• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP16: Tasting the Bitter with the Sweet!

Finally an episode devoted to Mallow and Lana and you know what? It was pretty good and cute too! 1st off the 2 of them when they were younger just man it was adorable and their voices too, Drampa making an appearance and it too was nice to see, TR acting like kids with toys is both the best/worst thing ever but I'm sure it was fun to do for the VA's, and just being a really chill episode I guess after the other EP's which had things going for them, this one went for a much more calmer vibe and I like. Even though this was filler, just like most SM fillers I enjoyed this because it was fun and not like the others from past seasons. I'll give this episode an 7.5/10.

Dez5jiCXkAEGWDD.jpg

From the NickAndMore Twitter. Pokemon Sun & Moon Ultra Adventures, starting June 18th, will be airing daily in 6PM and 2AM timeslots.

Rewatching, the first part of the episode was decent. It has very cute moments, a very interesting plot and nice jokes from Rotom and Team Rocket. It's in the second half when things get bad, as Lana & Mallow's story is ended abruptly with a montage and Drampa is found too easily in the present. Also, there were zero moments of Lana & Mallow's bond in the present, it seemed like their friendship with Drampa was more important.

The episode aired in Latin America 4 days ago! Is it the first English to other language dub to air this episode?

This was literally one of the cutest episodes ever. I love how Lana called Mallow 'Ms. Family Restaurant'. That was adorable. I also really liked how she lied to Mallow about the bitter Haban berries; she's been playing tricks since young childhood.

I was surprised to see that Pollen Puffs are edible though. I guess that's supposed to be a reference to how they can heal allies.

Anyway, super cute episode. I loved it :3

The thing I like about the part with the TRio that made the cringe work is the way everyone else reacted. Everyone including Drampa looked disturbed, and that made the scene funny. Also I loved Mallow and Lana covering Steenee's and Popplio's eyes. Cool references to Jessie's old pokemon as well.

A Mallow and Lana focus episode... HYPE!!! :X3::love:

So, Lana randomly brings up her sisters getting lost... Okay. Anything for plot context, I guess. Actually serves good as friendly chats; hmm, I like this perspective now. (y):p

So, Mallow and Lana have been friends since childhood. That's nice to know. (y)

AWW... Small Lana and Mallow are so cute :love::love: Also, Lana being shy... Ah! My heart can't handle this cuteness! :love::X3::X3:

Lana being dragged into stuff LOL. :LOL:

Funny Pollen Puff debut. :p

Damn Drampa... Why did you have to scare the two girls like that?! :eek:

Rotom Dex faiing LOL. :D Was lowkey hoping for an Abomasnow Pokédex entry. Hmm... was let down. :(

Lana the troll. :p Glad Mallow and Lana finally became friends. (y)

DRAMPA CAN FLY?!! :eek::eek:

Oh, Drampa was playing peek-a-boo earlier that's what it was doing.

Okay, bittersweet annoys me now. Call them Haban instead. Geez.

So, Mallow and Lana finally meet up with Drampa. Great. (y)

Drampa cringing at Team Rocket was hilarious. :LOL::LOL:

Damn Drampa. Now I know who to never anger in the Pokémon World.:whistle: Also, Twister looks surprisingly powerful for a 40 base power move LOL. :p

Mallow and Lana together with Drampa was so cute TBH. :X3::X3: Also, Ash fanboying over Drampa was fantastically funny, yet cute. :p:LOL::X3:

A pretty cute, entertaining episode. Nice knowing about Mallow and Lana's friendship establishment. The girls' interaction with Drampa throughout was pretty cute. I'll give this episode a 10/10.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom