• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP20: Pushing the Fiery Envelope!

who's that pokemon: incineroar

and I think the voice for Torracat is Lisa Ortiz

Pokedex entries: Incineroar, the Heel Pokémon. A Fire and Dark-type, and the final evolved form of Litten.
Torracat, the Fire Cat Pokémon. A Fire type and the evolved form of Litten.
Popplio's final evolution is Primarina, Litten's final evolution is Incineroar and Rowlet's final evolution is Decidueye.

Yep it’s still Lisa Ortiz.

Pretty much the same voice as Litten, just a bit more raspier than before.

Also I like how it doesn’t say it’s name unlike most other Pokemon which is a nice change.

Who's That Pokemon!?:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Un_9ZIXc5U

Pokedex Entries:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ6_WJVvbVc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8kGWxFYMaQ

Bonus:

View: https://twitter.com/worldofkevinc/status/1012038217221238784

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Jason Griffith
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr.
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Ben Phillips
H.D. Quinn
Sean Reyes
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

Okay, who voices Primarina and Decidueye?
Primarina: Erica Schroeder?
Decidueye: Sean Reyes?

Who's That Pokemon!?:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Un_9ZIXc5U

Pokedex Entries:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ6_WJVvbVc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8kGWxFYMaQ

Bonus:

View: https://twitter.com/worldofkevinc/status/1012038217221238784

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Jason Griffith
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr.
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Ben Phillips
H.D. Quinn
Sean Reyes
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

Looks like Ash, the classmates, Rotom and Professor Kukui/Masked Royal are reading the Who's That Pokemon here. @BigDocFan, can you add it?

Man it's hilarious hearing the anime describe the battle royal seeing as in the games the Battle royal system doesn't work at all like the one seen in the anime. But as usual Game Freak refuses to fix their mistakes and instead just leaves them to rot. Gotta love how not a single one of their employees has stood up to them to demand them to fix their crappy battle royal system. Worthless Japanese fools, every single one of them.

Man it's hilarious hearing the anime describe the battle royal seeing as in the games the Battle royal system doesn't work at all like the one seen in the anime. But as usual Game Freak refuses to fix their mistakes and instead just leaves them to rot. Gotta love how not a single one of their employees has stood up to them to demand them to fix their crappy battle royal system. Worthless Japanese fools, every single one of them.
I personally don't see the big problem with the game version of Battle Royals. All I see is fans being disappointed because they didn't get exactly what they wanted.

Then why are y'all here?
Because the thread for the subbed version is locked? :p

Dub butchering aside, this was a good episode, even if Litten has been on the back burner ever since SM021

Shame it doesn't do anything as a Torracat until the next Battle Royale episode

I thought it was a good fast-paced episode with the episode scenario really showing off Litten's character development and personality. I find more and more that Ash and Litten are really connected and evolution for me was a strengthening of that bond. Yes, it got a bit cringey at times with the "You can do it!" stuff but the battles were really well done. It was a good episode imo. The Masked Royale acted exactly how I expected and Kukui too ;)

8/10

Oh it's a Battle Royal episode? I hate these in game. They're stacked against the player and ending when one team runs out of Pokemon is stupid. Also, I'm triggered in that on both Sun and Ultra Sun the Poke I chose was attacked by all three dudes before I got to do anything and I was given the loss cuz well, a level 19 Poe isn't living three attacks. lololol, guess Hau/Da Masked Royal are da champions now, they technically beat me

I feel like Ash has technically done a BR before in a random episode. Also, clearly Ash should've entered with his Buzzwol- oh right yeah. Remember I wanted to see that Buzzwole vs an Inciniroar? ...oh how you taunt me, Pokemon. This was the PERFECT TIME. Use time travel and retcon it back and let Ash keep Buzzwole forever and have it fight in this episode.

I like how Rotom isn't stating the MIDDLE forms of these... gee I wonder why. Wait no I'm already aware because... spoilers are a thing. I should really watch the Japanese version but nah, I'll take spoilers - I watch dubs.

Lol, was the Machamp trainer black in the original? cuz usually those lips are used on racist characters in anime. (edit: you know what's funny? I literally just learned that an epiode a few ahead was banned for blackface lol, what a coincidence. I MIGHT watch it in Japanese)

Kukui's Inciniroar is hacked. Wait, I mean - Da Masked Royalsterio. Still though, no selling (which means acting like you didn't get hit, which is a big no no in pro wrestling) two super effective moves? what a heel (evil wrestler) I can only assume it's like, 50+ levels above these other Pokemon because the way I've seen BRs... I get targeted and instantly lose to three attacks el o el

If they wanted us to think Rey Mysterio is a different character, they should've had a different voice actor lol. also since when is mallious moonsault a multi target move? that would've been nice in my playthrough of Ultra Sun... also, defeating a Fairy and Fighting type with a Dark type move does show it's a good 50+ levels ahead.

With how much Ash has seen Sin Cara's chest this season, he should know who is under the mask lol

I'm pretty sure opening a food stand outside a public event like that is illegal lol and even if they got permission, I'm pretty sure TR would get random sales anyway, people love food courts! and I really need to go to the Pokemon World - if I don't die within 11 seconds, I Can just run up to a guy, say I have exp in a job and I get the role. It works every team for Team Rocket and I've been out of a job for way too long at this point... maybe I should go apply for Team Skull. Then again, they suck at Pokemon and I'm clearly Champion level with my knowledge of the Ultra Beasts real names.

He wears a mask because he's ugly. Like all masked wrestlers. trolol.

That MC that looks one foot tall sure is small.

"shoots fire from its mid section". Every time I used Flamethrower was hilarious. I COULD'VE used what made sense in a psycial move because its special stat sucks but why would I NOT use the **** flamethrower?

Lana doens't like the event, she likes the shirtless muscle man. nooooooooooooo

Even Litten knows knows who Kalisto is under that mask lol. Also "since he saw Inciniroar on TV". I mean like... that was one day ago. Also, "did you come alone lol?" because he KNOWS Ash Salad Cream didn't. How does he know? because Hunico is psychic.

Also, a Chargabug and a Litten - this is a free 21st win lol. I feel like if I was in the crowd I'd demand a refund because this is gonna be one sided. Also, Marowak = Ghost. ...None of them stand a chance lol

They just broke the rules of pro wrestling. When you hit the ropes you run forever and ever and ever and don't stop until youre hit or hit someone else. FALLING OVER AFTER HITTING THE ROPES ISN'T CANON!

If you stole Marowak's bone mid battle would it be screwed? because that's how it does its moves lol. would it be like Shoutmon? if you steal a Shoutmon's mic, it'll die if its away from it too long because Digimon's weapons are literally part of them. This is my new head canon. Steal Marowak's bone and it'll die in a week.

Why is Darkness Lariest and Malisous Moonsault acting as though they're Fire moves in this episode? also, he's been saving DL for three weak Pokemon it can one shot?

Holding back - still beat two Pokemon. poor Marowak and Chargabug.

Should've used Ember rather than Fire Fang considering that Bulk Up lol

who's that pokemon?! ...is it Torracat? ...dammit, wrong again. and oh I expected Litten to get up and then Inciniroar would take a dive and lose lol

No, Litten would NOT beat that Inciniroar. It's won 20 fights in a row and Ash's Litten is weak.

Ash knows what Flame Charge is Rotom. He once spammed it and "lowered" his speed and then Trick Room ran out and his Pokemon became a ninja. That was a genius plan in all fairness. Though since it's Ash it was on accident lol. ...also, not sure why Ash "knew" that was a new move just cuz it was twerking but whatever.

Not sure why everyone has to twerk tbh. At least let the girls join in. They might want Flame Charge too. Yep, that's why I want them to twerk. No other reason.

Also pretty sure that Inciniroar is going to take a dive. He's a heel pro wrestler and their job is to lose to the good guy and make everyone happy and Ultio Drago is friends with Ash.

"Me, Litten, Pikachu, Lycanrok, Rowlett and Buzzwole too!"

Why are they acting like Flame Charge is a bug deal lol? and tbh, that evolution was cool. Not sure if that counts as Litten using FC though? also it sure is a good job that evolving fully heals you in the anime.

Also I'm pretty sure that Litten and Torrocat have a high base speed than Inciniroar? *googles* they do indeed. Flame Charge wasn't even needed lol. Also, if El Generico wanted speed he could teach Flame Charge lol.

Oh Torrocat lost? I was honestly expecting Inciniroar to pretend to lose on purpose, this wasn't even televised. Hawlucha is ruthless, wont even lose to a ten year old off screen lol. I guess he even plays a heel IRL.

Also for srs, I'm sad that Bulbapedia doesn't play into kayfabe (storyline) and pretend it doesn't know who the Masked Royal is, it's more fun that way. I'm also sad their pics on the episodes alywas spoil. It literally shows Torrocat and I always know what episode I'm up to based on Bulba lol.

The Masked Royale acted exactly how I expected and Kukui too ;)

it's actually "Royal". In wreslting they use the word "Royal" rather than the world "Royale" which is why they're called Battle Royals and not Battle Royales in gen 7. Why? ...I have no idea. Probably so they could trademark "Battle Royal". It's just been a thing for a good 100 years so "Battle Royale" is techniclly the one that is incorrect with video games and such - pro wrestling invented BRs

Last edited:
Saw this episode this morning. Here’s my thoughts...

• The voice cast was all pretty good, for a change. Abe Goldfarb, especially, did an outstanding job as The Masked Royal. The only voice I thought needed some improvement was Machamp’s,

• The animation was some of the best I’ve seen on the show in a while. I’m guessing this was an Iwane episode because of how good it looks. My favorite bit of animation was during Ash’s bizarre training montage (more on that later).

• Some plot-related thoughts: I thought Lana’s random obession with the Royal was pretty funny. Too bad it was only brought up a couple of times. And how about that training montage, huh? It’s one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever seen on this show, and that’s saying a lot compared with some of the other crazy things that have happened in the past. But I really could have done without the ass-shaking.

Last edited:
I loved the scene where Litten evolved into Torracat. It reminded me of the episode where Monferno evolved into Infernape in DP. Being in a ball of flames instead of the usual glowing and transforming made it cooler and more dramatic. I'm not even upset Ash and Torracat lost again, I was just happy it evolved and mastered Flame Charge. I also loved the Professor's/The Masked Royal's Incineroar. Those two seem like perfect partners.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom