• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

REVIEW: S21 EP21: Turning Heads and Training Hard!

Future dub VA
Reaction score
This is actually SM065, with Ilima, I have no idea if TVNZ made a mistake or something happened, but the Passimian episode has not aired. I'll have footage later
Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Jo Amernoix
Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Francesca Calo
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Jason Griffith
Brittney Lee Hamilton
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr
Suzy Myers
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Jake Paque
Haven Paschall
Ben Phillips
Lori Phillips
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson
Pete Zarustica

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Very strange, airing out of order, oh well this is better than the Passimian episode personally

Pete Zarustica again, I must be dreaming

Reaction score
New actor alert: Francesca Calo. Female actor whose last NY apperance was in the German CG film Little Bird's Big Adventure which had Michele Knotz and Drake Bell (yes that Drake Bell) in it, Regal Academy and has just appeared in the recent film Ocean's Eight.

Illima I'm guessing is either
- Jason Griffith
- Sam Black
- Jake Paque
- Oliver Wyman
or
- Ben Phillips.

Prince of the Sea
Reaction score
So, is the title actually for the Ilima episode? Am I getting this right?

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
Francesca Calo? The new voice actress who makes english dub Eevee, Leafeon and Glaceon voice or just Eevee voice? Or Eevee voice dub could be voiced by same japanese actor?

Reaction score
Francesca Calo? The new voice actress who makes english dub Eevee, Leafeon and Glaceon voice or just Eevee voice? Or Eevee voice dub could be voiced by same japanese actor?
We don't know, Alolan Grimer was featured in today's Who's That Pokemon.

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
well, Tupp and Rapp voiced the who's that pokemon segmant in the dub. Can you add it please?

Reaction score
Illima I'm guessing is either
- Jason Griffith
- Sam Black
- Jake Paque
- Oliver Wyman
or
- Ben Phillips.
Could be going out on a limb here, but I think dub Ilima could also possibly be Michael Liscio Jr.: heard traces of Griffith's Shadow and Liscio Jr's Clemont in whoever dub Ilima is at either rate, it's crazy.

Reaction score
Just watched the full episode and from what i recall they seem to have changed Tupp's whole lack of lady love problem to something about him hating the fact that he's getting older. Quite a strange way to censor someone's hatred towards someone else but then again TPCi and DuArt seem to be no strangers to crazy bits of censorship here and there nowadays so.

Prince of the Sea
Reaction score
Just watched the full episode and from what i recall they seem to have changed Tupp's whole lack of lady love problem to something about him hating the fact that he's getting older. Quite a strange way to censor someone's hatred towards someone else but then again TPCi and DuArt seem to be no strangers to crazy bits of censorship here and there nowadays so.
... ...
... ... ...
... ... ... ...

SERIOUSLY??!!

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
I hated the original reason for Tupp's vendetta anyway. This isn't worth my tears whatsoever.

Prince of the Sea
Reaction score
I hated the original reason for Tupp's vendetta anyway. This isn't worth my tears whatsoever.
It was never meant to be that way, anyway. It was meant to be humorous and not taken seriously. Tupp obviously made it sound more overdramatic than it really was.

Reaction score
Not surprised at this point, though I'd call that more of a script rewrite than a censor, but can see what you mean. I also heard back in the dub on YouTube for SM063 there was some rewriting of the script with Ash's speech: it wasn’t just about Litten in Japanese, as he talked about how he is trying his best to help his whole team get stronger, as he realizes that he is struggling as he has been on a losing streak. He mentions how his team is getting stronger everyday, and how he will continue to get stronger too. The dub rewrote it to only be about Litten, when it was supposed to show that Ash is noticing his faults and is trying his best to overcome them.

Of course Season 21 being full of nothing but 1-2/xx episodes in terms of only 1 or 2 pieces of Japanese music kept episodes so far, doesn't ameliorate matters with the TPCi dub nowadays, but we all know that and the acting/vocal direction departments won't change for the foreseeable future, just have to live with it at this point sadly.

Prince of the Sea
Reaction score
Somebody should probably add all these dub changes to the episode's "dub edits" section on Bulbapedia.

Man, it's almost like I get more and more reasons to prefer the original Japanese version with every new dubbed episode...