• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP12: The Professors' New Adventure!

Is there an entry for Nihilego in this episode? Out of curiosity.

Although registered, there was no entry

Cast list:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfield
Marc Swint

Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Cater Cathcart
Daniel J. Edwards
Abe Goldfarb
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Riley Joseph
Emily Jenness
Marisa Kennedy
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Michael Liscio Jr
Suzy Myers
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Sean Reyes
Marc Thompson

and I wonder Poipole gets an english dub voice?

Poipole doesn't speak in this episode so we can't confirm it

Last edited:
Cool that Sean Kenin (Reyes) still gets to do stuff for Pokemon every now and then.

He’s now in LA and has appeared in Top Cat Begins, Family Guy and Lego Dimensions.

Welp, here we are. The 1000th episode of the main anime if you don’t count banned episodes (even ones banned for weird reasons).

And we got a great episode with the marriage of both Professor Kukui and Burnet. Such a joyful ep all around.

At the same time though it feels so good to have reached the 1000th episode too. Now normally I don’t really pay too much attention to the dub nowadays since I’m too busy most of the time and giving criticisms about stuff like cringy dialogue or Goldfarb’s music would get old very quickly in my eyes.

Nowadays I normally see an ep every now and then just to see how some characters voice and for guest appearances which the dub has never disappointed with.

As a fan of voice acting myself it’s been a blast to see the dub get some guest names to appear like Lucien Dodge, Vic Mignogna, Spike Spencer, Todd Haberkorn, Cristina Valenzuela, Sean Schemmel, Brittany Lauda, J. Michael Tatum, Rena Strober (yes her from Fire Emblem), Eddy Lee, Christopher Sabat, Cassandra Lee Morris, Chris Patton, Kira Buckland, Carrie Savage, Mike McFarland... I could just go on and on but y’all get the picture anyways.

And of course both the 4Kids and the TPCI cast who have gone on to do incredible things too (Bill Rogers, Veronica Taylor, Carrie Keranen, Tara Sands now in LA, Daman Mills now in Texas, Sarah Natochenny in GTA, anyone of the Pokemon actors in NYAV Post dubs, Michele Knotz and Lisa Ortiz in some FUNi dubs) and yes TPCI did have an incredibly shaky start and I’ll admit the Mastermind special was pretty awful in terms of voice acting but they have gradually improved over the years and I’d take their current state anyday over the earlier eps (at least some voices anyway)

Not to mention I can’t believe CITV’s been airing the series for THIS long since it’s debut in 1999 in the UK and the fact I’ve been with the series for that long too.

(And yes I am aware GMTV and Sky One have aired the series too)

I’ll admit this post is reading like the world’s longest and most dullest post to some so I’ll just end with this:
Happy 1000th episodes to the dub and congratulations to everyone involved in the series, both old and new.

When they don't allow the spirit jokes, of course they were going to censor the alcohol.
If it was just the drink itself that they censored then I would've been fine with it. But nope they had to go out of their way to change the glasses too.

Oh my god what an amazing, unique episode!!! That Pokeball engagement ring was the cutest thing. The romance was dealt with perfectly with them focusing on how they positioned their feet - really well thought out actually. The wedding planning was really fun - the girls were all fired up which was nice and Ash as the ring boy was funny too as he was so rigid. I think that the wedding was small and cute and for students to set this up, it was the perfect mix of casual and formality especially with nice touches such as Alolan Pancakes as the cake. I think that the styling of Kukui's and Burnet's attire suited them (pardon the pun haha) and they did well with that. It was nice to see old characters come back as it gave me a flashback of how far the anime has actually come. I really liked the fact that Oak officiated the wedding because it brought some humour to the wedding. MUNCHLAX KISSING OAK THOUGH - that was so funny haha. Solgaleo's 'wishes' to Kukui and Burnet was cute too and it had some closure effect for Ash which was in the right place.

I didn't like the Ultra Beast talk in this episode - it is not the time for this as it is supposed to be about the wedding and I felt this was unnecessary padding. Whilst, this Ultra Guardian business is exciting they could've done it when Alola was in threat from another UB and they were called in to discuss this high-profile stuff, this really needs a separate episode. I didn't like or want Faba to come back and whilst he still may be a danger the writers want to harness, Lusamine and Wicke should know better.

Episode rating: 8/10

So this mark's the 1000th episode of the Dub huh? I've watched this show for so long, I couldn't keep track how many there were till I checked on Twitter today. Anyways, I will so agree with what most people say and that this was a perfect way to end the Aether arc.... with Freakin marriage in Pokemon! I don't think this was shown before and just how it was handled too made it even more special than expected! Now for what I liked in this week's episode.... everything I'm serious I couldn't find 1 thing to dislike about it: The conclusion to Solgaleo/Nebby, Lusamine being back to normal, Lillie back to her original clothes, Kukui proposing to Burnet and how it was handled... Boi legit tears kinda came out of me, then the 2 getting married of course and everyone just enjoying themselves. Nothing but good things happened in this episode and definitely will be giving this a 10/10! Again nice way to end the arc and concluding Burnet/Kukui's little arc of their own. Before I forget, Lusamine is now assembling a task force with the gang called the Ultra Guardians and just like with what happened to Nebby, they have to go up against and capture all ultra beasts in the Alola region to ensure that we're all safe. I wonder how this plot will be handled? Especially since we are in season 2 of the SM series and with all the speculation regarding Gen 8, hoping we get results soon. Happy 1000 episodes to the Dub once again:D

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom