• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP17: Getting a Jump on the Competition!

The who's that Pokémon segment I think is Alolan ninetales.

Who's That Pokemon!?:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSaFql2aswY

Pokedex Entries:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfeRz9wE4yM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n3MkZsPs_w

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7--FRyeb0UA

Bonus Scene 1

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-tMFDlINc

Cast List
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Ryan Andes
Jo Armeniox
Rebecca Becker
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr.
Suzy Myers
Lisa Ortiz
Jake Paque
Scottie Ray
Sean Reyes
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson
Pete Zarustica

Bonus Scene 2 (New Post because Media Limit)

View: https://www.facebook.com/worldofkevinc/videos/557368224663491/

Last edited by a moderator:
changed japanese name Sara into english name Cerah for Sara SM060's page

Wow, Pete Zarustica’s back?!? That’s awesome! Now if only they would show these in America instead of pre-empting them with another dumb DuckTales marathon.

Oh man, Oliver Wyman’s back. Been out of action for a long time, last time I saw or heard him was in Lego Dimensions.

Jo Armeniox as well, she probabrly voiced Cerah.

Mt Lanakila this early? impressive. I hope someone warned them about it being cold as much as I was given warning points for not liking the new Let's GO games. It's THAT cold.

More impressive is no one else around other than the main cast. Also Kukui still shirtless. He's so hot he, he needs no shirt. Why doesn't that work for Lille and Lana, though? this needs further research. Oh, Kiawe is also too hot dress up appropriately too. Weird.

Nebby/Aether still in the opneing, they really should've changed it for the new arc.

Ah, they weren't hot enough after all.

Lol I was gonna say "Ooh, Crabawler, I beat it evolves shocking everyone" but then they said that's why they came and ruined the fun. Also, Kukui and Kiawe aren't too hot afterall. That's better. If Lille and Lana have to dress for the weather, so do you.

10 mins, pulls out food and drinks. I don't think your break is long enough lol.

Undiscovered? seems like a Crabombiamble print to me. Also weird how so many Kanto mons are Ice types in Alola.

Would you like to learn Arora Viel? I don't think that's how it works lol. Other wise then Ash would surely have better than Ember for his Litten or whatever lol

Be funny if Sarah comes last place in the Winter Olympics. UK to win.

Poor dumb Snesel, not knowing it's x4 weak to Fighting. This wont end well. Lol, one hit win. So it needed only one more win to evolve. Good job he paid attention to its exp points. Based on the lore of gyms I feel like he should've brought a few in, so he could have a few of different levels based on the person he's fighting.

Says the name Sarah. Conveniently knows it's an Olympian lol. Also I feel like you should have to sign up weeks in advance.

Turtonator? Kiawe is coming last.

Right now Lille just looks like a younger version of Mugi from Pokemon in that outfit. Not that I'm complaining lol.

Ouch. RIP in pieces Lille, you were forever loved. Died by sucking at sleding.

"How much can a uman guy take?!" - heh, jokes on you Kiawe, he's a ghost after dying in season 1 to a chandelier. That or a Pokemon.

"you wanna ride Charizard again? but last time you were scared". ...you're LITERALLY riding it RIGHT NOW lmao.

"Which move do you wanna try?" - it literally only knows Powder Snow lol. ...and hail apparently lol? did I miss an episode?! also, Aurura Veil must suck if it has to be haily to use. Hmm, reduces damage for 5 turns. Eh, not worth it unless you have a HA Ninetails. Shame Abomasnow can't learn it...

Lol Kiawe did well after all. him failing is funnier.

No one cares about a contestant getting kidnapped lol? also was that the first time that Jessie entered a contest and didn't cheat!? she was gonna win as well based on that terrible commentator! and wasn't it not that long ago some guy kept adding ten years to his claims? was that gen 7? is this the same guy? ... so it's a different dude who looks the same and has the same voice actor. uh, okay then. Let's just say it's the same dude and he BSed his way onto commentary, cuz that's funnier. Although I hate both characters.

I don't think that's Thundershock lol. and oh Ash, you never do cease to amaze me. At least he didn't win like always on the first try. Lille will though!

So if Ash and his friends didn't join, would Jessie have won by default lol?

90 years ago! just how old is this guy lol?

Ash and friends didn't even get top 3 LMFAO? this is new unprecedented territory. They usually always win on the first try, this is so weird. Also I guess there WAS more people. ...also, Mallow and Sopchles didn't join? weird. Or Rotom Dex.

Also I'm annoyed because I'm 99% sure Sarah's voice actor has been used very recently.

Last edited:
No one cares about a contestant getting kidnapped lol? also was that the first time that Jessie entered a contest and didn't cheat!?
She didn't cheat in most of her pokemon contests and showcases.
and wasn't it not that long ago some guy kept adding ten years to his claims? was that gen 7? is this the same guy? ... so it's a different dude who looks the same and has the same voice actor. uh, okay then. Let's just say it's the same dude and he BSed his way onto commentary, cuz that's funnier. Although I hate both characters.
Probably the same man.

She didn't cheat in most of her pokemon contests and showcases.

Probably the same man.

If only Bulbapedia thought the same

and lol, she technically did cheat a few times by using James' Pokemon and such

I just checked out this episode out and yeah, this one was decent Snowy learned Aurora Veil, Lillie I guess becomes closer to becoming a proper trainer by helping Vulpix out and we're on Ula'Ula but just for this one episode, we better see a proper arc involving this place cuz Ash needs to get his next Z-crystal, Hala back and his Crabrawler evolves into Crabominable after taking out an helpless Sneasel he ain't back from that.... It was great to see Alolan Ninetales again since episode Alola, Kanto! Cerah that's how you pronounce it right? She was fine too here and apparently is voiced by Shuana's English actor? She so sounds different here and in a good way of course. So, Hala won this Competition? I was expecting it to be one of the twerps or even TR for that matter but they were barely in this one, Damn it Bewear.... I'll give this an 7.5/10 it was entertaining for me.

It's episodes like these that really make me curse the fact we don't get the post-episode scenes they get over in Japan. The entire episode I was laughing hysterically at the usual suspects who REFUSE to wear warm weather clothing, and the post-episode scene where they all end up with colds would've seriously put this over the top for me. Seriously, Kukui actually wearing a coat but NOT zipping it up was ridiculously funny. I love these characters so much.

Other than that though the episode was alright. Alolan Vulpix is sooo pretty though. And I loved the animation for aurora veil! This episode followed more of the classic "COtD helps a companion with a problem" formula, so it fell a little flat for me, because SM has been doing a great job of generally avoiding those kinds of eps. Since they do only happen once in a while, though, it wasn't totally unbearable. I thought Cerah (thought her name was Sarah the whole episode, kind of weird they changed it from the original) was a cool character.

Oh, and the return of the exaggerating fishing master as the exaggerating snow jumper was pretty funny. I did like that bit of continuity added to the episode.

Good news:

Oliver Wyman returned, glad he reprised Glalie too, even if it's obviously not Ash's and just random ones.

Bad news:

Why TPCi changed the name Sarah to "Cerah" is beyond me- a perfectly acceptable English name changed to something much more vague in English because...? Weird.

Also, the 10th 1/xx'd dub episode, Season 21 holds the record for most "Only 1 piece of Japanese music kept" episodes to date in the English dub.

Bad news:

Why TPCi changed the name Sarah to "Cerah" is beyond me- a perfectly acceptable English name changed to something much more vague in English because...? Weird.
Probably because Lana already has a sister named Sarah, and they didn't want two characters having the exact same name.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom