• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP11: 10,000,000 Reasons to Fight!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Anyone know any website
Having now aired in the UK, thought I would create a thread

Please keep future events in spoiler tags.

Absol was Who's that Pokemon?

Cast list:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfield
Marc Swint

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Abe Goldfarb
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Michael Liscio Jr
Lisa Ortiz
Haven Paschall
Lori Phillips
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens
Marc Thompson

Last edited:
Ending in a nutshell:

Deus Ex - The Ketchum Revolution

Anyways tomorrow morning's episode is according to the official UK Twitter account the 1000th episode... Even better is it's that Kukui episode if I'm mistaken.

So not only will we have one of the best (or one of my favourite anyways) S&M episodes but we'll have also beaten both the US and Canada to the punch so take that Teletoon and Disney XD.

Ending in a nutshell:

Deus Ex - The Ketchum Revolution

Anyways tomorrow morning's episode is according to the official UK Twitter account the 1000th episode... Even better is it's that Kukui episode if I'm mistaken.

So not only will we have one of the best (or one of my favourite anyways) S&M episodes but we'll have also beaten both the US and Canada to the punch so take that Teletoon and Disney XD.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's episode, can't help but feel pleased that I'm getting episodes before the US

Really looking forward to tomorrow's episode, can't help but feel pleased that I'm getting episodes before the US
Let's hope that Solgaleo will be a Pokemon for tomorrow's Who's That Pokemon? Maybe it'd be a Munchlax or Luvdisc.

Well, I enjoyed this episode more than the previous one. At least Lillie did play a role in trying to save Lusamine, though I still feel it would have been better if it was her there initially instead of, or even with, Ash. But I can't be that mad since it only makes sense that Ash would deliver the finishing blow being that he is the main character, just as the PC battles her in the games over Lillie. It wouldn't make sense otherwise in that case, but I can't be that upset. Plus, I suppose giving her the 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt was the only thing Ash really did. Lillie climbed up the rock and gave Lusamine the speech, so overall, she did do more.

That said, this episode did feel a lot like, "Well geez, we haven't shown off Z-Moves in a while so lets show a bunch here!". We got Gladion/Lycanroc with Continental Crush, Lana/Popplio deciding to bust out Hydro Vortex for only the second time since first using it, and of course out of nowhere, Ash gains the ability to use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt due to his Electirum-Z just magically transforming for a few seconds. Well, at least they actually gave him the correct Z-Crystal instead of him using it out of nowhere so I suppose I can't be that upset. The only weird this about it was Pikachu putting on Ash's hat for the attack. Yes, we as an audience know why that was to be, but from the perspective of the show, it just seems weird for Pikachu to put on Ash's hat right before using this huge mega attack as if he knew it was necessary....but I digress.

Of course, this episode is lacking in the most important element of all of this, the impact. I just don't think the Aether plot (if you can even call it that) lasted long enough for any of this to have any emotional impact. We've known Lusamine for what, 10 episodes...if even that? The arc started too late and was too short for us to even get to know her or become attached to her. As such, this big finale of rescuing her feels so empty. It's even worse due to the fact that Lusaine wasn't even evil here, nor was this any of her doing. Faba caused all of this and that dude didn't even play apart in the rescue. It all feels just like a random problem as a result of pure bad luck instead of something that's been built up from something.

As such, I am disappointed by this arc as a whole. This episode was fine, I'd give it an 8/10, but for the overarching arc, it could have been so much better.

I really enjoyed this episode especially compared to the last one. It had more emotion from all the characters and in a storyline like this one, emotion is imperative to show the gravitas of the situation. I really was hoping that Lillie would be able to save Lusamine, not Ash and that was a bit annoying because Ash technically did save Lusamine and I was hoping Lillie would use Snowy and Clefable to save her when the rock was destroyed by the Z-Move. I do like that they didn't forget about the other characters and actually gave them a couple of minutes and some funny moments that was nice especially Rowlet and Steenee. They did use a lot of Z-Moves which I felt compromised the team nature of this large-scale operation. Whilst, the last two episodes were put together nicely I must agree with @Sakuraa that the whole arc was rushed and it could've been much better with the Aether Foundation playing a bigger role. Time and time again, the writers try and make things fit in with the storyline and then not give it enough screentime/explanation which is what they did with the Aether Foundation and with Faba (he disappeared?). This arc could've been so much better but it felt like a predictable progression - which is what a lot of episodes are nowadays I feel.

Episode rating: 7/10
Arc rating: 6/10

OK! So I just finished watching both this and and EP10 in my own little 1-hour format and I'm glad I did cuz it was good. I'd definitely say that the last episode was better than this week's because it was great to see everyone fight their own enemies instead of Ash doing all the work, my boy Solgaleo getting some action in there too, Lillie trying to free Clefable form Lusamine's wrath and just being yet another story-driven episode where plenty of things were happening. so for last week's episode will so get this 10/10 for me! Now this week's EP..... kinda didn't like it much to my shock. Things I liked about: The Z-moves were everywhere in this one and yes I do know that Kiawe used his in the last one, Rowlet's own Z-move Rowlaunch ok that's a thing? Ash and Pikachu managing a new Z-move which I'll get to in a moment and just the title for this episode, you know things are gonna happen in this episode with a title like that! And just another story driven episode were plenty of things happened. Now my cons.... Ash and Pikachu's 10 million volt thunderbolt came a bit too soon I feel and just felt like it was there for that moment when the 2 of them can Lusamine and they did, feel we should also gotten more backstory on Lillie and Clefable, Gladion just kinda there helping instead of finishing off his mother, and having Ash's Electrium-Z being the plot device to end Lusamine's wrath his exclusive Z-move. I still liked this one but at least Ep10 didn't end so anti climatic y'know? Plus maybe one more episode to explain Ash's Electrium-Z would've justified what happens in this episode a bit more. So I'll give an 7.5/10, again I liked this episode but I felt like things were just going by so quick especially concerning the Z-moves in this one.

I really liked this episode. Seeing so many different Z-Moves in one episode was really cool, and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt was so awesome. The way they animated the poses and the actual attack had me awestruck. This was a really visually stunning arc, especially with the Lusamine/UB scenes (which, especially in this episode, were actually pretty gross, but the fact that they were means they were presented in such a way that I actually felt that so I think that's pretty impressive!)

The classmates declaring that they're the "best team ever" I thought was very cute. And honestly, the way they were handled this entire arc, and in particular this episode, was really great. I like that they all split up, did their own things, but ultimately still helped out. I still maintain that I think the writers are doing a decent job handling the amount of characters they have. Sure, their character development is still lacking in quite a few areas, but the fact that they're not just shoehorning the characters in or neglecting them to the point of oblivion is encouraging.

Overall, I enjoyed this arc a lot. I do also wish Aether had been a bit more delved into, and played a bigger role, but there is still quite a bit of the series left so I'm not sure what (if anything) they have planned for the future. For what we got from the arc, I thought it was enjoyable (much more than Plasma and Flre's) and has re0watchability factor for me.

Skipping Lille's talking this time. IDK why it took me this long to skip it. We don't need a previously on Yugioh for every single episode.

"10 million reasons to fight". - right, so Ash is gonna use that 10 million volt Thunderbolt V mode then? they're not being very subtle.

Why would Ash think putting his foot into it was a good idea. He's lucky he still has a foot.

So I heard that was Razor Wind and not Psycho Cut, even tho it's purple. It's supposed to charge up then, not fire 3 at once! and Fire Memory? I guess it's to burn the Ice but I'd hope he uses a Bug, Fighting or Fairy one after that. ...guess he doesn't wanna be Super Effective, lol.

I Would've liked to see the "new" Rock Z move that the doggos got in Ultra over Continental Crush again.

I guess I assumed they won off screen for no reason. They'll still beat her full evolved Pokemon tho lol

So they have to charge Solar Beam but not Razor Wind.

Ehhhh these kids should've lost. Milotic losing was fair with that double attack but nah, not the others. Honeslty, this arc should've come near the end when they'd all have (lol) fully evovlved Pokemon because these first/middle stage Pokemon beating Lusamine's fully evovled Pokemon with UB boosts is too unrealistic. Not even sure a Hydro Vortex would do the job. Unless it was like, level 12.

I guess no one won after all lol. That's better. Gladian and Kiawe winning was fine. Also, how is that NOT Sludge Wave? "none of Salazzle's moves are known" my ass.

Pikachu starting off these Electro Balls off as though hes using Volt Tackle is such a troll.

We totally didn't just see an Absol, WTP. I wish they were all random.

Or have the Legendary beat up the Nihilego lol. I guess it might hurt Lusamine... but like, it's better than her ending the world lol.

Steel type memory. Smart. Shame it's only nuetreal on Nihilego, though

"I already used Continental Crush". - this is a different battle mate.

10 million Volt Thunderbolt! omg! I'm shocked! ...the real question is how Ash knew how to do that and knew what dance to do. WTF. At least it looked exactly like the move in game, so that's cool. Although Pikachu put the hat on for no reason lol.

and now the Crystal is gone lol. And I guess they're fine with attacking her now?

that's one sticky mother. Shame Ash is the one who stole the Thunder(bolt) and saved the day... when this is supposed to be for Lille and Gladian.

Since this arc is over... I hope they bring in Giovanni as the next bad guy, plus his evil BFFs, cuz otherwise they're out of storyline. Plus Lusamine wasn't even evil, so it was hard to care. I guess Guzma could do something but he's not enough of a threat on his own. Unless this is the shortest anime of them all (and I wouldn't be shocked, we're only 50 episodes in and yet we've gone through the bad guy arc of the first Sun/Moon and at this point we should be 100+ episodes in considering SM is over two years old...)

Eh, there was too much wrong with that arc IMO. It happened too early, leading most of the Pokemon involved being too weak for it to make sense and Ash was the one to save the day when he shouldn't have. Also... we're five months behind. That's ridiculous, tbh. It was around 2 months for gen 6.

I'd go with the numbering Pokemon themsevles used, in which the Slyvally evolution episode was 1000. Or whatever Bulbapedia says it is I guess. This is 993 from Bulba. So I guess 60 is what we're looking at for 1000

Last edited:
Don't suppose the close captions reveal any other moves?
Not that I caught.
WTP=Ash/Mallow/Lana/Sophocles/Lillie/Kiawe/Gladion

So I heard that was Razor Wind and not Psycho Cut, even tho it's purple.
It's captioned as Razor Wind in this episode as well.

It's supposed to charge up then, not fire 3 at once!
So they have to charge Solar Beam but not Razor Wind.
Fletchling didn't charge its multiblade Razor Wind up in its battle against Viola's Surskit, nor did Scyther in "Tag! We're It...!", Shiftry in "Leave It To Brocko!", or Crasher Wake's Floatzel. Has it ever needed charging in the anime?

Also, how is that NOT Sludge Wave? "none of Salazzle's moves are known" my ass.
I wouldn't know.

In a vacuum, this could have been a fantastic finale to the Aether arc. They made Mother Beast Lusamine even more threatening than the games with a full team now and actually attacking alongside her Pokémon in this unique and bizarre form. They had Lillie run up to her mother and give her long-awaited calling out to her for being mistreated all those years.

But what led up to that moment and what follows it brings down a lot of the stakes. The whole subplot was clearly rushed until now, and what did happen gives us little reason to care about Lusamine in the first place, or at least why she must be stopped. I don't expect – or want – the anime to be a 1:1 copy of the games, but the plot should at least work on its own merits.

Not even the latter half of this episode is especially well thought out. The only logic I can imagine is "well, we don't have much time left after all that story stuff; let's show off our flashy new Z-Move!" It's especially saddening because I actually like Z-Moves as a concept, so seeing most of them be relegated to plot cop-outs is a real letdown.

If it weren't for that part, this would be the best episode of the arc. But even that's not saying much.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom