• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP21: Turning Heads and Training Hard!

This is actually SM065, with Ilima, I have no idea if TVNZ made a mistake or something happened, but the Passimian episode has not aired. I'll have footage later
Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Jo Amernoix
Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Francesca Calo
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Jason Griffith
Brittney Lee Hamilton
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr
Suzy Myers
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Jake Paque
Haven Paschall
Ben Phillips
Lori Phillips
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson
Pete Zarustica

New actor alert: Francesca Calo. Female actor whose last NY apperance was in the German CG film Little Bird's Big Adventure which had Michele Knotz and Drake Bell (yes that Drake Bell) in it, Regal Academy and has just appeared in the recent film Ocean's Eight.

Illima I'm guessing is either
- Jason Griffith
- Sam Black
- Jake Paque
- Oliver Wyman
or
- Ben Phillips.

Francesca Calo? The new voice actress who makes english dub Eevee, Leafeon and Glaceon voice or just Eevee voice? Or Eevee voice dub could be voiced by same japanese actor?

well, Tupp and Rapp voiced the who's that pokemon segmant in the dub. Can you add it please?

Illima I'm guessing is either
- Jason Griffith
- Sam Black
- Jake Paque
- Oliver Wyman
or
- Ben Phillips.
Could be going out on a limb here, but I think dub Ilima could also possibly be Michael Liscio Jr.: heard traces of Griffith's Shadow and Liscio Jr's Clemont in whoever dub Ilima is at either rate, it's crazy.

Just watched the full episode and from what i recall they seem to have changed Tupp's whole lack of lady love problem to something about him hating the fact that he's getting older. Quite a strange way to censor someone's hatred towards someone else but then again TPCi and DuArt seem to be no strangers to crazy bits of censorship here and there nowadays so.

Just watched the full episode and from what i recall they seem to have changed Tupp's whole lack of lady love problem to something about him hating the fact that he's getting older. Quite a strange way to censor someone's hatred towards someone else but then again TPCi and DuArt seem to be no strangers to crazy bits of censorship here and there nowadays so.
... ...
... ... ...
... ... ... ...
facepalm.jpg

SERIOUSLY??!!

I hated the original reason for Tupp's vendetta anyway. This isn't worth my tears whatsoever.

Not surprised at this point, though I'd call that more of a script rewrite than a censor, but can see what you mean. I also heard back in the dub on YouTube for SM063 there was some rewriting of the script with Ash's speech: it wasn’t just about Litten in Japanese, as he talked about how he is trying his best to help his whole team get stronger, as he realizes that he is struggling as he has been on a losing streak. He mentions how his team is getting stronger everyday, and how he will continue to get stronger too. The dub rewrote it to only be about Litten, when it was supposed to show that Ash is noticing his faults and is trying his best to overcome them.

Of course Season 21 being full of nothing but 1-2/xx episodes in terms of only 1 or 2 pieces of Japanese music kept episodes so far, doesn't ameliorate matters with the TPCi dub nowadays, but we all know that and the acting/vocal direction departments won't change for the foreseeable future, just have to live with it at this point sadly.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom