiz
Jake Paque
Haven Paschall
Lori Phillips
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

WTP:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1-3VxNTGy0

Just got round to watching the dubbed episode, I'm confused. Silvally was shown as a Silvally saving Lillie in the past yet was shown as Type: Null in previous episodes before becoming Silvally in this episode. Hope someone can clear that up for me.

Apart from that, loving the flashbacks of Lillie, always nice to see some of a characters past

Just got round to watching the dubbed episode, I'm confused. Silvally was shown as a Silvally saving Lillie in the past yet was shown as Type: Null in previous episodes before becoming Silvally in this episode. Hope someone can clear that up for me.
Isn't it obvious? It's even explained in the games that Silvally is what came first and the mask was put on it later to restrain its power, thus reverting it into Type: Null.

Exactly what FinnishPokéFan said. The mask was likely put on because of the incident with Nihilego. It is weird Type: Null is even considered to be a separate Pokémon species in the first place considering it's just Silvally with a restraining mask on.

Back to starting with stock footage lol. I figured she'd be too 2spooky5me to write.

Why is Gladian blaming Ash, wot? Nebby did it.

Lol, she Gladian paid for two years in the anime too in that hotel. Fair plays.

How did Faba learn that over night? what a stalker. I guess HE was in the bushes.

FABA HAS A SECOND POKEMON? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!

Reflect destroys moves now. Cool. And Shadow Ball on Umbreon lol. Not Dark Pulse?

Miracle Eye... can't say I remember that move. I vaugely recall Ariados could learn it? ...oh, it'll let Darks be hit with Psychic moves? cool - Faba was prepared. I was also wrong about Bug boii learning it. Darn, a move I was unaware of. That's rare.

Using moves on trainers lol. If it was that easy, Team Rocket should've got a peado- I mean Hypno.

Poor Vulpix lol

That's false Lille, I've sealed bad memories. Like that time Bolton lost 7-0. ...DAMN IT.

Blushing Lille besy Lille.

Now they don't have to be touching for Nebby to teleport? he's getting stronger.

I'm still surpirsed at how early they tell you Gladian and Lille are related +Lusamine. It was such a shock at the end of the game lol. (Or I'm an idiot for not figuring it out sooner)

Lille had ridiculous hair as a kid.

So Faba lied and acted on his own lol. hashtag evil.

Hpyno can steal memories. spooky. Lol, even Team Rocket hve standards! if you removed enough, you could have only bad memories and turn someone evil. maybe all this time, Faba is why Ash is reset all the time... dammit Faba!

Ash using a single target move when there's 2 evil ones lol

Alakazam best Psychic. I feel like you could break all sorts of laws with Teleplrt. And also, do pervy stuff with skirt girls with Psychic. Not like they can so much. Pokemon is a scary world when you think about.

Silvally a nice guy after all lol. Lille scared for no reason.

So that's how holding items works. ...for Silvally at least. I guess Gladian stole it lol. Wonder if he can change 19 times per battle. That would be quick OP. About to be hit by Sludge Bomb? HERE, TAKE THIS POISON MEMORY.

Lille huggy Slyvally. Cute. Guess the no touch thing was one episode only lol. Least it was useful story wise. Also, that doesn't count as evolution, I guess.

In SM there is one part where it's said that there are 3 Type:Null, Gladion's, the one you own and other that is never mentioned. And that didn't stopped Mewtwo...
I recall it was stated there's one in Sinnoh.

Day 7 of the marathon and OK back to intense city again as Faba unsurprisingly wants Lillie to forget about her past but she eventually ends up remembering again and can touch Pokemon alongside Snowy too. I knew that the show was going to portray Faba is the bad guy but, the show really is pushing that point even more so thanks to this episode. So after a couple of episodes Silvally breaks free and now Lillie knows why she couldn't touch Pokemon in the 1st place quite quick I might add. This one will get an 9/10 for me cuz of the story, Lillie and Silvally breaking free of it's mask, Faba and really wanting Lillie to not remember anything at all and just for the arc going somewhere unlike a bit of yesterday's one. I didn't even mind that they got TR in this too since they are kind of aware of Ultra beasts at this moment. Final thing I want to touch on but supposedly this was the 1000th episode for the Japanese version yes? Where would this episode be placed for the Dub then?

Huh? You guys were talking about Silvally, right?

Yes

It's referenced in game (in the first SM I think) that there's one in Sinnoh, which made people expect a remake even more

• Aaaand we’re back to stock footage again. I noticed this one was a little different though, so there’s something.
  • Glad they brought over the “get out” motel from the games. Less glad he doesn’t actually say it to Faba.
  • Yay, Lillie backstory! For someone so fleshed out in the games it’s shocking how we didn’t get much beyond a single picture until now.
  • Unsurprisingly, though, Faba proves to be even more despicable than before that they out-evil Team Rocket. Well, that Alliance didn’t last very long.
  • Yes, it’s true. That thing really did go from Silvally to Type: Null to Silvally again. First instance of devolution in the anime?
  • You can’t spell Silvally without ally after all. And Lillie doesn’t discriminate against Pokémon she’ll touch now, so all’s well that ends well, I suppose.
  • This is a promising start to the arc’s resolution, but it just leaves me craving more! I can only hope the following episodes won’t disappoint.

This was a great episode. I like how there was action and development going on the entire way through. I really like how Gladion met up with Faba at the hotel he chills at in Sun and Moon. I also enjoyed seeing Gladion super overprotective of Lillie throughout the episode, getting pissed at Ash for ever allowing her to see Silvally and going as far as to yell at Lusamine so he could save her. Also Ash mimicking Gladion yelling at him was hilarious.

The moments of Lillie remembering happy times with her family was super cute. The theme of good vs. bad memories that went on in this episode was really nice, and this scene really emphasized that. Then on the other end, the scene were Lillie finally fully remembered Silvally "attacking" her and realized it actually saved her really helped bring everything home. What she thought was a bad memory she never wanted to remember ended up being a great memory that allowed her to break free of the fears that have been holding her back for so long. And that was great.

Lastly, I love how they also included the most important memory, Silvally's Dark Memory for its ability. (I totally forgot these things were called Memories and found my self geeking out at how this all truly fit together perfectly.) It was really great to see how they presented that in the anime. Looks really cool.

Overall this was a great episode. The only parts I disliked were TR taking up time that they didn't need to take up, and Ash's rock mutt attacking poor Litten. I mean seriously, how does that big ugly mutant mutt think attacking a much smaller kitten with a type disadvantage is in any way a fair fight? Ugh, I hate that thing. But minus those two things, this episode was nice. 8/10.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom