• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP10: Rescuing the Unwilling!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Having now aired in the UK, thought I would create a thread

Please keep future events in spoiler tags.

Salazzle was Who's that Pokemon?

Cast list:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfield
Marc Swint

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Abe Goldfarb
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Michael Liscio Jr
Lisa Ortiz
Haven Paschall
Lori Phillips
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens
Marc Thompson

Last edited:
I think Rotom Dex said: "Salazzle, the toxic lizard pokemon. A Poison and fire type, and the evolved form of the female Salandit."

so, where's the video for who's that pokemon and 4 pokedex entries for salazzle, milotic, mismagius and lilligant?

Anyone know what the captions say regarding the moves that Lusamine's Pokemon use or where I can find an online video with captions?
Who's that Pokémon=Ash/Mallow/Lana/Sophocles/Lillie/Kiawe/Gladion

For the record, the glowy windy thing Solgaleo used to get through the crystal wall to Lusamine was just captioned as [furious] and [exertion].

Salazzle's purple tail swing thing (just after the Pokédex entry) was just [attacking], and the thing where she surrounded herself with an expanding circle of purple gunk wasn't even given captioning.
Milotic used Hydro Pump, Mismagius used Thunderbolt, Lilligant used Petal Dance, Mismagius used Thunderbolt again, Milotic used Aqua Tail against Steenee's Double Slap, Lilligant used Teeter Dance and Sweet Scent.
Absol used Razor Wind, then Ice Beam, then Mean Look.
Clefable used Moonblast, then Dazzling Gleam twice, then Moonblast again; what looked like but didn't become another Dazzling Gleam while Lillie hugged it was just captioned as [struggling] or [struggling] / [exertion].

That episode was really good. I really liked the scene and its aesthetics, it was interesting to see all of Lusamine's Pokemon. I liked the Ash and friends with all their Pokemon feel and the togetherness. I see they re-used "Ash, I will fight <trainer/pokemon>, you go on ahead!!!", that's ok but it got slightly predictable. My favourite scene was Lillie and Clefable because it showed Lillie's vulnerability and tenderness. The episode, whilst I didn't want it to stop, stopped in a good place. I think there could've been more emotion from Gladion and Lillie but all in all, it was a good episode. I think we should've got a bit more from the professors - maybe a bit of romance or just some more time. I think that the TRio were neglected too and I didn't understand their role in the episode.

I have mixed feelings on this episode. On one hand I liked how there was no pointless stuff minus the short unnecessary scenes of TR and Kukui + Burnett. And I loved the moment with Lillie and Clefable. The flashbacks of her as a child throughout Clefable's life with the Poke Doll were super cute. But at the exact same time, I just didn't like how Lillie was left to deal with Clefable while Ash went after Lusamine. That's Lillie and Gladion's mother and this is their mission. Ash should have been the one to battle Clefable while Lille and Nebby followed Lusamine. And on a similar note, why did Gladion keep saying "my mother" when referring to Lusamine when Lillie was also there and Lusamine is also her mother? Why not say "our mother"? It's just so weird to me because that wording it makes it seem like Lusamine is only his mother even though we know that isn't true.

But anyway, that was the only issue I had. I did think it was funny how this is the first time we've seen Kiawe battle with Marowak since it was captured.

Secondary note, I do like how all of Gladion's Pokemon are in non-standard Poke Balls. A Heal Ball is perfect for Umbreon considering it was in an injured state when Gladion found it. :) 8/10 for this episode.

Salazzle's purple tail swing thing (just after the Pokédex entry) was just [attacking], and the thing where she surrounded herself with an expanding circle of purple gunk wasn't even given captioning.
What? That's clearly Sludge Wave!

Absol used Razor Wind
I could have sworn it was Psycho Cut.

Also, Marowak used Bonemerang on its debut episode, but the subbers missed IT in favor of interprating a normal headbutt as a move? Screw those people and their nonexistent knowledge on Pokémon moves, I say.

What? That's clearly Sludge Wave!
I thought it was Sludge Wave as well - I mean Sludge Wave looks like that in the games :p
I wouldn't know. I don't play the games.

I could have sworn it was Psycho Cut.
I only know what the captions say. ...Though looking at other pictures, it does look like Absol's Psycho Cut is usually shown as a purple blade-like curve (like here; I specify Absol because Gallade's, on the other hand, they can't seem to figure out how to represent :/ ) while Razor Wind is white curves in general (though some are more blade-like or "fat moon"-like while others are all but circular). Supposing it is Psycho Cut, I wonder where the captioners got their info from (I doubt they're just guessing, so the actual dub script? If so, are the script writers guessing, or do they get their own Japanese script with used [but not mentioned in speech] moves included, but they translate the moves wrong?).

Last edited:
I wouldn't know. I don't play the games.

I only know what the captions say. ...Though looking at other pictures, it does look like Absol's Psycho Cut is usually shown as a purple blade-like curve (like here; I specify Absol because Gallade's, on the other hand, they can't seem to figure out how to represent :/ ) while Razor Wind is white curves in general (though some are more blade-like or "fat moon"-like while others are all but circular). Supposing it is Psycho Cut, I wonder where the captioners got their info from (I doubt they're just guessing, so the actual dub script? If so, are the script writers guessing, or do they get their own Japanese script with used [but not mentioned in speech] moves included, but they translate the moves wrong?).
In the past (anime), Razor Wind was white not purple - Psycho Cut actually used to be blue.

I have mixed feelings on this episode. On one hand I liked how there was no pointless stuff minus the short unnecessary scenes of TR and Kukui + Burnett. And I loved the moment with Lillie and Clefable. The flashbacks of her as a child throughout Clefable's life with the Poke Doll were super cute. But at the exact same time, I just didn't like how Lillie was left to deal with Clefable while Ash went after Lusamine. That's Lillie and Gladion's mother and this is their mission. Ash should have been the one to battle Clefable while Lille and Nebby followed Lusamine. And on a similar note, why did Gladion keep saying "my mother" when referring to Lusamine when Lillie was also there and Lusamine is also her mother? Why not say "our mother"? It's just so weird to me because that wording it makes it seem like Lusamine is only his mother even though we know that isn't true.

But anyway, that was the only issue I had. I did think it was funny how this is the first time we've seen Kiawe battle with Marowak since it was captured.

Secondary note, I do like how all of Gladion's Pokemon are in non-standard Poke Balls. A Heal Ball is perfect for Umbreon considering it was in an injured state when Gladion found it. :) 8/10 for this episode.
Don't forget that the voice actors are just puppets who scream whatever the script says into the microphone. Most of the actors used for the dub of this show don't seem to be very knowledgeable about anything that happens in it nor do they seem to care about learning about it. They don't give a damn as long as they get their money. Sad but true.

I love how they decided to give Lilie's big emotional moment to this scene with a pokemon we hardly see before.

At least this one didn't start with the same reused footage from those other episodes.

Nihilrgo's UB world looks a lot cooler than in the games lol. Oh yeah we're not supposed to know Nihilego's name yet, I guess. Okay, UB001-Lille it is.

Shooting the sky, weird lol. Not sure how much that will help tbh. Not like they told them about it. Wonder how they knew which one they were supposed to go to?

I feel like Gladian should have more than 3 dudes if he wants to be a proper trainer.

Oh cool, Mother Beat Lusamine. Shame this one didn't come from her being evil and taking over the world. Not sure how this Spirit Digivolution will play out with her being an unwilling kidnapped or whatever, tbh.

What exaclty are their plans here lol. MB Lusa is just chilling spamming Stone Edge, so all they can do is beat the crap out of her... but I'm sure sure most of them will be up to that lol.

"I've been waiting a long time to expereinece this." ...oh, she's fine with it. Cool. Maybe she'll be a bad guy after all. I doubt it though lol! I wonder how much stronger Biomerge Digivolving with Lusamine makes Nihilego and if she'd be stronger with someone like Gladian, or Lana or not?

HOW DID THEY GET UP?! THEY WERE OUT OF ROCKS!

Huh, beating their mum up afterall.

So a Pokemon uses the negetive emotions of a human to power up and causes the human's twisted desires to be the only thing they care about. Sounds a lot like Digimon Data Squad/Hacker's Memory.

Shame they aren't calling it Nebby any more.

...I swear she didn't have a Salazzle in the games. *checks* I thought not. Is this to make it more obvious for the kids she's working with Team Plasma? or is that not a thing in this series. Prob isn't a thing. Still, I dislike how little the anime is following the story of the games here.

Marowak took no recoil damage.

If only Who's That Pokemon had come 2 mins earlier. Maybe then it would've been a challenge to some kids. We literally just saw it 40 seconds ago.

Milotic using Hydro Pump. Well, at least it's better than the Physical one she was running in the games.

These match ups seem really bad. Fully evolved Pokemon vs base stage+Steenee lol. How does a third stage Grass type lose to a first stage Water type?

Kiawe really needs a second Z move. Get him the Dragon one.

Now she has an Absol? random Poke lol.

Wasn't that Psycho Cut? Umbreon could've just taken it without flinching, lol. Cuz Psy vs Dark.

I feel like Ash should've been left for Absol. It's Gladian's mum, not Ash's lol. Plus... he has the UB killer.

Mean look in the anime, cool. and cool, Lusamine is using 6 Pokemon here.

Lusamine has a competitive level team whilst the kids have first stage Pokemon with first stage moves. Doesn't seem fair the kids are winning lol.

So Clefable is 4 ft and Lille is barely bigger. Damn, she's short.

Lille's being pretty baddass but also pretty dumb. Her and Clefable have a nice backstory at least.

DA POWA OF LOVE! (to the tune of "the power of one" from Pokemon 2000).

Not bad I suppose but they had too many weak Pokemon beating strong ones and are chaging things a little too much for me. Although I'd be fine with all that if it wasn't Ash being the one to free Lusamine... (if he does). This isn't your story Mr, it's the siblings. Yours is later when you take on more trials and Team Skull try and take over the world... or whatever happens later.

Last edited:
This episode was...well, it happened. It was better than the last episode, at least. But still, I'm feeling very conflicted about this one.

First of all, as if Team Rocket's appearances couldn't get even more pointless, here they are. The only excuse for them showing up in the last episode was getting closure, here they...get closure again? I mean, I know they have a lot of fans and all but they've barely been making any good use of them this season.

Secondly, the group's entry into Ultra Space was one of the most anticlimactic journeys between worlds I've seen. I mean, it's not much in the games, either, but at least it was fleshed out a bit with Lillie mentioning it was hard to breathe and the Rotom Dex going mysteriously silent for the first and only time in the game. Nothing of the sort happens in the show, though.

I did like seeing the group split up for the battle, though. We got to see a lot of them in action for the first time in a while. And we can't forget the adorable scene of Lillie calming Clefable with the power of love. I know not seeing much of the Pokémon until now kind of softens the impact, but I thought it was a good way to make up for her comparative lack of a team and battling skills.

Wow, the Ultra Deep Sea looks beautiful... :X3:

Huh... Bewear still does not take Team Rocket back to its den. Are we talking the real deal here? :eek::cautious:

So many Nihilego! I LOL'd when one Nihilego slipped its tentacle over Sophocles. Boy was I expecting another possession! :D

Good to see all the Pokémon out together like that. (y)

Ah... Mother Beast Lusamine. Still, I feel she looks more menacing in the games.

Oh, so Salazzle debuts here. That's good. I like how Kiawe, of all people, agreed to take on Salazzle. Nice reference is nice. ;)

So, anime Lusamine likes to toy with Nihilego as well?! Glad the characters are not as distinct as I had perceived.

MISMAGIUS! :love::love::love:

Lillie versus Clefable was pretty adorable. I like how the writers chose "the power of love" to be Lillie's aid during the battle(?). The flashbacks of her as a child throughout Clefable's life with the Poké Doll were super cute. :X3: Definitely, a good way to make up for her comparative lack of a team and battling skills. (y)

Also, Cleffa! :X3::X3:

Overall, this was a pretty well-written, entertaining episode. I liked how the group split up like that to take on individual threats; always good to see them in action. Yeah, I am definitely hyped. A 10/10 from me. (y)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom