• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP08: Family Determination!

When they first show up, the Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o are [threatening], then Kommo-o is [appearing]. It doesn't say anything for the blue wind that knocks Lillie back, though the roaring/golden power-up thing means it's [furious]. The Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o are then [bracing] / [pained] against Snowy's Powder Snow and Silvally's charge. The blue wind shows up this time as [Clanging Scales move], and the big punch after that is just [exertion] (closed captioning can be kind of funny: Silvally had a [land] effect after all of its and Kommo-o's [exertion] and a two seconds after it actually lands). The Jangmo-o that attacks Gladion when he's about to use the Fairy Memory is [furious]. The Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o start [charging] after Lillie says she and Snowy will create a path together. Kommo-o starts [threatening] Gladion and Silvally on their path to victory, then uses [Clanging Scales move] to attack Gladion and Silvally after he throws the Memory. The last thing Kommo-o does is [exertion] as Lillie says that it's attacking (unless you want to count being [pained] after being attacked).

Thanks for confirming, helps Bulbapedia

• Whoa, the title theme changed. Things really are getting more intense.
  • 2204.4 lbs (999.9 kg), ladies and gentlemen. Have we found the epitome of anime physics?
  • Lillie changed her outfit for...what reason, exactly? I guess it's just the obligatory tie-in to her game counterpart – which in turn feels like it borrowed a lot from the XY series, now that I think about it.
  • Well, looks like her "confidence boost" backfired. She epicly failed at each and every one of the puzzles. I guess they’re trying to self-parody how dependent she was in the games.
  • Not gonna lie. That Kommo-mo battle was pretty disappointing. Dropping the Fairy Memory just seemed like a cheap way to make it look harder than it actually ended up being.
  • I knew Ash and co. would catch up eventually, but that soon? And with the bridge out of commission?
  • That Under the Alolan Moon instrumental was epic. They should’ve used it for the actual song.
  • OK, honestly, this was a pretty meh episode for one supposed to be the beginning of the end for this arc. But I’ve heard a lot of good things about the following ones, so I won’t write it off as a complete disappointment just yet.

I really enjoyed this episode. (well the second half of the episode at least). I LOVED seeing Gladion and Lillie team up and go off on their own to try to rescue Lusamine. And Z-Powered Lillie is just as adorable in the anime as she is in the games. I was shocked to see how small Cosmoem was. I legit never knew it was that puny :eek:

It was great seeing Lillie and Gladion take on the Totem Kommo-o (though the battle only made me realize that it's been forever since we've had an Island Trial and Totem battle :( ) But I will say, Gladion skating on the frozen ground from Snowy's Icy /Wind was badass as hell.

I wasn't really a fan of how Ash really didn't seem all too sensitive to Lillie's emotional turmoil. I get that he's always been dense as hell, but this is like a whole new level. I mean, she literally watched her mom get snatched up by a monster that almost killed her personally twice before, and Ash is just over here like "See you at school tomorrow, bye pal". :D Like geez, imagine if that was your mom, Ash. o_O

Anyway, this was overall a nice episode. 9/10 (y)

Faba blame-shifting on Lusamine... Geez! :rolleyes:o_O

Ash picked up Cosmoem just like that?! He picked a 999.9kg Pokémon just like that?!?! :eek::rolleyes:

Family matters, oof! Ash is just trying to help, Gladion. o_O

Wow, Lillie looks determined to rescue her mother. Really like her conviction. (y):X3: And so, Gladion and Lillie set off, but where to...

Oh, the Altar of the Sunne, that's where. Thanks for the lead, Hala...

So, the Poni Island debuts in the episode. Awesome! The Vast Poni Canyon looks magnificent! :love:

Lillie, epic fail LOL.

The Totem battle was short, but interesting nonetheless. It was a fine blend of Lillie's intellect and Gladion's brute. Totally appreciable.

Hope the Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o and Kommo-o would have made to safety before the rock slide... :eek:

Oh, so it's Ash and the others. I knew the group wouldn't be away from the action for long. ;)

Yes, it's always better to be in a larger number when trying to battle a formidable foe. Glad Gladion understands... (y)

Wow, all the four Island Guardians? TOGETHER?! Stuff's about to go down!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom